+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survivor: Vanuatu 11/18/04 Recap: Of the Pig, the Lamb, and the Pecking Order

Great job, Manny!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Leo
    Premium Member
    Big shoes to fill, but you did great.

I actually paid more attention to the recap than the show.

Great job Manny!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Chris and Chad’s best hope, at this point, is for that creature from “Lost” to attack the camp and that the women will keep them around as a light monster-snack. Eliza certainly wouldn’t make a very filling meal.

I shall call him Bob.

I’d throw in a “hanging Chad” joke in there, too, but that’s sooo 2000.
    There are so many great quotes, but those are my favorites.
    Excellent job, Manny! It's always a joy reading your recaps.

Manny, this was a very enjoyable read! Great job!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

The Alinta tribe files back into camp after Tribal Council, where Sarge received his honorable discharge. Day is done, gone the sun.

Precisely the type of boorish behavior one might expect from a . . . well, pig.

Day 25 – How Cold Can it be Near the Equator?

Good thing Twila didn’t have her way and turn Mr. Pig into a platter of bacon, though that might have been deemed valuable with the right seasonings.

Perhaps if he’s in good condition, they will get a special feast. If he’s in bad condition . . . they will be a special feast. Mwa ha ha!

“It’s like this: AIE-YIE!” No, Ami. Not quite like that.

“Kavaaaaa. . . .” he muses, before collapsing into instant sleep. What would the DARE program at his school think?

which turns out to be a big pile of . . . meat

Day 26 – Home Sweet Insouciant Home

Immunity Challenge – Treehuggers

With that, everyone climbs up and holds on, and we enter the riveting hang-on-for-as-long-as-you-can challenge! Now I hate to shaft you, dear readers, with such a lack of play-by-play, but surely you can see my dilemma here. They’re holding onto a pole. However, I understand if you feel cheated, and I’ll be happy to reimburse you for this lack of substance. Just contact my representative, Bob the Pig.

I guess she’s not as brittle as she looks.

Twila has decided to literally hold on by the skin of her teeth and bite one of the ropes wrapped around the pole. Chad, on the other hand, appears to be kissing the pole. I only report what I see, folks.

The lover vs. the biter. I’d throw in a “hanging Chad” joke in there, too, but that’s sooo 2000.
    Glad someone could impart a little humor regarding this *predictable* show. I never fail to be amused after reading one of your recaps. Excellent job, Manny!

AIE-YIE! I'm late and all the quotes have been quoted! *hangs head in sorrow*

Fabulous, fabulous recap, Manny! I love your style!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I'm way late (and a dollar short). What an excellent read, Manny! I really enjoy your keen eye and funkalicious wit. Your description of the "bendy" challenge had me rolling. And hanging chad... Great job!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Manny, Fabulous recap. Now all the writers are gonna try to get you to fill in for them.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    what’s not to love, I ask you. What’s that? Predictability, you say? Shhh! It was supposed to be a rhetorical question.

Or will that darned “Y” chromosome be their doom?

Day is done, gone the sun.

Chris and Chad’s best hope, at this point, is for that creature from “Lost” to attack the camp and that the women will keep them around as a light monster-snack. Eliza certainly wouldn’t make a very filling meal.

The next morning, the sun rises, much as it has every day.

Scout is up early, and she’s a-scheming while the other ladies slumber, bundled up as though it’s Survivor: Antarctica. yessssssssss!!! *pumps fist*

“Hey, it’s day 25, and we’re still alive!” Chris enthusiastically reminds Chad. What a catchy little slogan! Whoever writes the tree-mail poems could take a few lessons.

Reward Challenge - Vaguely Obscene

As it turns out, he’s had several names, and they finally decided on “Piggy.” How clever.

This challenge is a bendy, skin-baring obstacle course extravaganza, which I frankly wonder how they came up with. I guess it’s time to up the ratings some more.

Meanwhile, Julie, lacking such support from Leann, Scout, and Twila, has taken to recklessly throwing herself around like a young, crazy-eyed Eddie Vedder.

Chad’s Far-Out Adventure, Man!

If he’s in bad condition . . . they will be a special feast. Mwa ha ha!

Or a National Geographic . . . you know she wanted to say it.

This one is small, furry, and has no name. I shall call him Bob.

“It’s like this: AIE-YIE!” No, Ami. Not quite like that.

Whoa, cosmic, dude.

Each of the four survivors drink a bowl of the potent brew and we veritably “see” the effect thanks to a woozy setting-sun-spinning-pretty-twinkly-colors segue that Mark Burnett kindly provides us.

What would the DARE program at his school think?

Mmm . . . rubbery! To enhance the ambience, there is a cow’s head sitting next to the meat.

Day 26 – Home Sweet Insouciant Home

and the appearance of dolphins surely indicates happier things to come.

Ah, camaraderie.

Just contact my representative, Bob the Pig.

Chad, on the other hand, appears to be kissing the pole. I only report what I see, folks.

The lover vs. the biter. I’d throw in a “hanging Chad” joke in there, too, but that’s sooo 2000.

Now it’s time for the pre-Tribal Council scramble. That sounds as though it would make a nice, funkalicious dance, huh?

Relax and have a bowl of Kava with me at mantenna@fansofrealitytv.com
    Fantastic, hilariously sarcastic, witty recap, Mannalicious!! You always manage to pull the funny out of thin air!! Who's the bad mammer jammer? Who? <----demanding tone.

Anyhow, I loved your whole tone in this piece, and I don't care if "hanging Chad is "sooo 2000", it is still gold!! And you got Survivor:Antarctica in there!! Yesssssss!! *pumps fist*

Anyhow, another fab-oh recap, mi Mannitola.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12