+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q about Survivor Insider Video

Q about Survivor Insider Video

Hi there,

I hope I am not asking a question that has already been asked. I did search the boards and can't find any 'remotely similar.

Does anyone have trouble playing Insider videos at Cbs.com? for the life of me, I can't get the video to play. I keep getting a popup that says the server is not available, but the url is doubleclick. I remember getting a url similar to that last season, but I just copied, pasted the link, then deleted the doubleclick stuff and was able to play the video.

Does anyone have tips or tricks on how I can view the CBS videos? I have the current realplayer and windows media player. There are no directions whatsoever at Cbs.

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Premium Member
    Welcome Sparks,
    This thing gave me fits for weeks, I missed the first 3 weeks of Survivor Live, I could'nt see the video clips, it was a mess. Much like you I have the latest versions of all needed software and I still could not access the videos. So at that point I threw my hands up in disgust .
    I mentioned this to my friend who is pretty sharp with PC issues, his suggestion was to watch and tweak my firewalls while trying to access the site, darn if he was'nt right, I run multiple firewalls and the firewalls were not playing nicely together on certain things including Survivor Live and Insider videos. I tweaked all of my setting and all is ok now and I can watch the video's on the CBS website. I don't know if this is a possible resolve for you, but it worked for me.
    RC

Hi Roz,

Thanks for the tip. I tried disabling my windows firewall, tried allowing the session cookies, but still cannot watch the videos. I keep getting a popup that a certain site ads.doubleclick.net/network.now.com.. blah blah blah cannnot be accessed. I even went into my security settings to allow doubleclick and hitbox cookies... nothing worked.

I'm pretty computer savvy and this has me totally stumped.

Premium Member
    Sparks are you trying to access the video via Internet Explorer??

Try using an internet browser called Mozilla.
    You can then just adjust your settings in that.
    This show rocks!

Yes, I'm trying with explorer. Never thougth to try with Netscape. Will give that a shot.

+ Reply to Thread