+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next time on Survivor - Week 10

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    This should be a good episode... things are heating up, and the schemes are percolating... finally!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    From the official CBS site:

My guesses:

1. Julie and Eliza

2. Chris

3. Eliza or Leann

4. Eliza

5. Ami

Snoozin' on the beach
    Culture shock? Hmm, no bug eating challenge yet. I can't imagine they'd do away with that one, so maybe that's it. Things the Vanuatu culture considers food but we don't.

I can see the over indulging being eating food. Many of past survivors have said when they win food, like cheeseburgers, their system isn't used to it and it really has an effect. Wasn't it the week before with the cake that Sarge said he felt sick afterwards?
    Why anyone would chow down on cake when they haven't had meat or any decent meal in awhile is beyond me. I'd expect them to know something like that would make them sick. I know it would make me sick :-)

Culture shock could reffer to the infamous 'land divers'
    I know this challenge seems a bit farfetched but its not as dangerous as you might think it is (im not saying that its not dangerous at all).

Here in Australia we used to have a show called 'who dares wins' and some guy had to jump of the platform and 'land dive' onto the ground. He did it no problems, just a bit of dirt, and he won a holiday.

By the way for those of you who dont know, the land divers dive onto a steeply embanked muddy hill, its not just flat ground.
    This show rocks!

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Star
    I know this challenge seems a bit farfetched but its not as dangerous as you might think it is (im not saying that its not dangerous at all).

Here in Australia we used to have a show called 'who dares wins' and some guy had to jump of the platform and 'land dive' onto the ground. He did it no problems, just a bit of dirt, and he won a holiday.

By the way for those of you who dont know, the land divers dive onto a steeply embanked muddy hill, its not just flat ground.

I've never heard of land divers, It does sound dangerous. How high are they jumping from? I'd be scared I'd break bones or worse. It would be really wild to see but if they are feeding them more to avoid health problems, I doubt they'd take a chance on that. it would be really interesting to see their reactions..lots of

its pole climbing

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Star

So that's what they are showing in that clip at the start of the show? I thought it was some kind on non-elastic bungee jumping using vines... so you are saying they kind of splat onto a steep muddy hill? Sounds really dangerous... I don't see how Scout or Chad could do it it it puts stress on the legs as it looks in the picture.

Lind diving is the same as the clips you see in the intro of the show.
    Sorry guys I should have elaborated a bit more on this.

It is kind of like bungee jumping except the chord is not elastic. It is a very thick and strong type of vine. They tie it to your legs and just before you hit the ground the vines are stretched out to their maximum extent. They kind of tighten fully to stop you from slamming into the muddy hill. As the tightening creates a lot of force and tension in the vines. the person is instantly whipped to a stop in the air and there is a crack of the vines. As they are not elastic you just stay there on the ground.

Its hard to explain but just exmagine bungee jumping using a non elastic chord and being suddenly whipped to a stop. I am not exactly sure why they do this, I think its some kind of ceremony and only the men do it I think. I am also not sure on how high it is but I think its in the vicinity of 10-12m. The platform is built on a high tower made of logs and sticks.
    This show rocks!

PWS is correct you do use the vines to stop you from splatting into the ground, but you do actually slam into the ground, just with not as much force as if you jumped off it without vines.

As your legs are literally cracked to a hault because the vines are non elastic, it would be hard for scout and chad.
    This show rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    This should be a good episode... things are heating up, and the schemes are percolating... finally!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12