+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 11-11-04 Show discussion - ****SPOILER****

Snoozin' on the beach
    Tmcrae,

I recall something way back in the beginning seasons that the remaining jury members weren't allowed to talk about what happened once the jury began. I think it was because they didn't want to influence jury votes based on incidents that happened AFTER certain people got kicked. The only info they would get would be at TC when they observe, so if something is going to come out it would be there.

Example: Sarge will decide his vote on things that happened up to the point of his boot and only his boot. If they told him about the chicken wing thing, well heck, why stop there. Tell him about Chris double dealing and this, that and the other. They shouldn't (aren't?) allowed to decide who wins on "heresay". For that matter anyone of them in the jury could lie through their teeth to get a vote changed. No one would be the wiser except for the people that got voted out after them.Sarge could say Ami told me this in private or Chad told me that in private.

I'm not entirely sure about the jury not being able to discuss it, just something i recalled from past seasons. Anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I'm sure I heard somewhere that Greg already had his mind made up before his "pick a number" question. He just threw it out there for the hell of it, he didn't base his decision on it.
    Yeah, thats probably true, but the fact that he made it seem like he was doing it randomly (among some other things he did) showed that he didn't take the game seriously (according to a book that came out after the first season). As you'll remember, the first season was very serious, its become a lot more relaxed and light hearted over the years. Apparently Burnett and co were a bit upset with Greg. I for one thought it was a laugh...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    Tmcrae,

I recall something way back in the beginning seasons that the remaining jury members weren't allowed to talk about what happened once the jury began. I think it was because they didn't want to influence jury votes based on incidents that happened AFTER certain people got kicked. The only info they would get would be at TC when they observe, so if something is going to come out it would be there.

Example: Sarge will decide his vote on things that happened up to the point of his boot and only his boot. If they told him about the chicken wing thing, well heck, why stop there. Tell him about Chris double dealing and this, that and the other. They shouldn't (aren't?) allowed to decide who wins on "heresay". For that matter anyone of them in the jury could lie through their teeth to get a vote changed. No one would be the wiser except for the people that got voted out after them.Sarge could say Ami told me this in private or Chad told me that in private.

I'm not entirely sure about the jury not being able to discuss it, just something i recalled from past seasons. Anyone know for sure?
    Well, unless they segregated jury members individually before the final TC, I would think that it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to keep them from speaking to one another about game-related events. I was always under the notion that jury members lived together following their exit from the game and, so, would be able to communicate with one another.

For example, in Thailand, I remember a very agitated Ted confronting Clay about racial slurs he (Clay) had allegedly made about Ted behind his back. Up until that point in the game, no one had mentioned anything about this in their confessionals, nor were there any other indications that these things were said. Ted also never mentioned anything about it in his parting words following his boot. I came to the conclusion that one of the jury members tipped him off to something he/she had "heard" Clay say about him.

am I still a FORT newbie? ophelia's Avatar
    What's the problem with Ami?
    I happen to think she's likely the smartest one there...some people seem to blame her for everything that happens with the women's alliance...including the chicken bone thing.
    Re: two lesbians. Ok, scout had a letter from her 'partner'...that's clear. I don't think she's 'coming on' to Twila...and I think also that Twila is NOT the other lesbian...(some have suggested Ami, and I can accept that) Twila is afraid of the lesbians!!! She was cozying up to Sarge (and he to her), so she's off the list of potentials.

Go AMI!!!

If the chicken bone thing were reversed? hahahaha...who's kidding who? If a man had won that reward challenge, and taken another man....do you really think there'd be any freakin' wings left at all? And, no, I don't think they'd've brought back bones for the women. Usually the winners of a reward bring either nothing, or a small candy...I seem to recall in one series that one candy was brought back, and it was meant to be shared by all....(wasn't that 'oh heck' nineh, or whatever her name was?)
    looking forward to tonight's show, so glad they've knocked off the guys, hope Chris is next. (and why shouldn't they knock them off?...the guys were too stupid in the beginning to keep any men around that could have helped them...I'm really looking forward to seeing Chris' master plan fail miserably)
    I can't help it if I'm lucky--Bob Dylan

+ Reply to Thread