+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Twists/Idea's thread

FORT Fan

Survivor Twists/Idea's thread

POst here if you have any idea's on future twists or such, you never know what one can come up with.

______________________________ ______________________________

The Idea that I have been tinkering with......

We all know how Jeff Probst feels about All Stars (he is against them) even though many of the fans still pull for it. WHile I am not saying to go out and do another season of All Star's, there is a way to accomplish both in a fashion.

THE SURVIVOR MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE

Essentially, Jeff makes it clear ot the cast that they are going to be out there for 42 Days now instead of 39. With a cast of 18 people, that should not tip them off.

THen, when there are either 12 people left or 10 people left, Jeff Brings them to a challenge beach. He starts to tell them how they are here to win a million dollars, but they are going to get a chance to win a second million dollars. He tells them about how over the next three days, there will be a series of challenges, for example, two worth $250k and one worth $500k. He tells them that they will pick teams and then will have the challenges over the next 3 days. He further informs them, that each losing team, they will have to vote out a member, whom will be out of the Million Dollar Challenge but will not be out of the game.

He asks if they are excited. I am sure they will be.

Then he says "Oh, by the way, I think you guys could use some new members to even up the teams"

And with that, emerging from the bushes, come former Survivor Castaways. Either they make up a team of their own, or the two tribes that are in the game will get to select members from the Former Castaways to fill up their teams to 10 members each.
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

ok well this is not my idea, but my friends she thought this would be a great twist

have 4 tribes of like 6 or 8 but, keep the tribes hidden for example tribe A only plays/sees tribe B while tribe C and D play against each other....then have two of the tribes eliminated, one from A/B and one from C/D and then those two tribes merge without either one knowing about each other

don't ask about specifics like how to eliminate all those extra people because i cant remember what she said, but she had it all planned out lol

Okay... for the first few episodes (the first 9 days, say?) all 21 people are immediately in a single tribe. One enourmous group, each episode one gets the boot for coming last in the Challenge, and then one gets voted off.

So after 3 episodes we're down to 15 people.

We get an obstacle race that finishes in two mats. Red and Blue.
    When you finish the race, you stand on a mat.
    The deal is no more than 7 people on a mat.
    If you are fast you get the luxury of picking which team you will be on.
    If you are too slow... well, it's like Musical Chairs. You're out.

Then.... a few weeks of Teams, the teams having roughly sorted themselves out as they prefer to be.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    ok well this is not my idea, but my friends she thought this would be a great twist

have 4 tribes of like 6 or 8 but, keep the tribes hidden for example tribe A only plays/sees tribe B while tribe C and D play against each other....then have two of the tribes eliminated, one from A/B and one from C/D and then those two tribes merge without either one knowing about each other

don't ask about specifics like how to eliminate all those extra people because i cant remember what she said, but she had it all planned out lol
    Interesting. And perhaps, CBS would show one set of Tribes Episode 1 (day's 1-3) on Tuesday Nights at 8 PM for example, and on Thursday Nights they show the other Tribes Episode 1's.

Leading up to the merger, where perhaps Tribe 1 on Tuesday merges with Tribe 2 Thursday and Tribe 2 Tuesday mergers with Tribe 1 Thursday; and from there, they an entire tribe is eliminated or something like that.
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

Oh, I just thought of a great idea!

What if they had teams of 2 like on The Amazing Race. This is how they could do it...

Start off with 20-30 people. Put them into random teams of two people on the first day. Then divide them into tribes of 10-15, but they are still in teams too.

The two tribes live together, but in the Challenges, the Teams of 2 work together. One team from each tribe wins Immunity, and both Tribes go to Tribal Council. The other teams then vote off one Team from their tribe. Later, the two tribes would merge, and the Team that is the final two then plays for the million dollars.

I don't know how well that would work out, but I think it's an interesting concept.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Fan
    On the same subject, but perhaps a little different, what could be done this season (Vanuatu) that would save it? So far, this has been such a dull season it is unreal. A lot of the more interesting people were voted out so quick we did not get to see much happen, and I suspect that if it had been the other way around (the youngers getting control of both tribes) that we woudl have seen the tribes split up probably as early as episode 3 if not by episode 2.

Any ideas?

the only thing I can think, is some sort of challenge of kind where up to 3 people whom have been voted out get the chance to get back into the game in some measure. but got no real idea how to define that.
    Yes, I am DKR.

FORT Fogey
    This isn't really a twist, just a way to change the face of the show.
    One tribe is Americans, the other are contestants from around the world.
    "Survivor-- America vs. the World." Cheesy?? Oh dear god, yes!
    But I would watch it.

Hmmm... a great way to generate Anti-American hatred outside the US, and plenty of hatred of Foreigners within.
    "Oh that naughty Frenchman blindsided our favourite All-American Sweetheart!"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
    So far, this has been such a dull season it is unreal.
    What? You're not captivated by the sexual chemistry simmering between Sarge and Twila?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645
    What? You're not captivated by the sexual chemistry simmering between Sarge and Twila?

I am captivated and ill all at the same time!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast