+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winning odds *spoilers*

Leo
    Premium Member

Winning odds

One of the sites I visit, The Trades, has posted their preview, and here are their odds:

Alex: 4-1
    Butch: 8-1
    Christy: 25-1
    Daniel: 25-1
    Dave: 50-1
    Deena: 100-1
    Heidi/Hiedi: 8-1
    Janet: 50-1
    Jeanne: 4-1
    Jenna: 75-1
    Joanna: 30-1
    Matthew: 100-1
    Rob: 15-1
    Roger: 74-1
    Ryan: 30-1
    Shawna: 15-1

Leo, I marked this thread as spoiler, because it's possible that the Trades may have insider info, and if so, we don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know.

Who knows, but I don't trust info from other sites as NOT having inside info any more.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by John
    Leo, I marked this thread as spoiler, because it's possible that the Trades may have insider info, and if so, we don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know.

Who knows, but I don't trust info from other sites as NOT having inside info any more.
    No problem John - with so many leaks nowadays, you never know...

ok, I don't get odds.... can someone explain to me how 2 people playing the same game with eachother could have the smae odds? Are these odds they tallied from votes by different people?

Sorry if these are stupid questions
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

In my opinion, they should all have 16-1 odds. And I wouldn't put much stock in the oddsmaker's opinions. There's more Survivor sites than & I can count, all making different claims. One of them is bound to be right, the numbers favor it. Remember when everybody was claiming the final 3 would be Brian, Ted & Shii Ann?

The true spoilers don't seem to come along until the days leading up to the shows' airing. Am I wrong or do the Survivors fly to NY to be on the Early Show? I'd think you could predict the bootee simply by hanging out at the airport.

You're correct, jodaar, about flying in. You'd think someone would actually do that.

LG.
    there have been spoilers at some boards about people flying to new york and whatnot. I was in NYC during S2:Australia the week of Jerri's boot and actually saw her in the Plaza Hotel (which is right across the street from the CBS building where they film the Early Show). Actually I saw both Jerri and big tall Mitchell in the hotel but not until after the show aired on Thursday night, so I was guessing the Mitchell was there to party with Jerri. Yup, that was me, walking through the lobby on my way to a seminar going, *stare* isn't that . . . . I remember with Pappy there were all types of reports coming down about his court calendar because as a judge that information is available for attorneys appearing before him.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The airport spoilers seem to have dried up in recent seasons.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread