+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or...

Don't they usually have a one hr show before episode one where we get to know the players a bit? i seem to remember them doing that before... maybe that is why this season we just do not seem to know the players as well?

bjb

Hmm, I've never seen one if they did.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think they've ever done that before either.

Oh maybe i am wrong, it would be helpful if they did though. i thought they used to do that when i first started watching, like Survivor 2.

It would be nice to get to know the people a little before the show started...

bjb

Quote Originally Posted by blue jean baby
    Don't they usually have a one hr show before episode one where we get to know the players a bit? i seem to remember them doing that before... maybe that is why this season we just do not seem to know the players as well?

bjb
    In some of the past seasons the first episode was a 2 hour one. So we got to know the people a bit better in that extra time. This time the first episode seemed extremely rushed.

One thing I noticed this time around : Survivor's board isn't the top rated one here at FORT. It seems to me that in past seasons once Survivor started it quickly took over the first spot - now it's not. It seems there arent's as many posts this time either.

I do think this season is more "blah."

People here have made excellent points: we hardly know a fast majority of the players, the people that stand out are extremely annoying , the villains don't have the "JFP, Rich or Jerri" factor and most of all, and it's just my opinion, the challenges are a real snooze-fest. Balance beam? Puzzles? :rolleyes

For me, it's not the fact that older players are still in the game, I usually enjoy that. It's more of the fact that the players are just plain boring or annoying. The ones that may have an ounce of likability we don't even see.

I don't think I will giving up just yet on the show, but it's nearly impossible for me to believe that I'm looking forward to other shows more than Survivor, which I have watched since the first season.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    The only Survivor with a "getting to know you" pre-show was Survivor: Africa, which featured pits and pieces from the audition tapes of each contestant as well as a small profile on each.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

i think the two hour first show is what i was talking about.

PenguinMom i did notice that on this forum Survivor is not talked about that much. i did wonder about that. If people just were not interested this time or if it is not allowed. i know at another board i am in they talk about each show and what they speculate will happen. i am not sure if that is allowed here or not. i am not really sure who is allowed to start posts here...

bjb

Quote Originally Posted by blue jean baby
    i think the two hour first show is what i was talking about.

PenguinMom i did notice that on this forum Survivor is not talked about that much. i did wonder about that. If people just were not interested this time or if it is not allowed. i know at another board i am in they talk about each show and what they speculate will happen. i am not sure if that is allowed here or not. i am not really sure who is allowed to start posts here...

bjb
    bjb... everything is fair game here.. and everyone can start threads.

The only things that are really a no-no are 1) starting a thread about a spoiler but not labeling it a **Spoiler** in the thread title, and 2) starting or commenting in any thread other than that day's show thread that talks about things that happened in the show prior to it's airing on the West Coast.

Other than that... feel free to speculate.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    bjb... everything is fair game here.. and everyone can start threads.

The only things that are really a no-no are 1) starting a thread about a spoiler but not labeling it a **Spoiler** in the thread title, and 2) starting or commenting in any thread other than that day's show thread that talks about things that happened in the show prior to it's airing on the West Coast.

Other than that... feel free to speculate.
    ...and check to see if there is already a thread about whatever you want to talk about. People seem to forget that there is more than 1 page.

+ Reply to Thread