+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 9-30-04 Show Discussion *** SPOILERS***

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I keep not being home on Thursdays to enjoy commenting with you! gah. Thank God for VCRs.

some observations:

This edition of Survivor more than any other seems to be showing that the political game is king.

Neither tribe has made the choices that will keep them out of tribal council - Lopevi booting the strongest, most nimble men and Yasur keeping Scout who has proven to be a liability both mentally and physically. Granted, Lopevi doesn't have as much to worry about because the differences between the men are not as vast as the differences between the women. If the tribes were mixed, booting someone like JP would be a complete nimrod move.

I liked JP, he was crafty but got some bad luck in that Sarge decided to keep Rory around, especially when you look at how they have performed in the challenges.

As for Scout - that was the only smart thing Eliza has said so far. Why are they keeping her? She is a challenge liability, both physically and mentally. She is not pulling her weight where it really counts. But Yasur is so busy trying to cement their political alliances, it doesn't seem to matter. So politically, Scout is doing very well.

At least the hardworking alliances are on top so far.

John K's choice of Ami was excellent. Some might beg to differ, but choosing Ami was great. Assuming that Lopevi wins the next immunity challenges, Ami is an excellent choice because she is almost guaranteed to make the merge and his youthful head is on the chopping block. I hope that he's there when the merge occurs, so that a good mixup in alliances can occur. He will be looking to jump ship and the women will need male allies. He and Brady will be able to be that - but only if Lopevi keeps winning immunity. So, go Lopevi!

That's all for now.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Granted, Lopevi doesn't have as much to worry about because the differences between the men are not as vast as the differences between the women. If the tribes were mixed, booting someone like JP would be a complete nimrod move.
    Good point. I'm glad to see the men vs. women dynamic. I missed the last season that tried it (Thailand?), but have heard a lot about how it played out then. Normally, voting out the "strong" doesn't make for a good pre-merge strategy, but I don't think the men are going to hurt too badly from it. Not only do they still have strong physical contenders (Brady, John K., Sarge, and I would even add Chad to that list, at least compared to Chris and Bubba), but the women are doing the exact same thing (with less physical assests left behind), so the men could still waltz into merge ahead of the women.

And let me take this moment to add that I really, really, really hope that Sarge (my new Survivor favorite) has enough sense to see that if he lets Chris et al. take out Brady and John K. next then, he (Sarge) is the next target. Make an alliance with at least one of the other two strong males before it's too late, Sarge!

(This ends my strategy advice for Sarge).
    There's always one in every bunch.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    JP was right when he said he wasn't outwitted or outplayed. There's absolutely no way that happened. He just happened to get thrown into a tribe of all men, and there happened to be 5 of the "older" guys to 4 of him and the "younger" crowd. Brook, JP, John, and Brady, sad to say, were all doomed from episode one.
    Basically, you're wrong. He was outwitted and outplayed. It was up to him to join the strongest alliance. Instead, he (and the other young guys) chose to go after Chris because he was physically weaker then them. Chris was smart enough to turn their strength (youth and strength) against them. Basically, Chris did a better job rallying support than JP did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Basically, you're wrong. He was outwitted and outplayed. It was up to him to join the strongest alliance. Instead, he (and the other young guys) chose to go after Chris because he was physically weaker then them. Chris was smart enough to turn their strength (youth and strength) against them. Basically, Chris did a better job rallying support than JP did.

I don't blame the older people one bit for getting rid of JP.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I think JP was out played.

Not in the same manner Dolly was, as I think JP had a decent strategy going in. However, Sarge completely out played him once he established his majority voting bloc, and JP could not extract himself the inevitable.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I give it one or 2 episodes more. But if Brady, JK, Julie, or Eliza goes I'm done. See ya. Sorry Survivor you'll have lost a loyal viewer. TAR6 is coming up soon and that is actually good TV so I'll look forward to that.

Man that felt GOOD to get that out! over!
    Why don't you watch "The Benefactor" instead. It is full of younger people and they are in control of the game!!! Other than that, there isn't much I can do -- I like S9 the way it is.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I liked JP, he was crafty but got some bad luck in that Sarge decided to keep Rory around, especially when you look at how they have performed in the challenges.
    If he was crafty he would have approached Rory about switching sides rather than Sarge. Sarge is the one who is playing craftily, he's keeping his alliance together.

+ Reply to Thread