+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Strobel - Survivor 6 Contestant

She still has a job

Ok, talked to a guy that lives in Eldon, MO about any trouble Heidi had with the school over her stripping for chocolate and peanut butter(makes you wonder what she would do for a lobster dinner... but I digress) Anyways, he said some parents did complain about it but the school board President said that was on her own time and it shouldn't reflect on her job. So she dodged a bullet in the bible belt!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I Love Monkey Island! lisalisagreen's Avatar
    Did anyone else notice Heidi making her self out to be a martyr on Thursday night. She was talking with Rob and she told him how she has done so many great things for people and that she would never screw them over and the whole time she was crying....

It was the biggest load of crap that I think I have ever heard yet!!!

FORT Fogey
    Her tears could have been genuine. After a month of pretty rough camping, Heidi's brain is even less fit to deal with that weasel Rob. His response to everything: It's a game. That must be pretty damn frushstrating (pronounced as Heidi would) to her. The really dumb part was Jenna's defense of her best friend. She sounded like a bad actress reading from an even worse script.

Originally posted by Modesty
    I'm guessing that's why she's wearing the buff over her hair - to cover up the dark roots...
    That makes complete sense. It would also explain why she has never worn the buff as a tube-top or a skirt :rolleyes even though she has talked about it.

I’m willing to bet good money that Heidi was a Rob/Christy not that long ago.

I doubt very much if people with great self-esteem undergo so much plastic surgery so early in life. When I look at Heidi, I see a young person who is trying to change everything about herself that she can: her breast-size, her teeth, her hair-color. Was there anything about herself that she liked?

I keep thinking that Heidi, more than Rob or Christy, was on the outside of the cool kids’ cliques in school, looking in and wanting desperately to be a part of it. This is evidenced by not only the physical changes she is making but also by her latching on, quite pathetically, to anyone who appears to her to be strong or popular: Jenna, Shawna, Dave, Alex. And then there’s her constant need to affirm that she is now finally cute – she doth protest too much for me to buy that she believes she is. There’s also the interesting lack of awareness of her physical posture and facial expressions. People like Jenna who have spent a lifetime preening in front of the mirror are very aware of how they look at all times – I doubt we’ll ever see Jenna with her tongue snaking around and out of her mouth.

I think this is why she is always whining about the lack of loyalty. She got the surgery, became one of the cool kids, and they still won’t love her! When Jenna tosses her aside, Heidi is going to be beyond bitter.

Or, maybe I’m completely wrong and Heidi will turn on Jenna b/c she doesn’t want to hang with anyone whose father isn’t “skinny and cool.”

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by sheela
    When I look at Heidi, I see a young person who is trying to change everything about herself that she can: her breast-size, her teeth, her hair-color. Was there anything about herself that she liked?
    I wore a retainer and I've changed my hair color too. I like myself plenty and I'll also state that I think my teeth look better after my braces. As for her breast job, it looks ridiculous because it's a bad breast job. Had Dr. Garth of Extreme Makeover done it, we wouldn't even notice it (them?).

I don't think not liking something about yourself (teeth), wanting a change for the heck of it (hair color) and thinking new boobs are the cure-all for self-esteem problems can all be lumped together.

FORT Fogey

Inside out

POSTED BY DD:
    I don't think not liking something about yourself (teeth), wanting a change for the heck of it (hair color) and thinking new boobs are the cure-all for self-esteem problems can all be lumped together.
    I think you both make valid points.

In Heidi's case, her low self-regard is made evident by the "deer in the headlights look" and tongue flicking as well as her hugeass smile everytime Zeta Queen Jenna calls her "gorgeous." She was the ugly duckling and deep down she still thinks she is.

On the other hand, if you are secure on the inside and feel that outside changes would enhance you but not radically change your life, then I say go for it.

This week's "Extreme Makeover" illustrates this very well. Melissa was the one who had a nice personality and enough confidence. She realized that improving her looks would be a definite advantage at her reunion and she was right. In David's case, his low self-esteem came from within. He didn't feel worthy of getting the right job after retiring from the service unless he changed his looks.

My apologies, DeepDish.

Thanks to your response, I went back and re-read my post. I can see where it sounds like I was bashing Heidi for the cosmetic changes. That wasn’t my intention.

In my next paragraph I tried to convey (obviously not very well) that all the cosmetic changes were just part of the picture, coupled with her behavior and attitude, which led to my concluding that she has been an “outsider” in the past.

I apologize in advance to anyone else who is offended by my previous post.

Re: Inside out

CaliGirl, thanks for saying what I meant to say but didn't. I agree with you completely.

I Love Monkey Island! lisalisagreen's Avatar
    Originally posted by Deep Dish
    Her tears could have been genuine.
    I am pretty sure that her tears were genuine, but she has not been the angel that she said she was.......

+ Reply to Thread