+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Strobel - Survivor 6 Contestant

Originally posted by Modesty
    I didn't talk about that at all fluff, and I don't question your point or opinion for a sec. I was only talking about "freedom of opinions" without anyone trying to convince you that you are "wrong".

I made the point to illustrate how annoyed people feel to be accused of something they have said time and again isn't true.
    I think that makes for a certain fraying of the temper.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    Originally posted by fluff
    I made the point to illustrate how annoyed people feel to be accused of something they have said time and again isn't true.
    I think that makes for a certain fraying of the temper.
    And I'm just saying that if jodaar thinks "Heidi is not a bad person", it should be OK . Read my post again... this is what started this (imo) silly discussion, and I think that after that there has been many misunderstandings.

I'd suggest that we all let this one go. Agree to disagree. Jodaar thinks Heidi is not a bad person, you think she is. Big deal! (I personally think she's a bad example and in a professional position where she shouldn't be, but that's neither here nor there.)

I agree Jodaar should be allowed to think that, I didn't say otherwise.
    I don't think Heidi is necessarily what I would call a "bad person", but simply one who has a seemingly distorted view of the world and who comes across as deeply unlikeable to me.
    I would certainly never try to convince him he is wrong, there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinion.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Frankly I could give a damn who likes Heidi. I don't accuse people who do like her of only liking her because they think she's attractive. And conversely, I won't sit by while my motives (and many others) for not liking her are questioned again and again -- whether there's a wink or not.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I agree BF, exactly the point I was tring to make.

Like her or don't like her, I couldn't give two hoots.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    Quite frankly, mine are "real -- and they are spectacular."
    Oh yeah, prove it

I said Heidi was not a bad person. I also said I didn't like her & she has issues. Also said her school will probably can her. I don't know why people think I like her. Heck, I don't even think other people should like her. I just don't think some of the cheap shots were called for, whatever a person's motivation (nobody is jealous, ok). I wasn't trying to start some crusade or something, just trying to correct misunderstandings.

BTW, any comments on how Heidi's playing the game?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    JR!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by jodaar

BTW, any comments on how Heidi's playing the game?
    I thought she had a good handle on the game early on.
    I felt she was playing very strategically and seemed to be one of the harder workers although that clearly tailed off a little as she herself admits.

I felt she made a bad move in voting with the guys, purely from the point of view that she really didn't have a firm commitment from Dave about voting beyond the merge, or from Butch and Roger about how they intended to vote should Tambaqui make another trip to TC.

I think she was fortunate that they won the IC, (although she more than did her part in that victory) as I feel she would have been the one to go whether Dave had stuck by his personal deal not to vote for her or not.

She is now in a reasonably good position as they prepare to merge in the next episode.
    She can reallign with Deena and Jenna, I feel certain they will still have Rob's vote and probably Matthews too.
    If Alex switches back to vote with Tambaqui and Christy votes with them too, Heidi could see herself as the target of their votes, but I think they'd probably more likely make a bid to oust either Rob or Matthew.

She could easily last a few more weeks as I feel the men will be too preoccupied with voting each other off to target the females just yet.
    It all basically hinges on how people decide to reallign after the merge.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think the cute girls left are Christy and Deena. I mean that seriously.

Christy has ALWAYS been a cute girl, that I have LIKED and Deena, while maybe not getting cuter each episode, is definitely getting more attractive in my opinion

So, now I LIKE the cute girls
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread