+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Strobel - Survivor 6 Contestant

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I hate to fuel the flames here, but maybe this is a simple misunderstanding.

Jodaar, maybe if you could explain exactly what this post was intended to mean, it would help.

"Pretty = Bad
    Ugly = Good

Ok, I get it now. "

I took that to mean that you feel people on this board dislike contestants because they are pretty and like contestants because they are not. If that is not what you are saying I am open to listening to what you are saying.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It means all the "pretty" girls are lumped together & despised here. The others are considered to be smart, charismatic & respectable. Maybe that's true, maybe not. But it does appear to be the popular opinion here. Not that people hate them because they're pretty. Just that all the "pretty" girls are loathed. I was just making a bad joke about that. Not the first joke in poor taste, epsecially in this thread. But for me to insinuate that posters are shallow & judge others based only on looks...that's what people think of me? I've asked only that people be judged individually with all factors considered. Repeatedly. I've also asked people to play nice, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Princess
    OK... I've been biting my tounge for a long time here now, but I can't any longer... (sorry). I had to go back and check why this "discussion" started at all. This was what I found:

Originally posted by lobeck
    You don't think Heidi's a bad person, Jodaar??? Come on! She brags about hot hot and how cute she is (when she is far from hot or cute), she insults the older women in the tribe by insinutating that they're jealous of her hotness, cuteness, and fabulousness. She says that the older women should do more work because "they have more fat reserves". She's not a bad person? You have GOT to be kidding me! She is a stuck-up, conceited, snotty little girl who sounds like she is permanently on helium and who thinks she's all that and a bag of chips because she has some big boobs (and the boob job wasn't even a good one!) on her thin frame, when, IMHO, she's not even one chip in that bag. :nono
    I'm going to quote John here - from earlier in this thread "It's possible to state a differing opinion without then going on to "slam" the other posters on this board. That's the line I don't want you to cross.". I think the post above actually crossed that line.
    What's the problem with jodaar not thinking that Heidi is "a bad person"? Why do you all feel the need to convince jodaar that he is wrong? It's hard to defend oneself from such a massive attack from mods and perhaps some things haven't come out as intended while jodaar has been trying to explain himself (which he really shouldn't have to do at all). Jodaar's posts have been full of and ... while the others have been full of etc. Why this hostility? Not very nice imo :nono.

NOTE: I'm NOT defending Heidi, but I think everyone should post according to what John said above. Heidi is fair game. Attacking others opinions is not, imo.

For the record, I pity Heidi. I would dislike her if she was being openly mean or rude to anyone on the show, but so far I haven't seen that. (Pls don't bother to tell me that I'm wrong about that, I would still pity her.) Admittedly she's saying really stupid things in the confessions (imo), but as long as she doesn't act on it, I can just pity her. And btw, I still think she's quite pretty in some of the pics (as jodaar said & fluff agreed with, she does look a bit like Geena Davis, except for her hair).

Originally posted by jodaar
    It means all the "pretty" girls are lumped together & despised here. The others are considered to be smart, charismatic & respectable. Maybe that's true, maybe not. But it does appear to be the popular opinion here. Not that people hate them because they're pretty. Just that all the "pretty" girls are loathed. I was just making a bad joke about that. Not the first joke in poor taste, epsecially in this thread. But for me to insinuate that posters are shallow & judge others based only on looks...that's what people think of me? I've asked only that people be judged individually with all factors considered. Repeatedly. I've also asked people to play nice, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
    I'm sorry Jodaar, but that comment really makes no sense to me.

Many people have posted their feelings of affection and respect for some of the very attrractive females that have taken part in Survivor in past seasons.
    All the pretty girls are clearly not loathed. Does anyone loath Elisabeth, Gina or Tanya? I strongly doubt it.

Certain females have become disliked this season because of their words and deeds, yet you continually state people don't like them because of their looks when it has been explained time and time again that that simply isn't the reason.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Modesty

What's the problem with jodaar not thinking that Heidi is "a bad person"? Why do you all feel the need to convince jodaar that he is wrong? It's hard to defend oneself from such a massive attack from mods and perhaps some things haven't come out as intended while jodaar has been trying to explain himself (which he really shouldn't have to do at all). Jodaar's posts have been full of and ... while the others have been full of etc. Why this hostility? Not very nice imo :nono.

I wouldn't characterise the posts here as a ":massive attack by he mods", although clearly you are free see it that way.
    The use of certainly, imo at least, in no way masks the clear insinuation that people here are making comments about people's behaviour from a position of being biased against them because of their looks.
    Many of us have made it clear time and time again in this thread that while we may not feel Heidi is particularly attractive, our feelings about her stem from the problem with have with comments she has made during the course of the show and not because of the way she looks.
    It is most tiring to make that point over and over again and basically have your word questioned on this issue.

The assurance has been made on many occasions that antagonistic feelings towards Heidi in particular have not be generated by her looks, yet those assurances are being continually challenged.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sorry I wasn't more clear fluff. I meant to say all the pretty girls from this season. You know, the Boobie Alliance. Obviuosly, "cute" girls in the past have been likeable. I've never argued that anyone didn't like Elisabeth, Colleen, Kim, etc. It's like we're all participating in two completely different discussions. I'm afraid people always seem to assume the worst whenever I say anything. Sorry I can't be more clear.

What particular reason would we have to LIKE the "cute girls" from this season? Every single one of them has been irksome in some manner, consistently. Even Shawna, for 3 episodes straight.

And as for why Roger isn't perceived to be as hated, it's because it was 4 episodes ago that he stopped being an ass. We haven't forgotten it, but it's not worth discussing for the moment, because he's no longer being an ass.

However, the "cute girls" who remain continue to be just as irksome, if not more so, than previous episodes.

Being cute and pissing me off are mutually exclusive. It just happens that the people pissing me off most this season have breasts and are supposedly "cute". Coincidence, if you ask me.

You seem to be drawing a totally different conclusion. And that's cool, but there's really no conspiracy against you personally - and on the same subject, you shouldn't find it necessary or honorable to tilt at windmills defending the honor of characters on a reality show.

Princess
    Originally posted by fluff
    It is most tiring to make that point over and over again and basically have your word questioned on this issue.
    I didn't talk about that at all fluff, and I don't question your word or opinion for a sec. I was only talking about "freedom of opinions" without anyone trying to convince you that you are "wrong".

JR.
    Break it down for us Jodaar, I'm trying to see your side.
    What are you seeing or not seeing from the "cute" girls that differs from the comments that have been made?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well I CAN be crystal clear (for the 100th time).

I can't help it if all the "cute" girls this season are completely unlikeable. I refuse to overlook their actions and personalities and not comment on them to "prove" that I am not jealous of them. And I refuse to sit by idly when it's insinuated otherwise.

Some of my very favorite Survivor players have been considered the "cute" ones of their season: Jenna (S1), Colleen (S1), Elisabeth (S2), Gina (S4).

I don't like Heidi, Jenna, and to a lesser extent, Shawna. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are "cute." And I can assure you that I am not jealous of any of them.

Jenna - unfortunately feeds the stereotype of a "sorority girl." And no, I'm not jealous she was in a sorority. In fact it's quite the opposite. I'm tired of being lumped into a group with people like her because I was in one.

Shawna - I'm very happy with my ability to be motivated by my own drive and not because a man is around. I'm very self-sufficient and have been through a hell of a lot worse things in my life than being on Survivor -- all without throwing a temper tantrum.

Heidi - I'm glad that I don't have anyone in my life that is as arrogant and lazy as you are. Keep your peroxide straw hair, I'm very happy with my healthy light brown. Same goes for your medically enhanced body parts. Quite frankly, mine are "real -- and they are spectacular."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread