+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Strobel - Survivor 6 Contestant

Hmm.

Consider my previous Survivor 'cute girl' favorites: Elisabeth, Jenna (S1), Kim P, Neleh, Gina, Tanya, etc. I liked all of these ladies because of their personalities and actions during the game. They were all great, and many of them were very good looking.

Consider Shawna, Jenna, and Heidi: They are not nearly as 'cute' as some of the aforementioned though they are a thousand times more arrogant, I don't like their personalities, nor do I like their actions in the game.

Is it that hard to understand?

Everyone is completely missing the point. Sorry. I'll never mention it agian.

The "cute" girl threads are long aren't they?

I imagine that is largely due to people being more than a little annoyed with the snotty comments the likes of Heidi has made.

Probably also partly due to people trying desperately to make Jodaar see that they are not making comments about these women because they're "cute", but rather because of the very ugly attitude they've displayed.

While you may not have come right out and said people are jealous of them Jodaar, your constant comments such as "pretty= bad, ugly = good" clearly insinuate just that.

I'm sorry, but the only person I can see missing the point here is you.
    "That's Numberwang!"

, Fluff.

If you don't like their attitudes, criticize their attitudes. If you don't like their comments, criticize their comments. If their looks aren't the issue, don't make them the issue. I'm only trying to be fair. I'd appreciate the same from others, though it seems like a lost cause. If that makes me a jerk, I can live with that.

ps - sorry for making the extra comment. I felt the need to defend myself.

When people themselves make their looks such a huge issue they open the door for criticism in return as far as I'm concerned.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree with everybody

Heidi's looks would not be such an issue and it wouldn't be fair to talk about them except that she herself brings them up... a lot.

On the other hand I would assume she has had plenty of people tell her they think she is pretty. It takes different folks. If only one thing was beautiful it would be a boring place, as everyone would look like me HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was a joke people

She has, in my opinion started to be less and less attractive as the show goes on, and only partly due to the elements and their affects (effects?) on her. It is her attitude that to me changed an ok looking woman into an ugly woman. Again, I feel like I can comment simply because SHE brings it up. I never found her attractive though, she is too thin in my opinion, and there is something I don't like about her eyes.

I have never heard Deena go on and on about her looks. She has, in my opinion, become more attractive each week. PLUS she has not done anything to stir up controversy. If she had her thread would have a bunch of posts too
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The fact is, the ugly part of Heidi's personality IS the fact that she places such a high value on appearance, and constantly points out how much BETTER hers is than others.

THAT is what I dislike about her. SHE is the one that proclaims to the world how cute she is and what a great body she has, so she has opened the door (insert legal term here) to my disputing that in addition to pointing out that she is a lazy, arrogant person that I would never associate with in real life.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by fluff
    The "cute" girl threads are long aren't they?

I imagine that is largely due to people being more than a little annoyed with the snotty comments the likes of Heidi has made.

Probably also partly due to people trying desperately to make Jodaar see that they are not making comments about these women because they're "cute", but rather because of the very ugly attitude they've displayed.

While you may not have come right out and said people are jealous of them Jodaar, your constant comments such as "pretty= bad, ugly = good" clearly insinuate just that.

I'm sorry, but the only person I can see missing the point here is you.
    Thank you, Fluff.

Jodaar, you haven't come out and said that anybody here is jealous of the BA, but you haven't had to come out and say it. When you say things like "pretty=bad; ugly=good", you don't have to spell it out. You are implying that if any of us here criticize one of the women you think is attractive, it is because we are jealous of them for some reason. Well, let me assure you of this...I am not, nor have I ever been, jealous of Heidi. If Heidi were playing the game like Elisabeth or Kim P., I'd be supporting her, but she isn't. Her personality is part of her whole "look", and her personality is extremely annoying, self-centered, conceited, and snotty. I'm assuming you are the only one who can't see that. Her looks become part of the issue when she herself makes them such by saying that the others are jealous of the BA because they so cute, have such hot bodies, are younger, etc. Heidi said that herself; therefore, she made looks an issue, not any one of us.

I give up, Jodaar. You champion the BA all you want and don't pay attention to their actions or anything other than their looks. I hope you enjoy the season.
    Last edited by lobeck; 03-23-2003 at 05:44 PM.

Lobeck, it would help if you actually read my posts. You really are out there on this one. I don't champion any BA (which is an offenseive term to begin with). I just want people to be fair & play nice. If you'd rather make crude jokes about people's personal appearance & suggest they are "loose", that makes you look even worse than the people you criticize. IMHO. It has nothing to do with pretty girls or ugly girls. I'm not the villain you want me to be. Sorry.
    Last edited by jodaar; 03-22-2003 at 08:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread