+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Heidi Strobel - Survivor 6 Contestant

I just can't see Heidi getting to the finals. I think she sealed her fate with the deal she made with Dave.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Bill.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree, too, but I don't think Deena's decision to align with Rob and Matthew is that much different. She could get burnt just as badly as Heidi now that the men have the 6-4 advantage.

I really hope, though, that the alliance she joined is a genuine one.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by jodaar
    Pretty = Bad
    Ugly = Good

Ok, I get it now.
    Oh, good grief, Jodaar...you're kidding, right? First of all, please tell me one thing (wait, let me be more specific...one natural, un-enhanced, un-altered thing) about Heidi that is pretty. Don't tell me you're going to be championing Heidi's cause now that your dear Shawna is gone? :nono

Look at the threads lobeck & fluff. Nobody has more hate-posts than the "cute girls". The other women are virtually criticism free. I'm stating an obvious fact, with numbers to back it up. Sorry if you disagree. Also, please read my posts. Once again, just for the record, I don't like Heidi. Please don't put words in my mouth or claim to know my motives. OK? Thanks.
    Last edited by jodaar; 03-22-2003 at 02:56 PM.

BTW, I like Dave as my favorite now. Feel free to start bashing him, I guess.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I will again have to state:
    conceited, arrogant, lazy = bad
    intelligent, self-sufficient, motivated = good

I can't help it if the "cute" (and I use that term loosely) girls have qualities that I find extremely unattractive.

And fyi...I'm guessing Joanna wasn't included in the "cute" grouping, but she took plenty of criticism early on. The fact is, all of the criticism is based on their actions. The reason you are meeting such an angered response is because the accusations are of jealousy and dislike of these contestants because they are cute...which is totally not the case and has been documented in many responses.

And for what it's worth...Rocket boy has been a fave of mine since show 1.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yeah, JoAnna's one of the "cute ones" I was referring to. She probably had the best body out there, according to most people here & herself.

I've never accused anybody of being jealous. Sorry if you feel that's what I'm about. It's not. But I don't think contestants are being judged based totally on their actions. Certain things are overlooked while others are blown out of proportion. Roger's stuff blew over quickly. All the fights in Jaburu were ignored or quickly forgiven. All the nasty comments are focused on one group of people. Am I the only one who sees this? Please explain why & I'll stop asking. Also, can we keep this light-hearted? I don't mean for any of this to sound mean or accusatory. I'm just giving my thoughts & opinions. Please don't take anything personally. OK?

BTW, I've liked Dave since show 1 too. Rob's really grown on me too as of late. Actually, I don't think there's anybody I dislike. But they're my favorites to watch.
    Last edited by jodaar; 03-22-2003 at 03:41 PM.

I like Dave, used to like Alex, though he didn't seem too upset to have watched Shawna leave TC, so perhaps he was never really off his game. Hard to say, as those things are definately editable.

Heidi is disappointing in that she seemed like some one to root for early on, but her cute comments and such turned me off. I think she made a poor tactical move aligning with the guys. I can see why she did it, but I feel that it kills her in the game.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Though I dislike her, I think Heidi's actually made some smart moves. Her offer from Dave might be legit, considering his comments from last week. Regardless, she'll be rejoining Jenna if there's a merge this week. Jenna seems to be tight with the Rob/Deena alliance, bringing Matt along for help. She's a liar, backstabber, possibly a cheat...but these are all good things in Survivor. I don't like her, but can't really question her gameplaying or intelligence. She seems to be in a position of power next week.

+ Reply to Thread