+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Von Ertfelda - Survivor 6 Contestant

I was disappointed that his single puck in the IC didn't land dead center on the X and just root itself there for the rest of the contest.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Me too.
    I rather have him pegged as the "King of all Survivor's" at the moment.
    I can't bear to think that he won't win everything and isn't absolutely on top of the game mentally too
    "That's Numberwang!"

I half expected it to stop magically a puck-height above the X, but dead over it. That way, no one could knock it away. He'd just sit there with his arms crossed, smirking at the futility of it. Ah, if precaps were real life.

Brilliant, John!

And I'm with you, Fluff. I won't be able to bear it if he doesn't win this thing.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by fluff
    I was surprised he went with Rob and the girls and voted out Christy.
    Such a low after the high of Alex going last week.

I'm hoping it's just because he thinks all the other three are so disagreeable he stands a better chance agaisnt them in the final two.
    Two reasons I can think of:

1. He deliberately wanted Christy in the jury sooner rather than later. His rationale would be the later Christy joined the jury, the more angry and and emotional she would be during the vote. This would increase the risk for that whoever she blames for her departure would get a severe tongue-lashing at the final vote. So he sends her a bit early to cut that risk - and if she does lash out, make Jenna, Heidi, and Rob her immediate targets. This is my favored scenario.

2. Fear of the Purple Rock. He doesn't want to do a Paschal (spelling?) and join the jury without any votes being cast against him. He also doesn't want to be left in the minority, so he joins the majority.

Or 3. Rob told him to.

But that would mean he's not a mastermind in charge of the entire game so that's just madness. Forget I said anything.

No one with Matt's life experiences can be this clueless. Whatever Rob says goes? I want to believe that Matt is playing Rob, but I just don't know.

OK I like Matt but, last night's vote.....

not sure if he is Rob's pawn or what. Guess we won't know til the end.

And I thought it was very sweet of him to give his reward to them and I do not believe Jenna OR Heidi OR Rob would have done the same.

Christy and Butch maybe.

I think his Mom should be proud of him.

Curious to read this entire thread but, no time.

I'd like to add though I do not think he's as crazy or dumb as he comes across at times
    I think he is acting.

I hope he is.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by Paulie
    But that would mean he's not a mastermind in charge of the entire game so that's just madness. Forget I said anything.
    Wash your mouth out with soap, Paulie!

Obviously Matthew controlled the IC, not only to make himself look less of a threat, but also to assure Jenna's getting immunity. He even broke one of her plates himself!

And then I noticed him staring very intently at Jenna's pucks while she was sliding them. That last one drifted a little farther and straighter than she seemed to throw it...
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Spegs! You crack me up. I'm going to have to rewind the tape and observe his intense gaze during the IC.

Great quote, BTW. Jack Handey, perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread