+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

Hi TimC, welcome to the site

I culdn't help but feel bad for her.
    I imagine there are many times in her daily life that she feels isolated like that.

I agree Voyager.
    They have been pretty one dimensional in her portrayal of her so far.
    I really hope we get to see more of what she can do for the tribe as the weeks go on.
    I think she could be a very valuable member of the team.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    Originally posted by voyager265
    She say's that she doesn't want being deaf to be an issue with her tribe but then when she is left standing by the fire alone..we are supposed to think her tribe is heartless (especially Heidi). Why didn't she speak up and ask what everyone was doing or just tag along with one of the groups.
    I think you answered your own question there voyager.
    She is - and probably rightfully so - afraid to come across as any different than the others, as it has often been proven "fatal" in this game. Her strategy might be to fly low under the radar?
    And as usual - yes, they always edit to accentuate certain behaviour, and put ppl in certain roles, what to do?

I agree Tim and

I really like her. She broke down in confessional, but seemed to be refraining from using it to get sympathy.

I was happiest for her that they DID win immunity, because now she's been granted some more time for them to see her as a person and not as the deaf girl. I'm positive she would have gotten booted had they gone to TC last night.

I hope she can earn their respect.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi

I'm positive she would have gotten booted had they gone to TC last night.
    Do you think so? I don't they'll vote her off first for fear of looking Politically Incorrect on national TV. They will probably vote her off second though. Unless something changes, b/c right now, the other women are treating her like an outsider.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I dont thinks he will last long, they may see it as not bonding within the tribe cause she cant read lips at night. Also if there is a challenge that has to do with being blind folded and relining on your hearing, there pretty much screwed.

Well, maybe she'll prove herself in other ways so that if/when they get to that sort of challenge she can be the one to sit out, since the women are not at a one-person advantage over the men.

I'd like to think the Producers wouldn't choose any challenges that would put Christy and her tribe at an even greater disadvantage.

As Lobes says though, she does have the option to site out either the reward or immunity challenge next week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Plus, her lip-reading abilities could actually help the women if they are ever in a situation where both tribes are together. She might be able to get scoop from Tambaqui without them even knowing it!

Yep, they could really make it work for them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think lip reading is a skill that is most succesful when someone looks at you when speaking, and you get to see the facial expressions that accompany the lips. I am not sure that "watching from the side and at a distance" lip reading is as easy as we might think.
    Last edited by Zaius; 02-14-2003 at 06:20 PM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread