+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

It would seem as though she won't be wearing a hearing aid.

I hope she does well.... even if she does like Julia
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

in that first pic, she reminds me of heather graham.

i think this should prove interesting.

Christy on the Early Show today, signing as she spoke. She spoke fairly clearly, but you could tell that she can't hear.

[IMG]images/user/es_s6_christy.jpg[/IMG]

LG.
    I hope she does well. She seems really sweet. And Jodaar, about Helen's recipes, As a practical matter being able to read lips can be an advantage in some situations, but is it enough to overcome her hearing impairment, we shall see. At least she can look away to avoid Jeff's stupid concentration breaking questions if she makes it to the final 3 endurance challenge.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

That'll definitely be a bonus LG.

The games are usually simple enough and while they are still in their tribes she will have people to assist her if necessary.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    Here is a full image:

Photo Courtesy of CBS
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

Another lover of Julia....**shudder** I'm utterly horrified! Might I add that Julia is the only actress on her list. Take it away...

I'll console myself with the fact that Julia looks nice sometimes, and that Christy has never had to endure that voice.

Defroster890
    i just have 1 thing to say.... she describes herself as succulent ? hmmmmmmmmmm

FORT Newbie
    Those pix up right now are all of Christy. Those who know her all are excited for her and confident of a good performance. It's just too bad only one person will win in the end, but I daresay even if she doesn't win, she'll give 'em all a good run for the money.

She and I were in college together, and boy, what fun it will be to finally watch a reality show where I actually know one of the contestants.

As for her deafness, hmm--I'm deaf myself, a signer (I don't speak)--Just want to let you all know that deafness varies from person to person, and really isn't a barrier in any way--it's the education, experiences, and values that a person possesses that makes him or her what they are. I hope nobody makes too big a deal out of the fact that she's deaf, except maybe just admire her for her sheer pluck in going out there and doing it. She's really too nice a person to compete cold-heartedly for the money, so there are other motivations at work in her, encouraging her to do something like this--you read she's gone with Outward Bound and done a bunch of other things in her life--those are what makes her who she is, not her deafness.

But since we ALL know she's deaf--I wonder--is she the first person to have an instant fan base? Can you tell me? I know that the news about Christy being on the show has spread like wildfire through the American deaf community. Endless emails and "Didja know?" Think it might cause a spike in ratings?

+ Reply to Thread