+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

First of all, I don't feel there was ANY excuse for Joanna's behaviour to Christy. And, the whole "talk to the hand" bit was not only rude but so very "that was hip YESTERDAY".

I think Christy handled Joanna's outburst rather well. And, I give Christy credit - this has got to be a really rough situation for her. I don't blame her for the dust up about the shelter. The girl wants a roof over her head at night! It does NOT take the entire tribe to keep the fire going and to gather water!!! The shelter should have been their first priority. They have kerosene lamps and a flint, for gosh sake. Everyone was laying around - did they all decide to rest at one time?

Christy is still my favorite of all the women - she's got guts, and isn't afraid to say what she thinks. Maybe not the best way to win at Survivor, but a good way to get through life.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

I think Christy handled it well too.
    Joanna is far too volatile for my liking.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Joanna is far too volatile for my liking.
    I said something about this under the Joanna thread, but I think there's something odd about the whole Joanna "going Mt. St. Helen" biz.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I thought Christy handled the blowup with Joanna reasonably well, she managed to stay relatively calm, although next to Joanna, anyone seems calm.

But I can't see her lasting very long. Her tribemates probably docked her major points after TC - she's far too honest for her own good. She's probably right - but being right doesn't matter much when Jeff's going to put someone's torch out.

Now you have two major boot targets: Christy and Joanna. Christy is too blunt and honest; Joanna seems to have a ferocious temper. I dunno who'll get the boot first.

I don't either.
    Christy is very frustrated with conditions at the moment, but her TC comments certainly riled Jenna as did her behaviour over the shelter.

It just doesn't pay to lose your cool in this game.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't really see Christy as being too "honest" since she seems to be a little confused about the facts at this point. She's definitely vocal about her opinions, whether they're right or wrong. But I don't think honesty is the right word for her. I'm sure there's a good word, I just can't think of it right now.

jodaar: the words I would use are convinced, or convicted (not in the legal sense, but in the strongly believing sense) or perhaps opinionated (although that could be applied to Joanna too).

Something that bothered me after rewatching the 2nd half of this week's episode... Christy was shown in confrontational/fighting type situations with Joanna ("the hand"), Deena (shelter discussions 1 and 2 -- admittedly not huge), and Jeanne (fishing -- again not big) yet she voted for Jenna.

Sure, Jenna was rude to her, and alienated her... but why not vote for Joanna? I have read that Janet indicated an attempt to form an alliance with Christy and Joanna, but that Joanna refused it, so that doesn't explain Christy's vote.

I think there is more to the tribal dynamic than meets the eye here.
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Click here

I think Christy voted for Jenna because Jenna hasn't spoken to her ONCE, PLUS Jenna was being bitchy to her at TC. Also, Janet had been nice to her - so Christy wouldn't vote for her. And, Joanna's wacko, but she's also strong and necessary right now.

I don't remember Christy being all that upset after her confrontation with Joanna. She was pretty calm in her comments to the camera. Some people with strong personalities can have confrontations and then just let everything go. Others hold grudges (Joanna is the type to hold grudges).

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I was really surprised that Christy didn't vote for Joanna. The hand thing was unforgivable. She would have drawn back a bloody stump had she tried that trick with me.

The JHF Haus
    Hello everyone. I have been reading comments and catching up with whats going on. First of all I want to point out that I'm deaf. Second of all I'm rooting for Christy.

Now. I dont know if your bored of "lessons" about the deaf. There are different levels in deafness

Hearing
    Severe Hearing
    High hard of hearing (HOH)
    Med HOH
    Low HOH
    High profound deaf
    Med Profound Deaf
    Low Profound Deaf
    Mute Deaf

Please dont tell me that I'm wrong. I've been doing researching. Now i"m in high profound deaf. I can hear with out hearing aids to a point. I lip read and speak very well.

I am not criticizing Christy but in my theory maybe she's having a hard time in Surivors cuz she is not socializing with the hearing culture out there enough? I mean if it was me in her shoes i would just mind my own business and be nice to everyone, help the tribe. At nights Christy would need to use the quiet time to rest and get energy in order to survive the next day while the other hearing people sit around and talk, or get parnoid at sounds. If there was a event that occured like a tiger attacking the tribe they would work together and wake Christy up then she will know when there is something happening. Christy should not let this get to her. It wont get to me because i have been out in the world long enough to know what I should do and not get fustrated.

Most Deafs are very perspective and alert. Thats our advantage. For instance if Christy was to go fishing she can spear a fish easily cuz shes focused.

I dont know her but my deaf cousin told me that shes a sorority sister of hers back at gallaudet.

I have seen her around at Gallaudet before.

BTW Gallaudet information is NOT useless facts =)

We Deaf depends on our guts. Let Christy follow her guts what she think is right via vote offs and others. As for interpreters I have no comments but that we'll find out at the end.

Also we are good at covering up our feelings in front of people.

Please feel free to ask questions and so on so forth. *smile*

~JHF ('')

+ Reply to Thread