+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

I think you're right Paulie about Christy being too emotional.

If she were a tad less paranoid, I think her attitude would improve. I can understand why she's frustrated. I can understand why she feels everyone is against her. But if she can even start to bond with even ONE person, I think she'll feel less ostricized.

I wonder if she assumed she was the next to leave, which is why she didn't want to help with the shelter and figured she had nothing left to lose. Maybe she'll see getting spared as a vote of confidence and start to lose that chip off her shoulder.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I hope so, Miss F.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

While her "I want to go fishing now" comment was childish and inappropriate, I think there is more to that than meets the eye. If we are to believe her comments at TC were reasonably accurate (reasonably as opposed to completely), then she has more or less been ostracized by the rest of her tribe.

Christy made an effort to communicate by (strongly) suggesting they work on a shelter. They more or less refuted her attempt. Then, when they felt it was time, they started dumping leaves at her feet, more or less ordering her to start working.

Of course, flexibility and compromise are essential keys to winning or even just getting by in Survivor. However, when compromise is a one-way street it is called a dictatorship.

I think if you look at how Christy feels she is being treated, how she believes the tribe has not made an effort to include her, and how their actions have been shown and spoken of through editing, then you can see that Christy isn't quite as over-emotional as it would appear. She's been out there for a week, with probably 20 words from the majority of her tribe (excluding the hand incident, and maybe one or two conversations with Jeanne and/or Deena) -- who wouldn't be frustrated?
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Click here

Factor in lack of sleep, lack of food, lack of men, and a bunch of hormonal women and I'm surprised more of them aren't emotional.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Excellent points, Howard. You are a very thoughtful poster.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Joanna was terribly rude...but I really don't like Christy's personality either....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I think Christy is very very strong. Came right out and spoke her mind at TC. Of course, that would, make life harder on camp after that.

I really dislike Joanna after the hand incident. That was downright rude. Added to the fact that I've never once seem Joanna smile. Christy took the incident very well, imo.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I agree.
    She seems like a very strong person.
    Not sure that speaking your mind always works on Survivor, but she seems determined to stay true to herself and I think it will do the other women some good to know that she feels she is being excluded.
    Might make them check their behaviour.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Christy was way off base on the shelter thing. The others had been chopping trees & took a break to rest & make some rope. They'd been outworking "little miss chip on her shoulder" all day. She'd been, what, collecting palm fronds? Whew! Slow down girl, you're only one person. That was just a totally uninformed & insulting accusation on her part. I'd say she deserved the negative reaction.

On the inclusion issue...I don't get it. Christy told them "I'm deaf, but treat me just like anybody else". That's exactly what they did. No special effort was made to include anybody else in any activities. So for Christy to demand special attention, it just contradicts everything she had told them before. I know things are hard for her, but she's not making them any easier for herself.

I thought the whole fight with Joanna was wrong. Joanna needs to understand that not everyone believes as she does and you don't jump down someones throat for voicing that. If Joanna was truly offended she needed to calmly talk to Christy about why and why she feels the way she does. As for the hand...I can't stand that. Very rude. Joanna wasn't acting Christian at all.

I hope Christy's attitude improves, though. I would like to hope it is the editing, but you never know. She needs to learn to hold her tongue and let it out in the confessionals...telling the other women that they are lazy is not good if you want to stay. I think the only reason she didn't get voted out was because the others knew that Janet was sick and wanted out.

+ Reply to Thread