Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Butch Lockley - Survivor 6 Contestant

Butch Lockley - Survivor 6 Contestant

[IMG]images/user/s6_butch_lockley.jpg[/IMG]
    Name: Butch Lockley
    Marital Status: Married
    Hometown: Olney, IL
    Luxury Item: School Banner

Born in St. Louis, Mo., Butch Lockley grew up in Dupo, Ill. As a youth, he participated in little league baseball, Boy Scouts, church activities and camping in Southern Illinois. He graduated in 1970 from Dupo High School and received an athletic award for having the most varsity letters through participation in cross country, basketball, and track. In 1974, Lockley received a Bachelor of Science degree from Greenville College in Illinois. With a career in education, he then served 19 years as a high school teacher, athletic director and coach. During that time, he also finished a marathon (which had been a personal goal of his). In 1994, he received a master's degree in education administration from Eastern Illinois University. He is currently a middle school principal and district transportation/building and grounds director. He recently held offices in the Illinois Principal's Association and the Illinois Basketball Association. He is an active member in the Olney Rotary Club.

Lockley enjoys hunting, water sports and walking. He describes himself as enthusiastic, ambitious and humorous. If he could hold any political office, he'd like to be a state congressman because he could influence laws and programs that would help his state grow and develop while maintaining contact with the local people. He is most proud of raising his three children. He is doing this because he loves competition, challenges and the outdoors and a chance to win some money. If he wins the $1 million, he's going to buy a 4-Wheel Drive Pick-Up truck.

Lockley currently resides in Olney, Ill., with his wife, Cindy, who is a counselor at his school. They have three children, Amanda, Joshua and Andrea, and a dog, Casper. His birth date is August 28, 1952.

Color: Blue
    Scents: Outdoor morning woods, pine, cinnamon
    Flowers: Rose
    Board Games: Checkers, Monopoly
    Video Games: Deer Hunter
    Sports to Play: Basketball, golf
    Sports Teams: St. Louis
    Outdoor Activities: Water sports, hunting, walking
    TV Shows: SURVIVOR, The West Wing
    Movies: Hoosiers; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; What About Bob?
    Actors: James Stewart, Denzel Washington, Bill Murray, Clint Eastwood
    Actresses: Julia Roberts
    Music: Soft rock, country-western, oldies
    Magazines: Outdoor magazines, Off Road
    Books/Authors: Biographies, historical, fictional westerns
    Cereals: Cinnamon Oat Crunch
    Fruits: Apple, orange
    Snack Foods: Potato chips, popcorn
    Cookies: Chocolate chip
    Candy Bars: Snickers
    Alcoholic Drinks: Beer, VO & 7 Up
    Non-Alcoholic: Ice tea, soda
    Last edited by John; 01-13-2003 at 10:39 AM.

"Butch" is a nickname. His real first name is Wilbur, but apparently no one calls him that. He was another early discovery by Sucks. He is 50 years of age, and is a School Administrator for the very small town of Olney, Illinois. He reportedly returned about 30 pounds lighter and tanned.

He doesn't look to be carrying a lot of extra weight from that picture so I would say 30 pounds is a pretty significant drop.
    He looks as though he would tan easily, plus he could pick up a tan at loser lodge or wherever they then send the non-jury boots to.

I think the weight loss is a god indication that he sticks around for a while.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Olney Illinois is famous for having a group, herd,colony or whatever you call it of white squirrels
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Yes, they are the home of white squirrels, you're right Ili. Good use of useless knowledge!

Olney, IL, is the loudest booster of all albino squirrel towns, titling itself Home of the White Squirrels. It scoffs at the other towns' albinos. "Most of theirs have dark eyes," they told us. The town conducts and promotes an annual white squirrel count, when locals scour the landscape inch by inch to determine population or migration trends.

Laws on the Olney books give the squirrels right-of-way on every street; residents are fined if they try leave town with one. Local police patches bear an outline of a bushy-tailed albino. Big Squirrel is watching you.

Wilbur.... I think I'll call him Wilbur... not a big fan of the name Butch

Picky again, but not diggin' his glasses Looks like a nice enough guy though
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    Hmmm don't like the way he looks.... something about his mouth. But I agree, if he lost 30lb he must have been around for a while...

Hmmmm, I don't really know what to make of him on second look.

I hope we don't have ourselves another Clay.
    "That's Numberwang!"

ewww, I sincerely hope not fluff... One Clay was quite enough to last a very long time.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

No kiddin'

Friendly's looking great in that pic
    Last edited by fluff; 01-11-2003 at 09:25 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast