+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Speaks On Vanuatu

Jeff Speaks On Vanuatu

Jeff said somebody is gonna get burned. This could mean game wise, but somehow I dont think so. *flashback to Mike Skupin* This is the Islands of Fire. What do you think?

Here is what the article (portion said)

"Somebody's gonna get burned," Jeff Probst says during a filming at Tribal Council for S9's "Islands of Fire" theme.
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

I'm reminded of The Assistant, when Andy Dick spoofed Tribal Council, and accidentally set the whole council area on fire when he was snuffing torches
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

LG.
    I am guessing he means figuratively, with the whole "fire is life" speech Jeff has given every season of Survivor. I doubt they would make an off-hand comment like this if someone was actually seriously burned during filming, as they took the Supkin injury very seriously on the show (as well they should have).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I dunno, it makes me think something actually does happen injury-wise and maybe they are playing it up because the first burn injury got so much replay? Maybe people would tune in to see who might get injured and take them out?

It just seems way too cheesy to use it figuratively with that tone of voice.

Maybe someone's rope will get burned that is holding them up and they will be out of the competition? I dunno. Must stop preanalyzing. It's a sickness.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Nah, I'm with LG. It's just a completely lame figure of speech that ties in with the location. Maybe they're hopeful that people will automatically draw the connection to the Michael Skupin incident. That episode remains the most watched non-premiere/non-finale show, if I'm not mistaken. But anyway, the way Jeff says it on the commercial is just too dorky to mean that somebody actually gets burned.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

JR.
    A sacrifice to the volcano gods? SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    A sacrifice to the volcano gods? SWEET!
    Sort of adds a whole new dimension to being the first one voted out, doesn't it?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I think it's cheesy but fun and fits into the theme. I think the theme will be successful, as both Amazon and Pearl Islands centered around a pretty good concept and drove some of the events of the game.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Maybe those voted off are cremated to avoid spoilers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Maybe those voted off are cremated to avoid spoilers.

Makes for a boring reunion show.....

Eh, oh well. Jeffy is enough for me
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast