+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Twila Tanner

FORT Newbie
    Okay, just a thought... I think we can all agree that the most dull season of Survivor was Survivor: Thailand. One of the main reasons for this was, in my opinion, because the older generation of one tribe stayed allied to a tee, and there was very little challenging of the ranks, making it easy for Brian to win.

Unfortunately, I do see the same possibility happening here. Sure, the young people generally make good eye-candy, and as I am 25 myself I can relate to them more, but with the exception of Richard Hatch and Rupert, the most entertainingly aggressive players have been younger (ie. Rob C, Rob M, Jon, Kelly, Saundra...). I think this is because the older generation just has more patience usually. They won't look five episodes down the road, not see their win (like Rob C. did), and suddenly switch sides. They're more likely to stick with what they have, and avoid plotting too much until the end is right in their face. This happened with the Taki alliance and Brian's alliance (forget the name). Let's be honest, Richard got pretty lucky (it seems we often forget that the deciding vote was Greg's, who simply asked Rich and Kelly to pick a number between one and ten), and that made Richard's win a hoot, plus the fact that it was new. But Survivor: Thailand...arg..Brian had it too easy. He got a solid alliance together and was the only one that made one on one alliances with everybody except the useless Jan, and everybody just went along with it to the point that Brian could just decide exactly how he wanted the game to end. I doubt Brian would have had simliar luck with a younger alliance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems the same trend is happening here so far. Hopefully, the tribal mix up wioll shake things up, but i get an awful feeling that the majority old will still stick with the old. Personally, as much as I like Amy and Chad, I'm really rooting for Brady, John K, Julie, and even Eliza, just to keep the show interesting.

I just liked the scene with her sharpening her machete.
    Scary, scary woman.

PS, Who do you see as being "Brian" in this series then?
    I don't think Scout or Lea have qite the hold they they appear to.
    Scout is still fragile. In a stressful situation, after a few bad losses, I could see people conspiring against her.
    And after the Merge, the guys might not be so protective of her.

Lea... he will step too far sooner or later. He is vocal and bossy... Rupertlike in that way.... eventually people will conspire against him. Rory to become his JFP?

Chris? Maybe he's the One. Right now using Lea to take the heat. Sort of a "Grima Wormtongue", to use a Lord of the Rings analogy. The quiet power behind the throne.
    Last edited by emjoi; 10-05-2004 at 07:53 PM.

Twila was awfully cute in her french braids. I'm so glad she followed Ami's advice. I think Twila is a swell gal and it's nice to see her jiving with the group. I know it isn't easy for her.
    If nothing else, there's applause.....like waves of love pouring over the footlights. - All about Eve

The bathing suit she wore was umm.. ewww! Why wouldn't she wear any shorts over it?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The bathing suit she wore was umm.. ewww! Why wouldn't she wear any shorts over it?
    some folks don't necessarily feel that it is their sole duty to please others. I've seen worse than alittle cottage cheese in my time. The tip of the iceberg, so to speak.
    If nothing else, there's applause.....like waves of love pouring over the footlights. - All about Eve

Nothing to do with pleasing others, IMO the bathing suit didn't look good FOR HER.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think when the merge happens, she will side with the men...I feel she is lost in the Yasur tribe, not relating very well with all the females...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyoats
    I think when the merge happens, she will side with the men...I feel she is lost in the Yasur tribe, not relating very well with all the females...

That statement about her relating better to men then with other women could certainly come back to haunt her. If she does intend to stay loyal to her alliance, she certainly needs to get that across to them. I'd hate to see one (or more) of them panic and turn on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    That statement about her relating better to men then with other women could certainly come back to haunt her. If she does intend to stay loyal to her alliance, she certainly needs to get that across to them. I'd hate to see one (or more) of them panic and turn on her.
    As some of you know, I also work at a "male" type job...there are 80 men....and me!
    So, based on my own experiance, I think Twila will be surprised to find that the men on the other team will probably NOT relate to her all that well. The guys she works with probably put her through hell until she proved she could handle her job, and it probably took quite some time after that before she actually fit in. Any men who were hired AFTER she was would also accept her because she was already on the job when they got there. She won't have that kind of time in a "Survivor" format, and unless some of the guys are blue collar workers who happen to have a "good ole gal" like Twila on their jobs, they will probably be intimidated by her or at least wonder what the hell is up with her. (Sort of the same way the prissy girls were taken aback by Twila) Just what I think, based on what I know to be true, and I don't think I come across quite as rough-and tough as Twila, at least I hope not!
    Of course I would love it if Twila somehow won this thing, although I don't think we can look for that to happen!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Okay, now I have an image of Twila getting her bikini line waxed.
    And I wish I didn't.

+ Reply to Thread