+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Twila Tanner

If Twila isn't a lesbian, then I'm Greta Garbo. I usually like the tough girls, like Mad Dog, Sue, and even Deena to a lesser degree, and I love Scout, but Twila just reminds me of a very redneck, angry, insensitive man who abuses his dog. It's about time Survivor had some open lesbians as contestants,except for Stephanie ( Thailand, I think ) who made it quite obvious by her bio that she was gay, there haven't been any open lesbians on Survivor until this one.

I think that's an unfair assessment of Twila.
    She did fit that cliche at the start, but I've seen more humanity in her as time goes by.
    She aint some cliche redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    If Twila isn't a lesbian, then I'm Greta Garbo. I usually like the tough girls, like Mad Dog, Sue, and even Deena to a lesser degree, and I love Scout, but Twila just reminds me of a very redneck, angry, insensitive man who abuses his dog. It's about time Survivor had some open lesbians as contestants,except for Stephanie ( Thailand, I think ) who made it quite obvious by her bio that she was gay, there haven't been any open lesbians on Survivor until this one.

:rolleyes

FORT Fan
    Twila went from 'nothing' to 'wow' in my books. I feel that the move to boot Leann was awesome, leading to finally some excitement in the show. She is finally playing the game.

Twila is much more cunning than she lets on. Her move to turn against Leann was a brilliant strategic move, putting the four who didn't stand a chance suddenly in power. It was so moving to see how happy she was to talk to and see her son. I started tearing up, I'll admit it. I wouldn't be surprised to see her win this whole thing now.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander

Wasn't Greta Garbo a lesbian? Or am I confusing her with another actress?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Geez...she was sure uncontrollable blubbery with her son. It was definitely sweet....but WOW! I actually found it funny after a while.

Her getting everyone on board about voting off Leann was superb!! Now she's a force to be reckoned with!!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

O.k, after yesterday's episode I'm liking Twila much more, especially her interaction with her son. I think Scout planned that move though, and was shrewd enough to have Twila execute it. LeeAnne and Ami's days were numbered when they revealed the pecking order and final four to Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    I think that's an unfair assessment of Twila.
    She did fit that cliche at the start, but I've seen more humanity in her as time goes by.
    She aint some cliche redneck.
    Totally agree with you. I'll bet she's not had an easy life and has had to fight and work hard for everything she's got, but I'd also bet she'd give you the shirt off her back. She doesn't suffer fools gladly, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a good trait to have. I'd like to go have a beer with her.

I don't fall for that old ' crusty but benign' cliche too allow for someone's bad behavior. Where there's smoke there's fire, and Twila is an inferno.

+ Reply to Thread