+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: John Kenney

FORT Fogey
    John was actually lucky to have lasted as long as he did- he had absolutely nothing to offer his tribe. They were so anxious to get rid of this guy, that they chose to allow the women a 6 to 4 advantage.

John targeted the wrong person this week, imo.
    He might have saved himself for at least one more week if he had suggested the guys target Julie and played up the idea of him becoming part of a male alliance.

Getting Chris to vote against Chad was always going to be a tall order.

Yup. If he had said "Target Julie" instead of Chad, he would have survived. Bad move. Bad judgement.

FORT Fan
    Smart move, has he survived, he could have gone far.
    If I'm not mistaken, the girl he "immuned" was Ami who is still in the game.

The girls are afraid that they were going to be voted out, and he is smart enough to approach them to make a deal to vote Chad out. But it's obvious that Julie went behind his back and told everyone about his plan, and he was voted out just like that.

To presvent that, the better way to get the girls to vote against Chad was to have Chris talk to the girls instead, the girls can get more assurance that way. Bad move he apporaches them personally.

I guess he had to try.
    Perhaps it's a sign of the skill of Chris that he seemed to John to be so trustworthy.

The balance between a short term move to survive the vote, or a longer term attempt to break up an alliance.

It was clear earlier that John was Chris' main target. He gave John a chance to put up a better victim, perhaps to show that he was "one of the guys" but....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by coolman
    The girls are afraid that they were going to be voted out, and he is smart enough to approach them to make a deal to vote Chad out. But it's obvious that Julie went behind his back and told everyone about his plan, and he was voted out just like that.
    That's not quite right. We saw Chad talking to Chris. Chad wanted Julie out, Chris wanted John out. So John goes to his buddie Chris and tries to hatch a plan to get rid of Chad. Then John goes to the girls and tells them that he and Chris need help to get rid of Chad. He admits that Sarge isn't in on it. Undoubtedly, Chris later found the women and told them that he wasn't in on it, either and that they should all vote for John.

If John had went straight to the women and told them that one of them were next unless the three of them voted for Chad, he might have at least salvaged a tie vote. Taking the plan to Chris was just stupid.
    Last edited by Thonolan; 11-01-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Nothing like getting it a week after the fact, but here's an interview with John K. from TVGuide.com. Link here: http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/041104b.asp

Survivor: Vanuatu has not been a friendly environment for strapping young men. In fact, the Lopevi tribe has ousted their strongest male members at every opportunity. Male model John Kenney was the last of their hot-lookin' fellas to go unless husky Sarge is your type. Last week, John's tribemates booted the 22-year-old for slacking off work. Here, Kenney rings up TV Guide Online to (kinda sorta) defend his laid-back ways and discuss his odd profession.

TV Guide Online: Your job is listed as a mechanical bull operator. Huh? Do you ride them?
    John Kenney: No, I don't ride them. I don't even have that job anymore, I just put that as a joke. I do it, but it is not my primary job.

TVGO: What exactly does it entail just turning on the machine and letting people go?
    John: No. I go around and get people to ride. Once I get people to ride, I operate them. It is a good job. I just do that a couple nights a week for fun.

TVGO: So what is your main occupation?
    John: I've been modeling for the last five years.

TVGO: Think you'll get more modeling gigs because of Survivor?
    John: I'll probably get less gigs off the show.

TVGO: Really? Seems like the exposure would help.
    John: Not too many designers want a "Survivor" in their line.

TVGO: Were you unfairly portrayed as a slacker?
    John: Well... no. In that last episode, I knew I was going to get voted off, so I was totally slacking. I knew what was coming. Up to that moment, I was holding my own. It was just those last three days I knew I was going, so I didn't care.

TVGO: Wasn't that putting the nail in your own coffin? Your exit didn't look like a sure thing from where I was sitting.
    John: Of course not. They need to make the show somewhat interesting. I was the next target from the moment the teams got split.

TVGO: Why were all the cute guys targeted in the first place?
    John: Numbers. More of them. I was blindsided. Bubba had originally said he was going to be voting with us. So did Sarge. Even when the teams mixed up a little bit, [Lopevi] was still all the guys who wanted to vote me off and two girls. So I was still outnumbered.

TVGO: Would you have had an easier time in a coed tribe?
    John: Incredibly easier. [It wasn't] only an age thing, it was an experience and education thing. The women had older women who are very intellectual and intelligent. Like Scout is amazing, and there were so many interesting people on that [Yasur] team. For us, the guys just happened to be guys that weren't the wittiest. I mean, it would hurt to have a conversation with some of them, like Sarge. It was ridiculous. He'd talk all day long about nothing. It was awful.

TVGO: Would you do anything like this again?
    John: Hell, yeah. Why not?

TVGO: Before Survivor, what was the craziest thing you'd ever done?
    John: I lived in Paris, Korea, Italy and different states with absolutely no money. I moved to L.A. with $1000 and stayed in a hostel because I had no car. I just like to travel, so I kind of like to get up and go.

TVGO: In your audition tape, what made you stand out?
    John: I didn't do an audition tape. I'd never seen Survivor before. I didn't know who Jeff Probst was when he interviewed me.

TVGO: So how'd you get cast then?
    John: I was doing bull rides for a table full of casting directors for CBS. They liked the way I was schmoozing with them and they asked me to audition for a show the next day. I didn't really want to do it, but I did it anyway. It all worked out.

TVGO: Do you regret going on Survivor?
    John: No. I turned down another show they wanted me for because I didn't want to be on that show.

TVGO: Since you hadn't seen the show before, did you have any strategy going in?
    John: I met with Mark Burnett and everything, they told me I got it, and I was like, "Sweet." Then I bought the first season and watched that. It is the only one I've ever seen.

JR.
    TVGO: In your audition tape, what made you stand out?
    John: I didn't do an audition tape. I'd never seen Survivor before. I didn't know who Jeff Probst was when he interviewed me.

TVGO: So how'd you get cast then?
    John: I was doing bull rides for a table full of casting directors for CBS. They liked the way I was schmoozing with them and they asked me to audition for a show the next day. I didn't really want to do it, but I did it anyway. It all worked out.
    I really hate this.

Leo
    Premium Member

Why bother submitting a tape? Just find a casting director to schmooze with!

That really is so irritating and CBS seem to do it with their reality shows more than other networks.

I don't believe he'd never seen the show or heard of Jeff though.

+ Reply to Thread