+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What did you think of KATHY?

What did you think of KATHY?

Where do you start with Kathy?

She went from manic and unlikeable to manic and likeable.

She was so emotional to begin with and was clearly driving a wedge between herself and the rest of the tribe.

She's a strong woman though and went on to become my favourite contestant of S4 and one of my favourites of any survivor series.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't think she'd make it out of the first episode or even the merge. When she pulled the overly dramatic "gather 'round and praise me for my shell-gathering" thing, I thought she was done. But give her credit. She recognized her weaknesses and adjusted her play midstream. By the end, she was the only one I wanted to win. Why she suddenly had a concern about how her chest looked and blew the challenge to adjust her shirt, I will never know. Still bothers me that V stabbed her in the back.

BTW, Fluff, this is a great way to ratchet up those post totals. It's just like having a conversation with you, only I get another post every time I open my mouth.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

BTW, Fluff, this is a great way to ratchet up those post totals. It's just like having a conversation with you, only I get another post every time I open my mouth.

I always think that a new season approaching is the perfect time to reflect on the past season.
    The post total increase is a bonus

I agree, I wanted Kathy gone after the first episode, she was the natural choice for the boot if Rotu had lost a challenge.
    She recognised her annoying behaviour and took steps to correct it and became the natural choice for most deserving winner.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think the arrival of her son ruined her chances to win the game. She had exactly the right idea in rounding up the General and maybe even Sean to go after the Neleh-Paschal duo. But when she bounced it off Junior, he told her he didn't like who she was in the game. Bringing in an external influence like that has to be completely disruptive to the focus required to carry the game through to the end. She adjusted reasonably well, but she frittered away her advantage of being the power player/swing vote in the small group at the end.

Her on-the-fly recovery at the F4 Tribal Council to stay in the game was masterful, but it set the stage for the same type of negotiation between V and Neleh on the stumps in the final Immunity Challenge. The final irony in her wild story arc was that she was ultimately done in by a strategy that she herself had employed and which others may not have thought to do without her ingenuity.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread