+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did S5 Disappoint You?

I've only been slightly disappointed, but the good overrules the bad this season, in my opinion.

The SJ pagonging was too predictable, but as Miss F said, the "older" final 6, and Chuay Gahn's IC victories are/were great points to the show. I think it's a pretty good balance. Definitely beats S5, in my opinion.

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    but Brian would need to throw it in a discrete manner, like he just "slipped" and his hand fell off the idol or whatever, not an arrogant, I know either of you would pick me in the end so I'm going to eat a cheeseburger manner like when Rich threw the last IC in S1, or else Brian would tip his hand.
    Absolutely LG.
    He has managed to carry out his plan of playing it cool "Like Cool Hand Luke" pretty well so far.
    For me, the only blip was his comments about "the person getting voted off deserves to go" at the last TC.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    For the most part, I liked this season. Seeing the underdog Chuay Gahn's dominate the clearly superior Sook Jai's was a huge surprise. Back around ep 3, I doubt anyone thought the CG 5 would be around for much longer. I expected to see SJ Pagong CG (and they would have).

My favorite moments thus far.
    1. The merge that wasn't
    2. The family bug feed (That Jenny is one tough broad).
    3. The self destruction of Shii-Ann & subsequent desintegration of Sook Jai.
    4. Rob(b) choking the life out of Clay.
    5. Jan's alchohol induced antics.

Clearly the meek have inherited the Island.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I gotta take a contrarian view on this one. I think that Brian's deals with three people necessitate that he break his bond post Jan elimination (which I would estimate is this week).

If he continues to play ruthlessly, he will cut Helen first, then Ted. I gotta believe he likes his chances again Clay in the final.

Therefore he must NOT throw the final immunity challenge, as by then, the remaining players will see the deception, and may well feel they are all on their own. If I am Ted in a hypothetical final three immunity challenge, as soon as Brian throws it, I cut a deal with Clay to go to the finals.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    I partially agree with Bill.

From Brian's point of view, Helen & Ted are his biggest competition. Clay is the best person to have in the final two, and Jan is -- well, Jan is Jan.

Brian's Plan IMO - will be:
    1. Get Clay & Ted (& Jan?) to vote for Helen.
    2. Get Clay & Jan to vote for Ted.
    3. Take his chances that either he or Clay can beat Jan in final immunity
    4. Take his chances against Clay for the final vote.

This agrees with TDT f2 spoiler (which has undertimined validity), and would agree with his "I have a plan" comments to CC.

If I was in his position, that is what I would do.

This is how I see them finishing.

Brian - wins the million and takes CC to Feeejeeeee
    Clay - 2nd.
    Jan - 3rd.
    Ted - 4th.
    Helen - 5th.

Feel free to swap Helen & Ted in case she wins immunity.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Princess
    I agree Invi... that's what I would expect Brian's plan to be. Therefore I hope things turn out differently so that we'll get surprised! (But pleeeeaaaasse don't let Clay win!!)

I think you are on the right track Invisigoth.

Though with the million, he could get CC fully deloused...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Any of the ones left could win, and I wouldn't be as upset as VEE winning.
    The pagonging again was dissapointing, but I too thought it would be the Chewys Pagonged by the Sucks.
    Even though he has absolutely no redeeming value at all , it would be a hoot if Brian won just to see him have to answer over and over again about he and CC's previous screentime.

I haven't been disappointed that much. We were promised all new challenges which were not that exciting. Probably only the non-merge and the Bug-Fest.

I also thought that the pagoning would occur, but I didn't think that it would the CG's doing the pagoning.

The only person that would dissapoint me if he won would be Clay. All the others are okay, but I'd rather Brian win. He's outwitted everyone and not only that, all the CG's seem to worship the ground that he walks on.
    I know the game is not over yet, so his little Briana Kingdom can still come crashing down.

I agree with Invisigoth that Brian will try to take Clay to the final 2 in order to win the million dollars. I don't think there is one person in the jury that will give the vote to Clay.

I don't think Clay CAN win, but I think he's a lock for F2.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast