+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did S5 Disappoint You?

JR.
    Originally posted by fluff

A Clay or Brian win would be disappointing for me as I think the other Chuay's have all the information they need to see they are being "played" by Brian, ...
    That's only if they are able to figure out what Brian's doing. He's playing a good game, they're all buying his crap. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him win.

I don't think Clay stands a chance.

A Brian win would be disappointing in that it was predicted by so many so early on in the game. Certainly, his snake-oil salesman skills appear to be unmatched. If he wins, he'll definitely have earned it. I'll just have felt that the game unfolded in a predictable way.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Re: Did S5 Disappoint You?

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    This show has had all of that, and even though I'm in my late 20's, I like that the final 6 were all over the age of 30. Breaks the stereotype that all the old people are kicked out early.
    Old people over 30?

Someday you will learn otherwise Miss F!

I will not be disappointed if Brian wins. He has played the game better than any of them, with the possible exception of Jan if she turns out to be the master actress.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    Good grief am I old, I'm turning 32 in 2 weeks. :

Jan really could make this interesting if she has a couple moves up her sleeve. I'd laugh my head off and then tip my hat out of respect as I had her picked as my episode #2 bootee.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Re: Re: Did S5 Disappoint You?

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX

I will not be disappointed if Brian wins. He has played the game better than any of them, with the possible exception of Jan if she turns out to be the master actress.
    I don't dislike Brian so on that level him winning would not upset me. On the contrary I think he's a pretty cool guy.
    I think the reason a Brian victory would disappoint me is that it would mean the others never bothered to out up much of a fight.
    He's made pacts with Helen, Ted and Clay.
    I don't criticise him for that at all, but feel if the three of them spoke to each other and knew that they had each been made certian promises they would realise Brian had over-extended himself as far as alliances are concerned.
    He can't take Clay and Ted to the final two.
    "That's Numberwang!"

As for being old, I know what Miss F means.
    I think each show has had it's fair share of older peole reach the final stages though. Rich, Sue and Rudi from the original show then Rodger, Tina and Keith from S2.
    S3 saw Lex, Tom, Kim, Frank and Teresa reach the later stages and we had Kathy and Pappy make the final four in Marquesas.

I think it all depends on the type of person you are.
    I don't feel old at 33 but I know many people who are yonher than I am that seem like old fogeys.
    Kathy from S4 was in her mid to late forties and for me was the most vibrant and enthusiastic of all the Survivors on that series.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.

Re: Re: Re: Did S5 Disappoint You?

Originally posted by fluff

He can't take Clay and Ted to the final two.
    I think that if it came down to those 3, Brian might throw the challenge thinking that his agreement with them will hold up and whoever wins will take him along. While that is risky, he seems to think that he's a lot smarter than he really is.

LG, you aren't the only Clay fan, thats why I picked him to shadow. But he has,at least in editing, turned out to be lazy. Still would like to see him and Ted in final two.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Did S5 Disappoint You?

Originally posted by JR.
    I think that if it came down to those 3, Brian might throw the challenge thinking that his agreement with them will hold up and whoever wins will take him along. While that is risky, he seems to think that he's a lot smarter than he really is.
    I think that would prove an excellent plan JR.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    but Brian would need to throw it in a discrete manner, like he just "slipped" and his hand fell off the idol or whatever, not an arrogant, I know either of you would pick me in the end so I'm going to eat a cheeseburger manner like when Rich threw the last IC in S1, or else Brian would tip his hand.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast