+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Feelings on Survivor All Stars??

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Same for me, but only if Alicia, Amber, Rob M, Tom, Jenna L, and Kathy are the next people voted off, and that probably won't happen.
    Wait, don't you mean AREN'T? I assume you would because they are the people you're cheering for.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Yeah. That's what I meant. I'll fix it.

i too am in the "like" catagorey, but it is dropping, they really need to do something to shake things up some. much to much down time. but being the diehard fan that i am i will watch till the end.

Only here for Survivor... Faulkenham's Avatar
    While showering last night I think I had a personal prophecy revealed to me about ASS. Maybe it is so obvious that everyone will laugh at it, or maybe it's already been posted... anyways, so I was thinking about ASS and realized that this isn't about strong players and UTR players and friendships at all. They all know each other, they have all hung out at post Survivor parties and will continue to hang out at Survivor parties. This is all about bragging rights. It has completely come down to, "I got farther than you did". That, IMO, is a perfect explanation of why Dicky Hatch and Rob C. and Colby have all been voted off before the merge. They want to be able to make fun of them afterwards, teasing them that they didn't even make the jury. I really think this has all come down to a battle of "I got farther than you". They are all acting like elementary school kids. Sad, but will I stop watching? Not a chance in heck.
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - JFK

Like many others I have bitches about the cast (where's Brian who is the only player to pretty much control the game from beginning to end) and about the egg-shell approches and bitter memories of some of the players but all in all I think it's finally reached the interesting stage. I disagree that Hatch and Colby were voted out by petulence- both were booted by players who swung the votes to eliminate someone they didn't think they could control later and both CLEARLY had wanting to win the million as their motivation to do so. The key to this game now is can Rob prevent Lex and Kathy from poaching his underlings post-merge, I'm betting the answer is no and his days are numbered.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

I think it's still interesting.
    Not to the extent of S7, but it's back on track now.
    Watching every single player on Mogo Mogo confess "I have a Cunning Plan" is amusing. A tribe full to the brim of Conspirators that will rip itself apart.

A perfect tribe for Ethan to be on... the only person in the place not trying to backstab anyone. He and Kathy will be the only survivors.

The Tribe of Evil Geniuses getting stomped by the Happy Dopes. Fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulkenham
    This is all about bragging rights. It has completely come down to, "I got farther than you did".
    Excellent point!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I personally only watched the very first Survivor and am currently watching AS Survivor, but I can agree with everyone that it's not that exciting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

There was always a risk that the show would be a dud and so far I tihnk it is.

I agree with Faulkenham, it does appear to be all about braggin rights.

It disappoints me that the likes of Amber and Jenna look as if they will be going further in the game at this point than someone like Lex as I believe neither of them are fit to be included in an all-star series.
    I was not impressed by the cast before the show started, the fact that it was obvious previous winners would be targeted, as would physically or strategically strong players. That immediately seems to leave the way open for the weak to prevail.
    The fact that the Chapera seem at this point unable to formulate a strategy between them that targets the obvious alliance of Rob and Amber shows me that these people have learned nothing.

I tihnk the series still has the potential to be interesting and hope it happens.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Only here for Survivor... Faulkenham's Avatar
    Paulie and Fluff both agreed with me? I'm calling it a day, time to go home, it can't really get any better than this.
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - JFK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456