+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feelings on Survivor All Stars??

FORT Fogey
    So it appears pretty unanimous - this All Stars stuff pretty much sucks. I think it's true that it's only going to get worse when players like Richard and Colby are voted out, leaving us with Jerri, Jenna and worst of all - Amber! I hate it when a player has to go to someone else and say "who are we voting out tonight?" like they don't have a brain in their head (jerri) and they think the game is a team game all the way through. Even Kathy is bugging me this time. And Boston Rob, who thinks he's got this game in the bag and all the players in his pocket (and we all know, between Amber's and Rob's hands, there ain't enough room in his pocket for anything else...) is the one power-player-wanna-be who should be kicked out soon...

Geez, I was feeling bad about thinking about not watching anymore, but I think I'll wait until the eye candy Ethan is gone, then I'll stop watching...

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    This is an All-Star? They're not playing like it is.
    I so totally agree with you plus in my humble opinion it is NOT an allstar game. Some of those people did not even make it to the jury (Shii Ann??) How can they call it an all star when they have people on like that? To me a true all star game would have been maybe the top 4 players in each season or even the top 3. This is NOT an all star game regardless of what they are trying to force feed down our throats LOL JMHO
    Tons of Free Screen Shots for Survivor Allstars
    http://www.bafletcher.com
    Stop by and visit our forum also
    Usually over 200 shots per episode

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love it. I think it could have been much better for 2 very good reasons...

1. Quitters. While Jenna did what was best for Jenna, I can't believe Sue was allowed to quit. Like dfleming said, you take away 2 tribal councils and you take life right out of the show. That's happened twice.

2. Casting. OMG, what were they thinking. Amber? Jenna M? You've GOT to be kidding me. I think there could have been some better choices.

Aside from that, I love knowing the cast before they hit the island. I love seeing people reunited like Tom, Ethan and Lex. I loved everyone looking around at the first meeting of the tribes to see who else was there. I loved it. Some people have stepped up their game play, (Rob M, Lex and Kathy), while some people thought they were bulletproof, (Colby). Even someone like Ethan, is walking around like a target, something he didn't really worry about in Africa.

I still think it's brilliant. I absolutely love Survivor and I'm looking forward to the merge, as I always do. I'm confident that it will get much better very soon.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Count me in the "like it" category. Sure, there are always some things to bitch about with EVERY season. However, I really like this season, and I really think the editors have stepped up and have done a really good job this season. The past couple of TC's I have not had any idea who was going to get voted out!

The quitting is the only thing that has bothered me, because they have eliminated two ICs and TCs. I kinda had a problem with last weeks RC/IC all in one thing too, simply because there was only one challenge for the episode. I like watching the challenges!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I like the challenges to, Quitters aside, I like the show and will watch to the end, no matter what, I swear.

FORT Fan
    I wish the playing field had been more level. The great players have been punished for their past great performances.

I'm in the "enjoying it" group, too. I just wish the "All-Stars" would play a more subtle and elegant strategic game. I think that's what Richard wanted, too, if you listen to his post-boot interview on Survivor Insider. RobC would've been interested in that, as well.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I like the challenges to, Quitters aside, I like the show and will watch to the end, no matter what, I swear.
    Me too, though I will suffer fits of agony when Ethan is voted out. Please, please make the jury, Ethan, so we can at least see you each week.

Namaste.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    Me too, though I will suffer fits of agony when Ethan is voted out. Please, please make the jury, Ethan, so we can at least see you each week.
    Suxie, all you have to do is ask me, I lost Colby so I can tell you exactly how agonizing it is to lose a favorite for the first time before the jury. And if I lose Ethan too I'll be a real mess...then All Stars will plummet to the bottom of my favorite season list, MAYBE above Thailand, but definitely below Africa.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    All Stars will plummet to the bottom of my favorite season list, MAYBE above Thailand, but definitely below Africa.
    Same for me, but only if Alicia, Amber, Rob M, Tom, Jenna L, and Kathy aren't the next people voted off, and that probably won't happen.
    Last edited by SurvivorGirl; 03-15-2004 at 07:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast