+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 6 Recap "Crazy Like A Hawk".

“This is not his first rodeo”, says Ethan (I think) with a knowing smile.
    I'm sorry, but that line implied to me that Ethan and Lex are much closer than you women would like. (No, I'm not serious)

Kathy baskets her item and runs back to her tribe and straight into the waiting, strong, muscular arms of Ethan. She is by far classier than the other Survivor contestant he has recently had his hands on.

Sorry I am late and others have already quoted this delicious part of the recap.....but any reference to the strong, muscular arms of Ethan just drives me wild. And lucky Kathy and the other contestants he has had his hands on...girls, count yourselves fortunate.

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Dear Extreme Makeover,

I have an unusual request, which I think will make for an interesting show.

It is essential that I receive major cosmetic surgery to turn me into a shish kebab as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Love
    fluff.
    I hope it works for you, Fluff. You deserve it after having to recap that episode.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

JR.
    “I want to rub my face in it”, he confesses, “I want to sleep next to it”.
    I thought you might get a little woozy hearing him say that

Great job on such a crap episode Fluff.

According to Sue, snails have a designated rock to cling to and she alone has cracked their communication code.

Shamelessly throwing yourself at a man Jerri? How unlike you.

With computer graphics being as advanced as they are nowadays, MB could probably have had a tiny straightjacket drawn on her.

Amber celebrates with the kind of shoulder dance that produces embarrassed cries of “Motherrrrr!!!!” when your mom busts a move while chaperoning your 6th grade after school disco.

Is Tom trying to say he rigged up a seesaw to practice propelling goats into his top paddock in case All Star became more than just one crazy farm boy’s pipe dream? Probably.

Tom accompanies the song with one of his fleas in my butt crack dances.
    He finishes with a “Superstah” lunge, before calling out and forming an “S U E”. Thank heavens Alicia didn’t quit. I would hate to have to sit by while Tom struggled to contort his body into an “A L L E E S H U H”.
    Lots of funny stuff, but the Extreme Makeover letter was the best.

Fluff, you turned a boring episode into a brilliant recap.

Maybe there's a market for a perfume that smells like a good Steak.

Hey, it'd work on me.

She picks up her buff, where she has been storing her snails, only to see them fall out of the bottom, what with the buff being a tube and all.

Indeed, Sue, winners schminners. Bring back Ghandia, Mitchell and Debb I say.
    She vows to give hugs to each of the Mogo’s if they have voted off Rich.

“Being in Survivor makes your mind do crazy things”, claims Amber in a confessional Burnett will likely ask to be bought into evidence as defense exhibit 20 or so from this show.

Correct Amber. If you’re ever confronted by a naked guy on a balance beam in “real life”, you can generally just laugh it off.

It’s time to hear some male opinions of the situation though.
    Rupert feels she could have handled the situation better, but as I feel he could have built the shelter better, I say his testimony should be stricken. Rob thinks you can’t screw around in a situation like this, much to Amber’s disappointment and Tom cannot empathize because he’s “not that woman”. It’s rather disturbing to think of Tom being any woman in my opinion.

“I miss all the fish Hatch was catching”, comments Shii Ann, while looking completely unlikely to attempt to snag any herself.

He does casually throw an arm round her shoulder, but is careful to maintain clear daylight between their bodies.

Canned meat is to real meat as a “Swanson Hungry Man” dinner is to feeding a genuinely hungry man.

Amber celebrates with the kind of shoulder dance that produces embarrassed cries of “Motherrrrr!!!!” when your mom busts a move while chaperoning your 6th grade after school disco.

I am now of the belief that the only issue that has stopped them ‘doing it” is the mutual lack of a sense of direction.

Kathy baskets her item and runs back to her tribe and straight into the waiting, strong, muscular arms of Ethan. She is by far classier than the other Survivor contestant he has recently had his hands on.
    Ok, I just upset myself, I need a moment.

After the break, we join the Mogo’s cooking the kebabs over the fire.
    Lex mentions Ethan’s meat. I faint.

It is essential that I receive major cosmetic surgery to turn me into a shish kebab as soon as possible.

Love
    fluff.[/I]
    Fluff!!! These are sooo damn good!! Your sarcasm is making me

I don't know how you keep it so fresh and zesty every week...but kudos!!

All the Ethan jokes just have me rollin' You want to be turned into a shish kebab?

Another fantastic recap.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    Unfortunately it appears, that after their stint in Australia, Jerri learned more from Amber than Amber did from Jerri.

“Colby is the new Richard Hatch now”, claims Jerri.
    Cool, get ‘em off cowboy.

If you decide to ponder this question, then feel free to stop thinking about the Steve Guttenberg one.
    You’ll thank me for these petty diversions. They really do take your mind off the show.

Sue thinks the winners don’t deserve to be in the game.
    That’s logical isn’t it?
    People who won the game have no right to be in an All Star version of the show.
    Indeed, Sue, winners schminners. Bring back Ghandia, Mitchell and Debb I say.

Tom cannot empathize because he’s “not that woman”. It’s rather disturbing to think of Tom being any woman in my opinion.

He decides to take Ethan with him on an expedition, and frankly why wouldn’t you?
    Even if you don’t catch any fish you still have something real pretty to look at.

Shamelessly throwing yourself at a man Jerri? How unlike you.

“I wanted to the decision the seal of approval”, she confesses, “but I never really understood why a decision was good simply because a seal said so.”

With computer graphics being as advanced as they are nowadays, MB could probably have had a tiny straightjacket drawn on her.

Remember when Ethan and Lex went to Wamba during S3?
    Ethan was playing hackey sack with the little village kids and when he left he let them keep the toy.
    Only the soulless failed to fall in love with Ethan at that moment.
    Well, this is the S8 version of the challenge he won in order to get that reward, i.e. “The Seesaw”.

Ok, I just upset myself, I need a moment.

“I want to rub my face in it”, he confesses, “I want to sleep next to it”.

Dear Extreme Makeover,

I have an unusual request, which I think will make for an interesting show.

Love
    fluff.
    This episode SUCKED beyond belief, but you made it entertaining. Great job, and that last comment about wanting to be turned into a shish kabob was hilarious! I laughed SO hard! That was insane. Best one yet.

Ethan just CAN'T go, I would miss all the comments...almost as much as I would miss him

The latest episode gave us all more of a look at the day-to-day humdrum between challenges that usually gets edited out, but committed to tape nonetheless.

I was wondering, since there have been three quitters in the last two Survivors (Pearl Isles and All-Stars), what do they do with the props built for the challenges and then not played?

With Osten, the quitting happened at TC, so it was interesting the way that played out.

With Jenna M., they left the props untouched as we watched Jenna being whisked off the island.

With Sue, Jeff gave the opportunity to foresake the challenge in favor of some group therapy. Fortunately, only Sue was in need of therapy, and she was already on the "quitter craft".

I assume Jeff has an earpiece and the directors are telling him to give the choice of playing the challenge or sitting in a circle and talking.

I mean, think of the preparation that goes into fabricating each challenge:
    1. plans are drawn up;
    2. land is cleared on the island;
    3. supplies are brought in and constructed;
    4. props are tested and actors are filmed portraying the key parts which are shown while Jeff explains the rules of each game;
    5. Helicopter and crane shots are taken of the elaborate set.

That's a lot of production expense and trouble to go through -- it's a shame NOT to use it after all of that. So far, only the challenge built when Jenna quit was not used. Maybe they're saving it up for a later challenge on All-Stars.

Leo
    Premium Member
    My understanding is that the challenge built for when Jenna quit was used - an episode later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast