+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor All Star: Pelican Pete Report (2/1) - Game On!

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    thanks for taking the time to do this. it's awesome

Great job, Bill. I especially wanted to read your insights on what the heck Richard was doing, and you didn't disappoint.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Thanks for the Pelican Pete Report. I've enjoyed all your reports, and decided to sign up just to say thanks!
    Lovin' Lex

Yay, the P* Reports are back! As always, excellent insights and superb writing, Bill. I love to hear your thoughts on the political machinations of the game. My wife and I arrived at a similar evaluation of Richard's behavior in the game, BTW, but I think there's another layer to it. He even told us it doesn't matter what he does because he's going to be a big target. But if he acts indifferent, he's likely to agitate them even more. He doesn't appear worried in the least. I think he expects to take everyone else out of their mental game, which will give him a chance to capitalize on their mistakes.

I loved this line, BTW:

I donít care if Sue has swallowed axel grease with a rusty spoon

Looking forward to a full season of these. Thanks, Bill!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Khay
    Thanks for the Pelican Pete Report. I've enjoyed all your reports, and decided to sign up just to say thanks!
    Khay! We hope you stay a long time.

Oh, and Paulie, I agree with what you say. Richard may have multiple views of what his behavior is doing. No question he is doing it on purpose.

I also wanted to add for all that the Tina interview highlighted that lack of water may be really getting to Rupert physically. That could explain him being a bit reserved.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill!
    Great, great report, especially now that they're named after the great Pelican Pete!
    I agree with you on almost everything, most of all about Rob C. I'm still stunned that he's "quiet."
    This season is going to be excellent.

RobC is like Richard in that he doesn't have to do anything to be a target. Being quiet won't make people forget he's a stellar player. He is very much in danger of being voted out early, as Bill indicated. I hope not, though. I'd really love to see him win the thing.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    RobC is like Richard in that he doesn't have to do anything to be a target. Being quiet won't make people forget he's a stellar player.

I think it is wrong for Rob to change his approach. His best skill (though he looks to be in a lot better shape this time around) is playing the game. He maybe laying low to look for openings, but he is going to be in trouble if he doesn't align with some people soon.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Rob C. really has no choice but to be quiet. Sue is the clear target, and Rahb and Alicia are busy fighting. The last thing he wants is to have to pick sides. He doesn't pick sides. He lets the sides pick themselves then he goes between them and helps them vote each other off while he floats unscathed to the end.

Even if he wasn't or hadn't been quiet, we wouldn't have seen it yet with Rahb and Alicia, anyway.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanpete
    Whoíd of thought it possible to build a tribe where Rob C. is the quiet one? I am still shaking my head.
    So True.
    Great analysis Bill.
    I'm scratching my head on Richard's antics too, but that has to be it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast