+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions and Thoughts Going In

Opinions and Thoughts Going In

So, All Star Survivor starts in 4 days, and I was curious as to everyones opinions and thoughts going into it. Is this going to be the "best Survivor ever"?? With 3 tribes starting off, instead of 2, is the gameplay going to be that much different than during a "normal" season?? Is this going to change the game going forward?? (i.e. is MB going to be having 3 tribes from now on?) Is there going to be a pirate theme again, since the location is the same?

I think this will be the best Survivor yet. Everyone has played the game before, so there wont be any players that just dont get it. And those that were very deceitful before, are going to have to either be even moreso, or come up with a different plan.

Hopefully, the 3 tribe scheme is just to shake things up for these players that have all played the game before. I don't think they should keep it that way going forward. However, I might change my mind after I see how it all works out. It could be a cool change to the game.

So, what does everyone else think??
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    It'll be great. No idea how the 3-tribe dynamic will work.

If someone comes back who has been voted off, I'll scream. Or something.

I hope the SB doesn't go to overtime.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Only here for Survivor... Faulkenham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    I hope the SB doesn't go to overtime.-Randy
    I hadn't even thought of that, it would be HORRIBLE!! I think this is going to be the best Survivor ever just for the simple fact that we already know all the AS and we already have our favorites. No wasted episodes at the beggining when you don't really care who goes home. It will be interesting to see how they handle deciding which tribe goes to tribal council with three tribes this time. Can't wait for the SB to end.
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - JFK

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    It sounds like it will be pretty dramatic... I can't wait. I'm also going to try really hard to keep an open mind. I didn't like some of the people the first time, but if they act differently I may be willing to like them this time. The three tribes should be interesting. I want to know if two tribes will go to TC, or just one.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    So, All Star Survivor starts in 4 days, and I was curious as to everyones opinions and thoughts going into it. Is this going to be the "best Survivor ever"??
    I'm hopeful that it will be the best ever, but I'm going to reserve judgement. Then I have the chance of being delightfully surprised instead of disappointed. (My friends say that I'm a "pessimist", but I say that I'm a "realist". ) I'm concerned that some survivors will second guess "being themselves", and it will be boring. I'm looking forward to seeing if some of them learned from their prior mistakes, i.e. Kathy, Shii Ann, and Rupert. Rupert has the disadvantage in that department because he didn't see all of his episodes before filming this one.
    With 3 tribes starting off, instead of 2, is the gameplay going to be that much different than during a "normal" season??
    It is a great way to mess with their preconceived notions about the game and I'm looking forward to see how it plays out.
    Is this going to change the game going forward?? (i.e. is MB going to be having 3 tribes from now on?)
    Not necessarily so. MB has thrown in a surprise every season since S3, so who knows? With unknown contestants, it would be harder to "get to know" them if there were 18, especially the first few voted off. 16 is hard enough! (I can hardly remember Sonja, Debb, Diane, Peter, Pastor John, Amazon Ryan, and Nicole.)
    Is there going to be a pirate theme again, since the location is the same?
    The tribes have island names rather than pirate names, so probably not. JP indicated that everything would be familiar so I'm expecting to see recycled challenges, but with a new twist. There will probably be something "piratey" recycled from S7.

I have high hopes that this will be the best Survivor, but obviously some of our favourites might have to radically alter their game plans this time out.

So many people seem to have really bright targets painted on them already, all the previous winners for example.
    Colby and Lex will likely be targeted to go before the individual immunity stage and yet again I fear a season where the weaker players reach the latter stages because they are not seen as a threat.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm really excited about this series. I think the players are going to operate at such an intense level. I'm expecting unpredictability on the order of the mayhem that took place in the Amazon. As long as everyone plays the game hard, which I expect, it's going to be terrific. The three-tribe thing will be fascinating to watch. I love the long-term ramifications of starting out in three tribes. Tribal loyalty is meaningless in that situation, and I'm glad.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    ...and yet again I fear a season where the weaker players reach the latter stages because they are not seen as a threat.
    You'd think at some point the stronger players would get a clue and band together.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I think fluff hit it on the head. This season could favor an under the radar player again, as the big personalities go after each other.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast