+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Probst to host finale.

I used to like Rosie when she did her show, but I have really gone off her since she finished.
    I have not enjoyed any of her latest appearances on chat shows that I've seen.

I agree Miss F. I like it when Jiff takes the Survivors to task.

I think he probably feels like many of us that after 4 seasons the Survivors should know this game better.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rosie. Well, she's fake. She used to be a raunchy comedian that was best buds with Madonna. Then she became the Queen of Nice. Then she was a bitch to Tom Selleck because she disagreed with his political views (For the record, I am on the same side of the issue with Rosie, but disagree with how she treated her guest)

I just think she's very fake. If you can't be yourself and feel comfortable with that, then you don't get my respect.

And I think the greatest moment was when Jeff lashed out at the mallrats in S3 and basically called them stupid.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It's only right! I mean, he went to Thailand and hosted all of the other episodes. Why shouldn't he be able to host the last one? It's retarded that CBS lets some random person host the finale.

Yet again I find myself agreeing with you Miss F.
    I think Rosie's treatment of Tom Selleck was inexcusable.
    She totally ambushed the guy.
    I am on her side in this matter too, but she did her cause more harm that good by attacking him in that manner.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Probst is the best personfor the job. Should have always been this way.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Agreed, Feif.

I don't like Gumbel, or Rosie.

This is a nice change of pace.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    What commercial is that Wayner?
    You Miss F, I can't remember what it's for!

But I know that he shows up suddenly on sitting on the arm of some couple's couch and they are surprised to see him. He's wearing a short sleeved khaki shirt and shorts - a jungle look. He talks with them about some adventure and mentions yaks. Then he says "Yak meat's good eatin' (pauses and looks whistfully off in the distance) if you can catch one."

The way he delivers that line cracks me up!
    Last edited by Wayner; 11-27-2002 at 06:05 PM.

I'm not sure, but I think it's for a credit card/bank or something...Capital One, perhaps?

Not for Visa?

BTW - what did they even need that Visa for on their Elephant trip?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Brian id give the woman the card and she did swipe it through one of those old style embossing machines.

It was purely for show though and to make a little cash from Visa for the advertising.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast