+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 12 "The Tides are Turning"

The biggest problem Brian faces in cutting off one of Ted or Clay is that the timing is critical. He needs to ensure he has the votes lined up in secret prior to the TC, and to do so, he has to have Helen onboard.

The problem will be that perhaps that kind of manuevering by Brian will give Helen the final straw to see Jake's logic.

Or, there are many other possibilities, such as Brian manuevers, and gets caught, or perhaps Helen and Brian have had a secret alliance all along.

I am hoping that one of these possibilities comes to fruition, as that kind of end game playing could save this version of Survivor from going down as the worst yet.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I could go akong with the secret alliance theory, simply because I think it would be a good story.

I really feel as though Clay is confident enough in his position within the heirachy of the camp, as he sees it, to vocally challenge Jakes TC comments of last week. He feels he has the support of enough people to leave him in a favourable position anyway.

I am hoping that Clay getting the boot will be the start of the turning tide.
    Helen has gone against her first instinct before, in deciding to vote to boot Ghandia. I can see her being the person to initially break ranks and vote differently again.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree Fluff, and I think that no matter what outwardly loyal things are spoken by Helen, she clearly is playing the game for herself to win (as they all should be).

Plus, she is a little like Shii Ann in that she thinks that she is playing smart. At somepoint she has to breakout from under the cover of the CG alliance and try for the win. Her best shot at that is getting with Jake.

What is unspoken here is Jan's role. I've seen a lot of assumptions made that Jan is linked to Helen, but there is a lot of evidence that would say that Jan is really following Brian's instructions, so even if Helen breaks away now, she needs to find votes....and that means talking to Ted.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think Jan is influenced more by Brian than by Helen.
    She didn't hesitate to snuff Penny's remaining torch after Brian motioned for her to do so with his eyes.

She might also be loathe to trust Helen after she switched her vote to Ghandia leaving Jan as the clear next boot target ahd the CG's gone to tc again.
    "That's Numberwang!"

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I haven't figured out jan yet. she is flying under the radar very well. but helen should know how to look out for herself being in the military. no matter how they like to say it, they still think low of ladies in the military. helen will know how to play it out. I'd like to see jake and helen and ted in the final four as for the forth? who knows. need to pull a rabbit out of my hat to figure that one out. hate jan, brian doesn't need it and clay isn't as dumb as he loks or acts. just like Big Tom from S3

JR.
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX

What is unspoken here is Jan's role. I've seen a lot of assumptions made that Jan is linked to Helen, but there is a lot of evidence that would say that Jan is really following Brian's instructions
    I think Jan could be easily influenced by any of them...as long as they had beer.

"That's Numberwang!"

Plus, she is a little like Shii Ann in that she thinks that she is playing smart.
    The main difference is that Helen IS smart. Witness her 'dump Ghandia' move. Shii Ann? Not so much.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    "the tides are turning"?

no, it's "the tide is turning", roger waters. radio kaos

Clay and Helen both mentioned that it had been difficult to catch any seafood because the tide had been so hight for so many days.

The title could mean a) the tide finally lowers and b) the tide is metaphorically turning in that those who previously held power are suddenly vulnerable.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast