Place: Sole Survivor
    Votes against: 2 Jury votes
    Best known for: winning SURVIVOR: AFRICA
    Challenges won individually: 2
    Challenges won with tribe: 5
    Individual Immunities: 1
    Best pal: Lex
    Nemesis: Brandon

Since being declared the winner of SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Ethan Zohn has founded "Grassroots Soccer," a non-profit organization which trains Africa's professional soccer players to teach children about HIV/AIDS prevention (www.grassrootsoccer.org). Additionally, he is a national spokesperson for America Scores, an organization that helps inner city kids participate in educational soccer programs. He has done extensive charity work for the Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric Aids organization and YouthAids, along with the Colon Cancer Alliance. He has participated in numerous speaking engagements, appeared in a Hewlett Packard commercial, hosted numerous MTV specials and appeared in various other television and print media. He most recently served as the coach of the U.S. National Maccabiah Team at the Pan American Maccabi Games in Chile.

In 2002, Ethan hosted "Ethan Zohn's Zone," an online journal summarizing the events of the 2002 World Cup in Korea/Japan. His accounts provided fans with a behind-the-scenes look inside the U.S. Soccer Team and the event itself. He also competed in Eco-Challenge Fiji with fellow SURVIVOR alumna, Jenna Lewis.

Originally from Lexington, Massachusetts, Ethan moved to New York, where he attended Vassar College, graduating in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology. He eventually became a professional soccer player, having been employed as a goalie for the Highlanders Football Club (Zimbabwe), Cape Cod Crusaders (Cape Cod, Massachusetts) and the Hawaii Tsunami (Oahu, Hawaii). Ethan also played for the 1997 and 2001 U.S. National Maccabiah Team (Israel). Off the field, he was the assistant coach for the Fairleigh Dickinson University Men's and Women's Soccer Team in Teaneck, N.J. from 1998-2002. Additionally, since 1999 he has worked freelance as a brand name strategist/developer, responsible for creating names for newly invented products.

Ethan is currently single and living in New York City. He has two brothers, Lenard and Lee. His birth date is November 12, 1973.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-12-2004 at 03:13 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Favourites -

Colors: Blue
    Scents: Fresh cut grass
    Flowers: Daisy
    Board Games: Boggle, Pictionary
    Video Games: Pitfall, Ms Pac-Man
    Sports to Play: Soccer, adventure racing, whiffle ball
    Sports Teams: Celtics, Manchester United
    Outdoor Activities: Kayaking, scuba diving, going to the beach
    TV Shows: Seinfeld, The O.C., Freaks & Geeks
    Movies: Can't Buy Me Love, Field of Dreams, Rudy
    Actors: Jason Lee, Patrick Dempsey, Robert De Niro
    Actresses: Winona Ryder, Cameron Diaz
    Music: Reggae, trip-hop
    Magazines: US Weekly, Maxim, Soccer America, Men's Health
    Books/Authors: John Irving
    Cereals: Pops, Honey Bunches of Oats
    Fruits: Mango, red grapes
    Snack Foods: Combos, Pringles
    Cookies: Milano, oatmeal raisin, Rice Krispy Treats
    Candy Bars: Gummy bears, Twizzlers, Lion bar, Snickers Cruncher
    Alcoholic Drinks: Malibu & Coke, Ketel One
    Non-Alcoholic: Coke, Snapple iced tea, Fresh Samantha
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmm... Fluff's av is back to normal. What happened there, I wonder?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I hope Ethan does well, but I have to admit, I am not confident he can stand up in what is potentially going to be a cut throat environment.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Me either, but when I saw him on The Early Show this morning he did look awful cute.
    I ask nothing more of him than that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You're speaking my Amber language, Fluffstress.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Indeed
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Me either, but when I saw him on The Early Show this morning he did look awful cute.
    I ask nothing more of him than that.
    I agree. Ethan is definitely the cutest All-Star. I just hope he lasts long enough for us to enjoy looking at him!
    Peace is Patriotic

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I personally don't think it is fair for previous Survivor winners to compete...

However...

I really liked Ethan, and I think he'll do very well. He kind of had a strategy similar to Sandra's, but he also won immunity challenges too. He's a force to be reckoned with.

You guys think I was annoying about Darrah you haven't seen anything yet. He is my hero. I'm a goalie and a coach, I have friends, other referees who know him, he is everything a role model can be. I agree that his weakness will be his integrety, but this group has people in it that are also that way. Once you cut Jeri, some of the most honest players to play the game. They could walk through as a solid group post alliance. He is plain and simple the best athlete there. I know people will disagree, but you don't know what it takes to be a professional goalie in the game. He is quicker than anyone most of us have ever met. He faced shots of near 80 mph or faster with less than 2 seconds to react. I referee players who have played division one college and play in an over 40 league with ex professional players.

Go Ethan and Manchester United, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich
    Last edited by ref guy; 01-12-2004 at 04:22 PM.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast