+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    So why didn't Jeff get any comment from Ethan on the "stabbing your friend in the back" scenario? Lex stabbed Ethan in the back (Ethan was even nodding his head in agreement with Hatch last night!), but Ethan has remained a friend to Lex and has never bashed him publicly. Now that's class!
    Ethan is a class act. Therefore, he'll reap benefits, and leverage his experience by getting sponsorships, and economic opportunties. Lex will be quickly forgotten. If Ethan is smart, he'll forget him too. Lex is a dangerous mind. He was 100% right when he told Ethan "this is all about business". But his true colors were exposed when he reacted as he did to Rob's "business". Lex's actions prove he is a self-centered, ass without a consistent belief in a universal code of conduct. No-one needs a friend like that.
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Colombian
    Ethan is a class act. Therefore, he'll reap benefits, and leverage his experience by getting sponsorships, and economic opportunties. Lex will be quickly forgotten. If Ethan is smart, he'll forget him too. Lex is a dangerous mind. He was 100% right when he told Ethan "this is all about business". But his true colors were exposed when he reacted as he did to Rob's "business". Lex's actions prove he is a self-centered, ass without a consistent belief in a universal code of conduct. No-one needs a friend like that.
    Jeff could have still asked Ethan something, anything instead of spending way too much time on the Ramber romance, which I think bored us all. I know they have a lot of people at the reunion shows, but they could easily include everyone in at least one question, if they wanted.

Jeff could have still asked Ethan something, anything instead of spending way too much time on the Ramber romance, which I think bored us all. I know they have a lot of people at the reunion shows, but they could easily include everyone in at least one question, if they wanted.
    I agree - especially being that he was a former winner and fan favorite - Jeff basically just ignored him the whole night
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Didn't Lex even say in his vote for Ethan to "leave quietly" or "with some class"? It's unfortunate that Lex is such a hypocrite and didn't follow his own advice.

I'd liked to have heard Ethan's comments on what happened leading up to his being voted off. This was a critical point in the game, where Mogo Mogo lost their chance of winning the physical challenges against Rob. This not only affected Ethan, but Kathy, Shii Ann, and Jerri as well. Ethan remains one of the nicest people to play the game and handled his exit with grace. He won playing a somewhat UTR game while remaining a threat that will be difficult to duplicate.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I was wondering the same thing. Ethan and several others were largely ignored while Jeff gushed over Rahmber.

I'd be real curious to know what Ethan had to say about Lex's choice in light of the whole Business/Friendship quandry. If I recall, he asked Colby, who responded with class too, but he skipped Ethan altogether.

Late to the Posting Party, but here all along.

FORT Fogey
    Will Ethan and others not winning the 2nd $1 mil (he may deserve, but we all know he'd never win it!) still be on the show this Thursday or will it just be the winner? Is this a half hour or hour long show? What will they do in all that time?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I used to love Ethan and respect him, but I really have to reconsider that knowing that he is in a relationship with Jenna.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Sad news...
    Survivor's Ethan Zohn Has Cancer
    By Mark Dagostino
    Originally posted Monday May 18, 2009 08:40 AM EDT

Ethan Zohn, the curly-haired soccer player who battled the elements and outwitted opponents to win Survivor: Africa, is facing his toughest adversary yet: cancer.

On April 30, Zohn was diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin's disease. The diagnosis came after months of unexplained itching and night sweats, originally thought to be a skin condition. Doctors discovered a swollen lymph node under his left clavicle, and a CT scan revealed a mass on the left side of his chest. Then, just last week, Zohn learned he is suffering from a rare form the disease called CD20-positive Hodgkin's Lymphoma, for which he began chemotherapy last Friday.

"This is the ultimate game of Survivor," Zohn, 35, tells PEOPLE exclusively, "and there's really only one outcome, and that's to win. There's no other option."

Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the body's lymphatic system with survival rates reaching as high as 90 percent. Zohn was told that the CD20 diagnosis, which affects around five percent of all Hodgkin's patients, has a similar cure rate, but is treated with an altered, more aggressive, three-month chemotherapy regimen. "They're going right after this," he says.

The chemo is expected to knock the always active and otherwise fit Zohn mostly out of commission for a few months, with nausea and weakness among its side effects. And he's expected to lose his famous mop of hair within two weeks.

Zohn's longtime girlfriend, Survivor: The Amazon winner Jenna Morasca, 27, is vowing to be at his side throughout the process. "I will fight with every fabric of my being to get him through this," Morasca tells PEOPLE.

Educating, Inspiring Others

Both Zohn and Morasca lost parents to cancer. Zohn's father died of colon cancer when Ethan was 14. Morasca's mother died in 2003, after a 12-year battle with breast cancer. "Our only point of reference with this situation is death," says Morasca.

Upon hearing the diagnosis, says Zohn, "My life flashed before my eyes." But in the roller coaster of emotions that followed, Zohn came to a conclusion: He wants to use his battle with cancer as way to educate and inspire others.

"This is happening for a reason," he tells PEOPLE. "You have to get spiritual about this [stuff]. I know I want to help people and inspire people. That's my purpose in life. So I need to use this as a platform."

Zohn, who has worked to raise money and awareness for AIDS relief in Africa through his Grassroot Soccer charity ever since winning Survivor's $1-million prize in 2002, had his first chemo treatment in Manhattan last Friday. Doctors inserted a small, octagonal port in his chest through which the chemo will be administered "like a fast-filling station" every two weeks. "It looks like I have a third nipple right now," says Zohn. "You can call me trip-nip!"

He'll face the loss of his hair with the same bravado. "My hair is my identity," he admits. But rather than find "long, disgusting Ethan Zohn hair all over my house," he's decided to shave it off in the next few days: "I'll get a mohawk or something fun that I've always wanted to do."

That's just fine with Morasca. "I so love the bad-boy look," she says. "I'd have him get a tattoo and a nose piercing, too, but he's not into it."

Bad-boy looks or not, Zohn says he feels well-prepared for the long fight ahead. "I've got good family and friends, and I'll roll with the punches as it comes to me. That's how I work in life. I'll take it on like a real game of Survivor," he says, adding: "I'm not getting voted out of this one."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

This is sad news. Ethan and Jenna have a lot of shared heartache because of cancer. I hope Ethan will be alright, get married, have children. I wish him the best.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

He seemed like one of the nicest guys ever to appear on Survivor. I hope he is fine.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread