+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

hope it blows up in his face and I hope they don't merge for a couple more episodes.
    LC you wouldn't want that... Right now it's a toss up between Jerri and Ethan being next to go in Mogo Mogo. Ethan's best hope is to make it to the merge. Besides, I'm really hoping the merge will make the show more interesting.

It could just be the editing but he seems to have stopped trying to form alliances since facing rejection in his Saboga days. He waited for Colby to approach him that first time to IC w/ Mogo Mogo. He doesn't seem to hang out much with Kathy and Shii Ann to try to win them over. It couldn't hurt...

I think our Ethan is a dead man walking, so we have to enjoy the eye candy while we can

FORT Fogey
    No one wants to be in Ethan's alliance as the last former winner and he knows it. There's not much he can do.

Seriously, if Lex decides Ethan goes at the next TC, I say Lex deserves to be shot. Ok, maybe not that harsh but something bad should happen to him.

I hope and believe that Jerri is the next one out since it's pretty obvious that MM would go to TC.

I don't really see Ethan making it far post merge either. Just don't...poor guy, he's screwed no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    No one wants to be in Ethan's alliance as the last former winner and he knows it.

I hope and believe that Jerri is the next one out since it's pretty obvious that MM would go to TC.
    I agree with you that no one would want to hook up with Ethan at this point. He's a previous winner and we all know how the ASS players feel about them... It would be nice for Ethan to make it to the juror. Maybe even a bit further!

I don't think it's obvious at all thatMM will go to TC. :rolleyes

K

Here's what I don't understand, if no one wants a former winner to win again, would'nt a former winner be the perfect person to be up against in the final 2?

I do believe MM will lose the next IC and I think Jerri will be the one to go.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Ethan as a threat? Not the way he's been playing lately. Lex is using his brains to better advantage than Ethan's been using his athleticism.
    Lex using his brains? When?? Voting Colby out was by far the dumbest thing that could have been done at that particular moment, and believe me, if you've read anything I've posted, I'm not a Colby fan. Until (and I'm thinking it may not happen at all or may not happen until the very end) the tribes merge, the point of the game is to have your tribe win the IC so you don't have to go to TC. In order to win, you need the best players sticking around in the tribe. If you notice during the last challenge (and many before), Ethan and Colby are the 2 carrying the most weight (working hardest, moving faster, appearing to have a game plan). Although Ethan had a problem with the knots, we have to consider the circumstances and while we assume the knots were done the same, there is no way to know that. We don't know about the subtle influences MB and crew may have on the outcome of these challenges and the overall competition. So, I love Ethan and I think Lex would be stupid to do anything to get rid of the tribe's 2 strongest players back to back unless Lex is tired of playing the game and wants to get his arse voted out when MM loses the 3rd challenge in a row...

Ethan =

So Melsevene, we are both anxiously awaiting two things: Ethan to step up his gameplaying efforts, and proof that Lex is strategizing badly or brilliantly.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

But can Ethan step up his efforts with in the frame work of the game. To this point he has been in pivotal positions regularly... but he has had to react to the situations rather than control them... the same in the upcoming weeks with Lex firmly in control of MM.. a play against Lex doesn't help him unless his goal is to reach next week, so all he can do is react and listen... so far he has quickly, which is a key IMO, said yes to almost every situation that has come forward. Last week, he could have made a move to strengthen a bond with Shii to save Colby.. but he didn't think Lex was going to back stab the Colbter. Definitely a mistake to not do so looking in hindsight.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    But can Ethan step up his efforts with in the frame work of the game. To this point he has been in pivotal positions regularly... but he has had to react to the situations rather than control them... the same in the upcoming weeks with Lex firmly in control of MM.. a play against Lex doesn't help him unless his goal is to reach next week, so all he can do is react and listen... so far he has quickly, which is a key IMO, said yes to almost every situation that has come forward. Last week, he could have made a move to strengthen a bond with Shii to save Colby.. but he didn't think Lex was going to back stab the Colbter. Definitely a mistake to not do so looking in hindsight.
    Yeah, I think Ethan's between a rock and hard place, pretty much, he has nowhere to go since no one wants to team up with him.

Yeah, I do like that idea that he should've talked to Shii Ann...maybe he could've done more to save Colby, maybe he assumed too much. And he shouldn't have. No, he definitely shouldn't have...*sigh* I don't think Shii Ann would've went with them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I don't think Shii Ann would've went with them, though.
    Certainly not after Colby's little hissy fit. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Of course, Ethan didn't know about that....

On the other hand, this may sound strange, but I think Ethan is getting by with a (generally) low-profile strategy (mea culpas aside, of course), and initiating any kind of conversation about who to boot would threaten this. So far in All-Stars, he's been voting with the strong groups (first TC aside, of course, because that was the one that threw his game off, I think...); he doesn't make the group strong, he simply supports the strength. It's sort of a modified version of Sandra's tactics (wouldn't call them a strategy per se, but they worked...), and I doubt it's intentional; Hell, it's probably his only option right now and possibly for the rest of the game. Nevertheless, I think he knows enough to play the hand he's dealt (if I may delve breifly into metaphor), and that doesn't include sticking his neck out for anyone right now....

FORT Fogey
    I definitely think the best thing he can do is to lay low, so low that people might forget about him Maybe like Darrah last season. What else can he do? He's the last winner left, so it's really hard to tell him what to do. What he's doing is the best strategy because it's leaving everyone else mad at each other and he's forgotten about. Imagine if he did that all the way to the F2?

+ Reply to Thread