+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Thank you ChgoBurbs. Wow. I feel a little weak....

What a great ep. for the Ethan D. Club. I was really worried when Ethan was selected first, only so that Lex & Colby could get rid of him. It was interesteing to watch as minds changed, and the targeted player went from Ethan to Colby to Richard. Could the tribe's change of mind have been due, at least in part, to Ethan's skill as a player? Even the King, Richard, paid him a tribute when he said "Ethan is playing the game all the time." and "Ooh, he's good."

Namaste.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    I haven't watched the show yet... so some of this may not make sense. In picking Ethan, was Lex behind the scenes thinking of Ethan as his potential ally and convinced Colby of this...the plan being for Cobly to use the expendable argument for picking him, knowing it was actually to gain an ally. We know Lex and Colby wanted Richard gone, but are faced with the Shii Anne all girl alliance possibility. Rupert is an unknown to most of them. I have trouble believing Lex would turn on Ethan as his first action after the merge with there history.... I would not be surprised if Ethan tried to help Lex even win.
    I haven't watched the show yet, but I did see the RC. After Saboga was dissolved, Mogo Mogo and Chapera did an elementary school pick 'em so they did not have a lot of time to talk about it. But Colby mentioned that they should pick Ethan to get rid of him. It made me uncomfortable and I couldn't think of why he would want to get rid of another threat when he's one himself. I think maybe he did not mean it and wanted to team up with Ethan. I am sure that he just wanted Rich to THINK he wanted him off when in reality he wanted Rich gone. Plus, he saw himself with Lex/Ethan who were already tight from Africa and he had an alliance with Lex anyway. So I think maybe it was a farse to throw Rich off.

Mmm ChgoBurbs Nice pics. Suxie, you are so right about them being a nice addition to the EDC! Plus, I thought the only way he got that target off him was through playing but everyone else is going,"No, he's just lucky," since he was on the tribe with Rich. Hmm...I still say Ethan's kicking butt in AS!

I know... did anyone notice the...um... bulge in his shorts by the way he was standing?

I know I shouldn't like a player just because he is eye candy, but damnit, he is FINE.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Good point ref guy, I think the previous Lex-Ethan relationship will come into play and that Lex may have influenced Colby to go along with the plan for a different reason. Lex picked up an ally and in the process can go after Rich and Colby without putting too much pressure on himself. As a bonus, Ethan can set himself up as the food provider and put himself in a much better position than he was at Saboga or if he had gone to Chapera instead.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I just wonder if Ethan's going to join the Shi-Anne, Jerri, ditch Colby club, or go with Colby....he seems to be the wild card on the tribe now. I'm hoping he teams up with Jerri, but, he and Lex are past friends, maybe Lex secretly wants to get rid of the Colbster now too, he's the biggest threat. Next TC at Homo-mogenized should be very, very interesting, I can't wait!!!!...Have to handle it to Ethan for hanging in there....he's been so close to having his torch snuffed....I think Ethan's kind of boring ( sorry girls ) nice guy and all that, but he wasn't much fun in Africa, I like him better this time around though.

"In picking Ethan, was Lex behind the scenes thinking of Ethan as his potential ally and convinced Colby of this...the plan being for Cobly to use the expendable argument for picking him, knowing it was actually to gain an ally. "

I think you hit the nail on the head, ref guy. I hope you're right.

But if I were Ethan, I would be wary of Lex. Sure, he should form an alliance if possible, but Lex lost a million bucks to Ethan before. And there was some scandal involved that cheated Lex out of a shot at the Final 2 Something about answers to the "tribute to those who have fallen" challenge. Something about Lindsay's tattoos, I think. Survivor historians, please help me out here.

Possibly Ethan would do better to align with Jerri who (maybe) wants to take out Colby, then bring in Shii Ann whose head is on the chopping block, and then enlist Kathy in an Ethan/women alliance. Appropriate, what?

Namaste.

FORT Fogey
    Am I the only person who thinks that if Ethan and Lex get rid of Colby that it'd be dumb for them? It just means there are less targets besides them and they'll get taken out a lot earlier after the merge. They NEED Colby more than y'all seem to think. You know how threats get taken out, this won't be any different. Yeah look at these All Stars. :rolleyes

We'll see but I think Ethan and Lex need to stick with Colby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Am I the only person who thinks that if Ethan and Lex get rid of Colby that it'd be dumb for them? It just means there are less targets besides them and they'll get taken out a lot earlier after the merge. They NEED Colby more than y'all seem to think. You know how threats get taken out, this won't be any different. Yeah look at these All Stars. :rolleyes

We'll see but I think Ethan and Lex need to stick with Colby.

Well, LC, there is the school of thought that says that the strong should align with the strong. These All-Stars, who have now watched 7 seasons, know that weaker players can often slip beneath the radar and win. So maybe Lex, Colby, and Ethan will finally wise up, form an "Alliance of the Strong", and prevent an "UTR" player from winning the game.

The problem I have with this scenario is that it goes against human nature. Alpha males will butt heads with and try to kill other alpha males. If a full grown adult male competitor is in sight, a bull elk is not going to go after a puny female. The Bull Alpha Male will try to de-antler his snorting, rutting competitor. That is why females have won the majority of Survivors. They can sit by, laugh, and observe as the male animals de-horn themselves.

(Disclaimer: I do not mean to compare Ethan, Lex, or Colby to male elks.)

Namaste.

FORT Fogey
    Well, Lex and Ethan were buddies all through S3 and they're both alpha males. I don't see why they couldn't be friends, it happens in real life. They should have enough brains to know that they must stick together. They know how the weaklings get far. This is why I very much hope they will stick together, because they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Well, Lex and Ethan were buddies all through S3 and they're both alpha males. I don't see why they couldn't be friends, it happens in real life. They should have enough brains to know that they must stick together. They know how the weaklings get far. This is why I very much hope they will stick together, because they should.

Yes, they should. But Lex was also paid an extra $100,000.00 by Mark Burnett because the finale of Survivor Africa was mishandled. So, one of my thoughts is that Lex has lingering resentment against Ethan because he knows that he was unfairly deprived of a shot at winning. I certainly don't know that for sure, and of course, Ethan and Lex have done many appearances together and are friends. But, Lex's chance is now, or never, and I'll bet he and Ethan will be suspicious of each other.

Namaste.

+ Reply to Thread