+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    The problem here is that the mentality on Saboga wasn't astute enough to realize that you can use the winners to get you to the merge and then pick them off. "Queen" Jenna's mentality of keeping the winners as far away from the money as possible is flawed; anyone really thinking about advancing to the end should have had the foresight to see that once you had pairs of winners on each tribe that the winners would know they had targets on their backs and would be willing to sell their vote.

She's thinking about the non-winners as a whole versus the winners, as opposed to thinking of being the sole survivor.

If Ethan and Tina managed to sell it right to Rupert and Rudy, they probably would have been able to carry themselves at least to a final merge at 10 players, after which winners could easily be picked off, and less deserving people like Jenna would have gotten the boot early on.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    When did Rob M become a trustworthy source of information???
    Excellent point

If Rob wants to use Ethan's relationships against him then, have at it.
    It's all tactics and I don't think anything is really off limits when it comes to trying to advance yourself in the game.

As others have said, it still boggles me that Ethan, Rupert and Rudy didn't allign.
    Of course, Ethan could have proposed an alliance and been turned down.
    He was in the firing line so really what could he do other than agree to allign with anyone who would be willing?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoBurbs
    That's a nice grab, but I don't remember him looking that muscular. Maybe it's true TV adds ten pounds. Dang, he looks good.

I'm undecided how I feel about the new, more outspoken Ethan. On the one hand, he seems a bit desperate and whiny, OTOH, I can't blame him considering Jenna is treating him like a third wheel peace o' crap whose only purpose there is to help her win her own million. I don't envy him, but he better get smarter and more proactive about removing Jenna.
    Last edited by Levdrakon; 02-07-2004 at 10:45 PM.

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    I like Ethan. He is a cutie and I hope he stays around for awhile
    Tons of Free Screen Shots for Survivor Allstars
    http://www.bafletcher.com
    Stop by and visit our forum also
    Usually over 200 shots per episode

Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    I don't envy him, but he better get smarter and more proactive about removing Jenna.
    I think he is doing the best he can. Both he and Tina knew on the first episode that she needed to go. I think the only reason Jenna didn't go last time (aside from the fact Rudy was hurt) was that he couldn't get Rupert and Rudy to vote for her. Rudy is stubborn and sticks with alliances and Rupert sticks to his alliances, too. I am betting that Ethan will really work at getting rid of Jenna now.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Of course, Ethan could have proposed an alliance and been turned down.
    He was in the firing line so really what could he do other than agree to allign with anyone who would be willing?
    Yeah, I absolutely agree, fluff! The number one Ethan fan would definitely know best. Although I met this scary obsessed Ethan fan. It was...um...creepy

You know, in that pic, you can really see his guns! Haha someone brought that up. There ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Yeah, I absolutely agree, fluff! The number one Ethan fan would definitely know best. Although I met this scary obsessed Ethan fan. It was...um...creepy

You know, in that pic, you can really see his guns! Haha someone brought that up. There ya go.
    Now, how come Fluff gets to be the NUMBER ONE FAN. Who had Ethan in their signature from the moment they joined FORT. I picked him to win Africa before it started.... I can get witnesses Fluff, your just in love with him .... I consider him an excellent role model But I'm willing to share... how about were co-NUMBER ONE FANS I think Rupert and Rudy bought into the "Winner" idea Jenna brought out and Ethan couldn't convince them otherwise so he had to go with the girls.

Siryn, Tina said they tried to float the idea to R & R and we heard part of it during the show. I thought it was pretty convincing. They used an integrity idea which should have sold to both of them. But it didn't. any thoughts to why it didn't or what would have been a better way of presenting the alliance?This may be part of the reason Ethan didn't ally with R&R this time.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

LC just one placing and you get this long argument Why not make it a tie

FORT Fogey
    Fine, ref guy and fluff are fellow number one fans. I'm right behind you guys. Haha.

Yes, ref guy, I would bet anything that Ethan was that desparate to stay, he tried everything. I bet he went to Rudy and Rupert to get rid of one of the girls and they wouldn't go with it. They wanted him gone. So yeah, he did what he could to stay in the game.

I just read Fluff's recap ... Fluff clean this place up .... I need hip waders just to get through to my usual seat at the bar. At least my posters still up ............ ughhhhh what is this in my chair ......and on the bar :rolleyes

John, Tell the Drool Club to clean up after themselves
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

+ Reply to Thread