+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Yeah, geez, I'm tired of people putting ALL the blame on him. There are 5 people on their tribe, he didn't single handedly lose it for them. :rolleyes

Yeah, I absolutely think the tribes will be switched up at 14...7 on each tribe. It makes perfect sense.

Yes, Ethan's having to play a completely different game. But ya know what? I think he's doing a good job at it! He's playing well and has some spunk to him. Dude, he's great.

He never had a vote cast against him? That's right. That makes him tied with Tina and Sandra as the only winners to never have any votes against them. Not bad. Not bad at all. I always said he was a good winner.
    I agree with you on everything. That whole team fell apart on that challenge, but individually, at least Ethan kept up with his efforts.

Also, though this is a different game in certain respects, I think if Ethan can make it through the next couples of rounds - that is, past Jenna - I think he can still do it. I'm certainly rooting for him!

FORT Fan

Ethan IS a Scorpio...

Quote Originally Posted by haibane
    I just got this week's Entertainment Weekly, with the Survivor cover. The article talks about all the survivors knowing each other through the reunions and other events, some becoming friends, and some being more than friends. Then it quoted Rob M. calling Ethan a "F-ing whore" who's "doing Survivors left and right" (way to go with that jealousy Rob). Ethan had "no comment" for the article. This sort of went along with something I recently read on Jeff Varner's website, that Ethan had relationships with Amber, Jenna M, and Jenna L outside of the show.

Well, I'm sure a decent-looking guy like Ethan must have been swamped with female offers after the show, but I didn't think he was such a slut. This guy's not as bland as I thought.
    What do people mean by "slut" and "whore"? Also, define "relationship" (not you personally, Haibane, just that it's easy for a writer - or a sound byte - to throw in an ill-defined but very loaded term).

Do they mean having dinner together while in the same city? Sleeping together and nothing more? Intimate, monogamous romantic involvement? I can certainly see Rob assuming that if a man is spending time with a woman, he is "doing her", but maybe not. And even if so, so what? They're young, they're not married, so have some safe fun. Are there many, many more women (like 50 or something) that he's had "relationships" with besides these Survivor girls? Maybe that would beging to give me pause, but 3 people?

I would imagine it's kind of easier, safer, to meet and hang out with each other than trying to weed through all the potential star-f*ckers they must encounter. And, those Scorpios are notorious for their sex drives. I can't say much for Ethan's taste, but based on these reports, I do not take issue with his morals or ethics. I am not yet disillusioned!

So, help me understand something that's been bothering me since Thursday, and tell me I'm crazy.

Ethan knows that Jerri and Jenna are voting for either himself or Rudy. He knows that Rudy is not going to vote for himself, and he has no idea what Rupert's going to do, but can probably guess that he will either vote for Rudy, or whomever Rudy votes for.

If Ethan had voted for ANYONE but Rudy, he would have either not changed the outcome of the vote (if Jerri and Jenna had been voting for Ethan, and he'd have been booted no matter what - or if Jerri, Jenna, and Rupert were voting for Rudy, in which case Rudy was gone no matter what), or would have forced a tie vote (if Jerri and Jenna voted for either Ethan or Rudy, and Rupert and Rudy voted for someone else).

Seems to me that Ethan placing a vote for Jerri or Jenna would have been the smart move at that point, because the likelihood of a tie vote was VERY real. His vote for Rudy lessens his bargaining position by quite a bit with Rupert, who he's going to need if he wants to survive Jenna.

FORT Fogey
    John, I'm just a little confused by your post...only because I'm not sure why he'd want there to be a tie...are you thinking a 2-2-1 vote? Then that just gives him a chance to get ousted due to that. I think he did the right thing.

Besides, Rupert voted for him too. Rupert's also on the outside of the alliances there and needs Ethan as much as Ethan needs Rupert. Ethan didn't vote for Rudy and was never a party of their alliance. Rupert should be able to get over that Ethan voted for Rudy to save himself and move on. If he doesn't than he truly is a horrible player.

Now, John, if I totally interpreted what you said absolutely wrong, don't hesitate to correct me.

Ethan didn't vote for Rudy and was never a party of their alliance.
    Ethan did vote for Rudy. But if he hadn't voted for Rudy, it likely would have been a 2 (Rudy) - 2 (Ethan) - 1 (whoever Ethan voted for) tie.

Why would Ethan want a tie? Because then he's got Rudy and Rupert immediately on his side. As it stands now, Rupert will not align with Ethan, because Ethan voted for his buddy Rudy. And without Rupert on his side, Ethan is screwed.

FORT Fogey
    I see your point John, but I think Rupert will still align with Ethan this time... he doesn't have anywhere else to go really.

I may be wrong about this, but here's my take on the last vote: even though Rupert didn't want Rudy to go, the others knew that Rudy was hurtin', and Rupe had to reluctantly agree with them. He told them he had made good friends with Rudy and didn't feel good about writing his name down and Jenna suggested he write Ethan's name. They all agreed to this, but told Rudy that Ethan was the one leaving. I'm sure Ethan was more than happy to go along with this as he was sure he would be the second one voted out.

Now it looks like it might be Rupert and Ethan against Jerri and Jenna. 2 vs 2 aren't very good odds in my mind. Ethan should have tried to talk Rudy and Rupert into voting Jenna out. I don't think he would have had much trouble convincing them - if it was a choice between Rudy going or Jenna going. But Rupert seemed to have some sort of tunnel vision that said Rudy and Ethan were the only possible evictees, and he knew the team would be stronger by keeping Ethan.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The thing that bothered me was I couldn't figure out why the heck Ethan didn't go to Rupert or Rudy to try to create a boys alliance to get rid of either Jenna or Jerri. Jenna has made it clear that she wants him gone, so why the heck didn't he try to get her ousted (it would have been very easy it seems)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Ethan didn't vote for Rudy
    I am SUCH AN IDIOT! I meant Rupert...this is why I reread my posts...so I can catch my mistakes, I didn't reread this one.

Why would Ethan want a tie? Because then he's got Rudy and Rupert immediately on his side.
    What if they didn't get to revote? What if it was a purple rock? Or a tiebreaker and Ethan lost? I'd be afraid to chance it.

Rupert NEEDS Ethan just as much as Ethan needs Rupert. Rupert would be VERY foolish to not team up with Ethan because once they get rid of Ethan...if the girls want him gone...he'd be next to go. He needs to get rid of one of the girls. Preferably Jenna.

Qboots, I like your points...I think those make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Rupert NEEDS Ethan just as much as Ethan needs Rupert. Rupert would be VERY foolish to not team up with Ethan because once they get rid of Ethan...if the girls want him gone...he'd be next to go. He needs to get rid of one of the girls. Preferably Jenna.
    I agree. Ethan needs to align with Rupert. I don't think they would have a problem bringing Jerri over. Bye Bye Jenna.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread