+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Ethan did win because he is a nice guy.

Kim basically said as much when choosing him to go to the final two with her.
    She picked him because she knew she wasn't going to win and said she preferred that he win if she couldn't.

I don't think it's a nice guy act, I just think he's a nice guy
    "That's Numberwang!"

Vegetarian Sweetheart -s2 KimmiKrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    BTW, I think Ethan's cuter now than he was in Africa.
    1) You're a dork
    2) I think Kim J. deserved to win just a liiiittle bit more. Shes an old woman she made it farther than any other old woman besides tina. That takes skill, as Kim Powers said herself. Ethan was a nice guy, yes. But ask yourself, what is the definition of a sole survivor? The nice guy effect isn't high on my priority list of being the best one there.
    3) You're a dork but i still love ya.
    + _____________________+
    (*Prince Gabe*)

~kimmi4ever~

Kimmi if you try to argue with Fluff it wouldn't be easy expect a 10 million page argument if you're going for Ethan k also refguy too

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    Kimmi if you try to argue with Fluff it wouldn't be easy expect a 10 million page argument if you're going for Ethan k also refguy too
    I'm taking the ref shirt off and LC is my second for tonights battle royal. Do we have any volunteers to referee or is this going to be an all out winner take's all.. :fight

KimmiKrazy quote
    1) You're a dork
    2) I think Kim J. deserved to win just a liiiittle bit more. Shes an old woman she made it farther than any other old woman besides tina. That takes skill, as Kim Powers said herself. Ethan was a nice guy, yes. But ask yourself, what is the definition of a sole survivor? The nice guy effect isn't high on my priority list of being the best one there.

I'll leave point 1 and 3 to my partner I am going to assume you to are buds so I'm not touching that one

Round 1 begins DING

Kim J. deserving to win survivor Africa. She was the ultimate, I'm going for a nice summer drive with my boys, Lex, Tom, and Ethan. She's granny from the Beverly Hill Billies sitting in her rocking chair except she doesn't have the shot gun. She even new she wasn't going to win, and people really like her.

Tina old she's only 42 right now, while that may seem old to some, its not. Kim J was 57, Tina is only 2 years older than Lex and younger than Tom
    BTW The hated one from this year was 51 and she finished second.

The definition of a sole survivor has obviously changed from show to show, but to say Ethan doesn't fit the mold. He is clearly athletic, played nicely with friends and enemies, and played the tactics need for that game to the best of anyone, who would have beat him in the final TC. The nice guy role was the tactic needed to win that version of the game. If the tactics change so will he, listen to his video clip on CBS site. What would you have put as a priority, Lex's gut instinct, Tom's GUT, or Sunday drive Granny

DING

BTW I'm just having some fun KimmiK
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    Thanks LC, I think I may remember part of that now that you reminded me. I agree about Ethan not being egotistical. As for the last part, I'll say that I think he is the coolest survivor ever, but there are many good ones to choose from so I can't argue with anyone else's choice, unless its the evil you know who......
    Right, I agree that he is the coolest survivor to you, but that's you saying it. If HE went around and said it, it'd be obnoxious. See what I mean?

1) You're a dork
    Kim J deserved to win over Ethan? In what universe? She was the biggest coattail rider, ever. I have the feeling she would've been voted out in 4th place if CBS wouldn't have made that mistake and she wouldn't have won immunity.

But as for being dorks, you take the cake. At least I have only 4 Survivor guys I stick to, you just want more and more so you're trying to steal mine, Not gonna happen!

BTW, Ethan rocks! He is a really nice guy, so go him!

I agree Lil Cutie.
    Kim was only ever going to get fourth place if she hadn't won that IC.
    Ethan is always accused of riding Lex's coattails, yet Lex's alliance went against his wishes and voted off Brandon. They did their own thing when they didn't agree with him and as the major target of the other voting bloc he needed his alliance to save him as much as people always claim they needed him.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-27-2004 at 08:01 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree Lil Cutie.
    Kim was only ever going to get fourth place if she hadn't won that IC.
    Ethan is always accused of riding Lex's coattails, yet Lex's alliance went against his wishes and voted off Brandon. They did their own thing when they didn't agree with him and as the major target of the other voting bloc he needed his alliance to save him as much as people always claim they needed him.
    Why thank you fluff, I'm here to support Ethan, too. And those are good points!

Now what KK? *cackles like the wicked witch of the East*

A nice person doesn't have to go around telling everybody they are nice, and if they do, people are not required to believe them.

I question did Ethan win the game? I question is Ethan a nice guy?

He may have been chosen by Kim J to go to the final two because she thought he was a nice guy.

But when it is uncertain whether Kim J won that challenge or not and she came to be in that position by mistake, it then becomes uncertain if Ethan did 'win' the game by being "nice" as he puts it.

It is not possible to make a statement of certainty about the reason for an outcome if the validity of the outcome is in doubt.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

FORT Fogey
    Well, I believe Ethan was a nice guy cuz I saw him in Africa and he WAS nice! At least he's not going around saying he's the coolest survivor ever or something. To me, he's a good guy. And the nicest person to ever win Survivor...it's nice to see that nice guys DO finish first sometimes.

If Ethan wasn't a nice guy, I doubt he would've won. And if he would've won, it would've been a very very close vote.

+ Reply to Thread