+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Susan Hawk - Chapera

Sue thinks she'll be booted first, so she has pretty much checked out of any work around the camp, is being somewhat obnoxious and generally acting in a way that will get her booted out first.
    Nice self-fulfilling prophecy Sue :rolleyes
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hug me!
    Well.. it is tough for Sue.. she is in a tribe with most of the younger players.. the only one she can team with is Tom... I felt sorry for her.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Sue can team up with anyone she wants to on her tribe.
    Rob C would be a good choice for her, he has shown he is willing to allign with a female older han himself before, i.e. Deena.

Sue's behaviour in the first episode, (I know we have to allow for editing), laying around, not willing to help with the fire etc. is only serving to allienate her from her tribemates.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hug me!
    nope.. Rob C was shown as a snake... Sue wouldn't go for that.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I think her behaviour so far means she is pretty low on options.
    If she wants to be there and wants to last beyond the first Chapera trip to TC, then she needs to do whatever it takes, allign with whomever it takes, to get her further in the game.
    She wouldn't have to allign with him forever, but she does need to show some willingness to play the game or she has no business being there as far as I'm concerned
    "That's Numberwang!"

That's a key point, Fluff. The lesser players think that an alliance means forever because, golly, that's how it worked in S1 and S2. You'd have thought S4 would have made more people (other than RobC) recognize that alliances are partnerships of convenience. Burton actually said something to that effect last season. The guy had good ideas, but was a clumsy practicioner of his theories. Anyway, I agree with you. The age discrepancy between Sue and the rest of her tribe is irrelevant. She should be seeking ways to form a temporary alliance to last a few more days in the game.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Exactly Paulie.
    We're not talking "best friends forever" here.
    Do what you have to do to get by three days at a time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hey, youse guys, I'm Canadian and I don't sound like that, eh?

And I look better in a bikini, if I do say so
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Regular
    Oh please don't put that accent down as Canadian. I'm from up North and we don't talk like that!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    weighing in on Sue's accent, that's straight outta a blue collar Milwaukee neighborhood, where I'm guessing her folks were from or more of a family thing. It's a WisCANsin accent, all nasal. I've got relatives in Stevens Point, WI, and they've got an incredibly thick accent too, but not the same as Sue's, a bizarre Polish-Scandinavian-Canadian mix which ends up sounding like, "hey you'se guys, let's go get some Point Beer, hey?" Like LilCutie I grew up in Wisconsin and don't sound anything like Sue. Phew, lucky us, huh LilCutie!
    I'm from Milwaukee, well 5 minutes north of it. Trust me, I don't know a sole who sounds like that. Palmyra's not near Milwaukee. But yeah, who says WisCANsin anyway? That sounds sooooooo annoying!

Will we ever figure out where Sue's accent comes from? It's an unsolved mystery.

Seriously, when I get on Survivor and you see that I'm from Wisconsin, you'll go,"Now SHE doesn't have an accent," cuz if you're from the midwest, then you sound just like me!

+ Reply to Thread