+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Susan Hawk - Chapera

I have to agree about her accent, I forgot how thick it was. Definitely eastern Wisconsin - over by der'. Most people I know here have a much more neutral accent or one bordering on the Minnesota one. I'd much rather hear Sue than Tom though.
    One more thing Sue, for the love of God - don't wear the bikini again.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Fogey
    I'm from Eastern Wisconsin...Southeastern actually. And WHO says "over 'der"? I'd probably roll my eyes if I ever heard anyone from where I live say that.

But yeah, I'm in agreement, I'd rather hear her over Tom. He's got such an annoying accent.

Oops, sorry about the bikini...unfortunately, you'll be seeing plenty of it. It's pretty much all she's got to wear. *covers eyes*

Leo
    Premium Member
    Why oh why, if there's going to be someone spending a lot of time in a bikini, did it have to be her?

I wonder if Sue will team up later with Rudy. Rob M should keep Sue for a little while because he will need her after the merge to bring in someone like Rudy. Maybe Jenna L as well.

I wonder how much old relationships will impact the game.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

I *really* dislike Sue, and that was even more apparent this time.

Since I didn't watch the first season of the show, I had nothing to go on. I can only imagine how much I would have disliked her if I had seen it. Last night was enough...

LG.
    weighing in on Sue's accent, that's straight outta a blue collar Milwaukee neighborhood, where I'm guessing her folks were from or more of a family thing. It's a WisCANsin accent, all nasal. I've got relatives in Stevens Point, WI, and they've got an incredibly thick accent too, but not the same as Sue's, a bizarre Polish-Scandinavian-Canadian mix which ends up sounding like, "hey you'se guys, let's go get some Point Beer, hey?" Like LilCutie I grew up in Wisconsin and don't sound anything like Sue. Phew, lucky us, huh LilCutie!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    I think Sue's tribemates are thinking she is the first one out when they go down.....

later Sue.
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

I hope Sue's innards rebel so she has to leave the game.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    weighing in on Sue's accent, that's straight outta a blue collar Milwaukee neighborhood, where I'm guessing her folks were from or more of a family thing. It's a WisCANsin accent, all nasal. I've got relatives in Stevens Point, WI, and they've got an incredibly thick accent too, but not the same as Sue's, a bizarre Polish-Scandinavian-Canadian mix which ends up sounding like, "hey you'se guys, let's go get some Point Beer, hey?" Like LilCutie I grew up in Wisconsin and don't sound anything like Sue. Phew, lucky us, huh LilCutie!
    No Sue is not from a working class neighgorhood in Milwaukee. She's from Waukesha Co, which happens to be the richest county in the State. Sue did live in Canada for several years and I think that's where she picked up most of her accent. I've seen her speak in person and her accent doesn't sound as strong. In S1 she said she was playing the dumb redneck as a strategy. She said when people think you're dumb they reveal much more when talking to you than they do if they think you're smart and that was how she wanted to deal with Rich.
    I lived in WI most of my life and I don't sound anything like Sue and no one I know sounds like her. When I here people pronounce WI like "WisCANsin" my first thought is there not from here. I always here it misprounced like that in the media.

+ Reply to Thread