Place: 7th voted out
    Votes against: 8
    Best known for: his aggressive attitude
    Challenges won individually: 0
    Challenges won with tribe: 5 with Rotu; 3 with Maraamu
    Individual Immunities: 0
    Best pal: Sarah Jones
    Nemesis: Hunter Ellis

Since being voted off seventh on SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS, Robert Mariano has appeared at many charity functions, enjoyed traveling all over the world and acted as a host for the Hawaiian Tropic Model Search Competition last summer in Boston. Two of his most memorable adventures were traveling to Italy last spring with his father and throwing out the first pitch at the Red Sox game last Labor Day when the team hosted the Yankees at Fenway Park.

Rob was born and raised in Boston. Growing up, he was very involved in athletics, especially hockey, baseball and football. He attended Xaverian Brothers High School, where he played on the varsity hockey team and helped his golf team win the state championship in 1991-92. Rob then attended Boston University, where he boxed and played rugby. In 1999, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology.

Rob currently works as a construction foreman and part-time bartender, while also serving as head coach for Boston University's Inline Hockey Team (which he has done since its inception in 1999). In 2001, he coached the team to victory at their first League Championship followed by another victory at their first National Tournament, where they proceeded to defeat the two-time defending national champion Michigan State Spartans in overtime. Always encouraging his team to give 110 percent, Rob has since coached the team to two additional National Tournament appearances and one League Championship.

Rob's hobbies include hockey, fishing and playing cards. In 2000, he woke up the day of the Boston Marathon and decided to run it as an unofficial entry with absolutely no training. He stopped along the way to eat burgers and drink beer. He ended up walking the last 13 miles of the race and finished in 6 hours and 20 minutes. He couldn't walk for three days afterwards.

Rob continues to call Boston home and his family remains most important thing in his life. He has one brother, Mike, one sister, Heather, and his parents are Bob and Linda. He is currently single and living in Canton, Massachusetts. His birth date is December 25, 1975.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-12-2004 at 02:58 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Favourites -

Colors: Fire engine red
    Scents: Diesel fuel, the ocean, burning wood
    Flowers: Red rose
    Board Games: Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Chess
    Video Games: Blackjack, Texas Hold 'Em poker
    Sports to Play: Hockey, football, rugby, baseball
    Sports Teams: New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins, B.U. Terriers
    Outdoor Activities: Construction, fishing, camping, sports
    TV Shows: SURVIVOR, Seinfeld, anything on The Learning Channel & the Travel Channel
    Movies: The Godfather, Top Gun, Goodfellas, The Deer Hunter
    Actors: Robert De Niro, Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon
    Actresses: Catherine Zeta-Jones, Julia Roberts
    Music: Hip-hop, dance, classic rock
    Magazines: Maxim, Playboy, Gear, The Motorcyclist, Gentlemen's Quarterly
    Books/Authors: The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano
    Cereals: Wheaties, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks
    Fruits: Tomato, kiwi, peach, all berries
    Snack Foods: Pizza, Doritos
    Cookies: Peanut butter, chocolate chip, sugar
    Candy Bars: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    Alcoholic Drinks: Budweiser
    Non-Alcoholic: Grape Gatorade, water
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I wonder if he'll choke on his fish this time around.

I thought Rob talked a good game...but it didn't necessarily mean that he HAD one. I hope Rob has learned a lot from his experience on Maraamu.

I actually thought he was a pretty good player. He started the ball rolling that led to the dissolution of John's alliance. Many fans seem to have decided over time that Neleh and Pappy deserve credit for that, but all they did was finally wise up to the message Sean and Kathy were conveying all along. And who initially broadcast that message? Boston Rob.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    Kathy and Rob at the merge meeting was pretty darn funny too. I'm glad the Robfather is back, if even for comedy relief.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I can't wait to see him in action once again. I have waited 2 years to see him again and he worth the wait. He will make me proud I just know it!
    ~Loca~

FORT Fogey
    I must admit that I get confused as to what happened on which season was which, but if I remember correctly, didn't Rob and Sean both sort of give up, and not even try to get votes after a while? I have no respect for that type of person.
    But maybe I'm completely wrong.

They didn't give up as far as the game went. They didn't do any work at Rotu, even when it seemed likely they'd garner votes as a result.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    See, I personally would equate that with giving up. They didn't want to be kissing any butt to get votes, so they didn't do a thing. Well, that rubbed people the wrong way (understandably so), and so they got voted out.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    That's not why Rob was voted out. He was voted out because he was a target of the Rotu 4. It was either going to be Rob, Sean or Vee. They were the outsiders. They could have wheeled and dealed all they wanted, they couldn't change a thing until Paschal and Neleh opened their eyes.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast