+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    The Robfather's Pre-Game Interview from www.cbsnews.com:

Rob: Let me tell you sweetheart, it's all about personality and I got it.

Tracey: (laughs) Okay, there's no question there. Do you really think you can pull it off this time?

Rob: No doubt. No doubt about it. This time I am gonna win, hands down. The other people are not even gonna see it coming.

Tracey: What's your strategy?

Rob: You see the first one? Who would expect me to do the same thing all over again? I'm gonna be right in your face all day, all night. I think a lot of other people now-a-days, they uhh..I think now, the second edition people are a little bit weary about their image, how they're portrayed, this and that. Guys like Ethan got the good guy image, and they don't wanna screw it up, you know, so they gonna play real defensive. I'm gonna bring it to them.

Tracey: Who do you think is gonna be the person....

Rob: You got awesome eyes.

Tracey: Thank you.

Rob: I'm like, distracted a little bit here.

Tracey: (laughs) This is part of his strategy.

Rob: Yeah.

Tracey: How do you avoid being that first person kicked off?

Rob: There's no, how do you avoid it? You win the first challenge. (laughs) Be sure your team wins the first challenge, alright. There be nothing more disapointing then being the first person getting, getting kicked off. Sorry Dicky Hatch.

Tracey: You think that's, you think he's got a big target on his back if he's here?

Rob: If he's here, he's gotta have a target. I don't even care, I'd keep him around just for pure entertainment purposes, you know. You need someone to make fun of.

Tracey: Isn't there anybody you're gunning for Rob?

Rob: You know, like, it doesn't, it doesn't matter. In the end they're all, they're all going. I'm the only one that's gonna be left. But at the same time these people, they gotta vote for me to win in the end after. So how do I change their perception about me that everybody has is this manipulating guy and dalaladala? I gotta be nice to them. Side interviews would be good though.

You know the accent is cool, but it's not fun when your making a transcript.........
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

Only here for Survivor... Faulkenham's Avatar
    Rob: You got awesome eyes.
    Tracey: Thank you.
    Rob: I'm like, distracted a little bit here.

Sorry Dicky Hatch.
    Tracey: You think that's, you think he's got a big target on his back if he's here?
    Rob: If he's here, he's gotta have a target. I don't even care, I'd keep him around just for pure entertainment purposes, you know. You need someone to make fun of.
    I am liking this kid more and more. This is some funny stuff.
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - JFK

I love his accent took awhile to get used to in the beginning but it's cool.
    ~Loca~

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loca
    I love his accent took awhile to get used to in the beginning but it's cool.
    Yeah. I got used to it during Marquesas which is good because at least I cold partially understand what he said.
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I just happened to notice his buff. I've never seen anyone where their buff like that before, it looks uncomfortable
    I noticed that, too. I was gonna say something but I didn't... Personally, I would try to think up a unique way of wearing it... I remember John Carroll wearing it as a skirt, and Jed wearing it as a belt.

FORT Fogey
    I love his "Dicky Hatch" comments. My brother calls him that, too.

Pretty interesting interview. I don't see myself liking his personality at all, though. He'll probably annoy me dearly!

I don't like his accent...I know Loca loves it, but it bugged me!

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I can't stand his accent. But I can hardly ever understand somebody speaking with an accent... I just gave up on trying to understand Darrah after a while.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I couldn't stand his accent at the beginning of S4, but I got used to it after a while.

I think I might have to get used to it again because I haven't watched my S4 tapes for a while.

FORT Fogey
    You have S4 on tape? Lucky! I wish I had any season on tape...I have some of PI and that's about it.

Scoob, I thought understanding Darrah was pretty easy after I got used to her accent. I dunno, I'm good at understanding accents, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    See, I personally would equate that with giving up. They didn't want to be kissing any butt to get votes, so they didn't do a thing. Well, that rubbed people the wrong way (understandably so), and so they got voted out.
    I've been rewatching my S4 tapes. Rob didn't give up at all. He got them to vote out Gabe, one of there own first. Pretty good accomplishment. At the time of S4 I didn't like Rob, but that was based on the fact he got rid of Hunter. Hunter and Gina were my favs on that tribe. But rewatching it I'd say strategically Rob was the best player out there. I also didn't see Vee as that much under the radar, she had a lot of confessionals that showed she had strategy, I don't know if knowing she was the winner made me notice them more or if it was because Rob, Sean and Mama were so outspoken she seamed in the background.

+ Reply to Thread