+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I wouldn't go so far to say that Rob has shown finesse; he's been openly rude to other players (Rupert, Tom), has set himself up to be a victim to an emotional jury, has not kept his alliances on the down low. He's lucky that he has a bunch of people just desperately trying to stay UTR in his alliances, allowing his existing alliances to be effective. It's not quite the same as Brian's performance in Thailand; Brian was far more understated in his performance. If Brian played the way Rob is playing now, Clay would be $900k richer, despite his curmudgeonness. If Rob was on any of the other two tribes, he'd never have made the merge.
    I completely agree. Rob would have been taken out with any other post-merge cast...there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Probst promises 'Survivor' surprises

By John Powell -- JAM! Showbiz

"During the filming of the series, 'Boston' Rob stunned Probst by being able to take on the leadership role and avoid being targeted by the other players. Probst chalks that up to maybe the other players believing that their alliance with Rob would take them to the end.
    "Some people don't like 'Boston Rob' as much as I do because they are pulling for the underdog and they don't see him as the underdog," said Probst. "Well, I see him as the absolute underdog. This is the blue-collar dude from Boston saying...Gimme a shot. He has three gold chains around his neck. He goes out and finds the cutest girl on the island, tucks her under his arm, builds a shelter for her and then starts annihilating the enemy saying...Stick with me. We will go all the way. That is romantic and that kicks ass. In the jungle, man, that's how it should be."

I love the jungle analogy. I can picture Rob as a sleek panther, stalking his prey, and taking them down one by one, even as they protest loudly (Lex, Kathy). Some of them (Rob C, Alicia) didn't even see it coming. He only has to growl, and the other tribe jump to his commands. They all can feel his power and want to ally with him. His play is pure poetry, unsullied by the hypocrisy that marks the others'. His artistry is so deft - people say he is not skilled, he is only lucky, he is playing with morons and that's why - I say he only makes it look that way - he plays the game with so much ease.

I saw his potential on Marquesas and knew he would do well on S.A.S. He has surpassed all my expectations. He is truly the virtuoso puppetmaster ... the master and commander of the game. Rob rules Survivor.
    Last edited by Gher; 05-05-2004 at 03:50 AM.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

Rob was robbed! He'll be getting my vote in the poll they're running.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I don't think Rob was Robbed at all - he chose love and taking Amber to the finals over taking Jenna and the sure win. (Still wish he won)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I think BRob should have won.. but yes, he is still a winner anyway. Everyone on the jury giving him speech(s) can all gather at the punch bowl now and have a heaping glassful of sour grape juice. Toast to the friendships they kept "intact". :rolleyes
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

^^^ About the vote, don't let Lex cheat the best player out of a million dollars. If you want to screw Lex over, vote for Rob.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

I really dislike Rob. He was utterly petty and nasty when talking about people behind their backs, and he put on the most slimy suck-up act at the Jury. At least JFP was honest about his dishonesty.
    But he won the game. He did the work (apart from all of Lex's help). He deserves his success.

Rob played too well that he showed up the stupidity of the jury.

They voted out of jealousy.

I wish someone would shut Amber up. She's doing the interview rounds bashing Rob and talking herself up. IMO if you are that good of a player your own merits should be able to stand up by themselves. No need to diss someone to make yourself look better. Note, Rob doesn't say a WORD to put Amber down anywhere. He's got more class and more commonsense.

Someone should tell her (I wish it could be Rob ), "Listen, sheepface, it doesn't take much to play it UTR, what you did was basically nothing .... don't kid yourself, you're a second-rate Survivor winner, who only won because the jury was too bitter they'd been played, so can it with all the b#llsh#t about your wonderful strategy."

Bet she's doing this because she's defensive about winning. Everytime she gets asked whether Rob deserved to win over her, which happens alot, is like a slap in the face for her. It doesn't take much for someone to turn overnight into an arrogant b#tch. She doesn't even thank him properly for helping her to win in interviews. What a dipsh#t.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I don't think Rob was robbed. He dominated the game, but forgot one important element: the jury actually has to vote for you in the end. Stupid Rob.
    Many players who play the game like Rob, (and including Rob in his previous survivor), never made it as far. The challenges favoured his skills... whad'ya know, the construction guy has great balance and can build stuff :rolleyes

People have won this game with many different kinds of strategies... Rob's just happened to favour him to get to the final two. This time. But, to me, it seems obvious he didn't deserve to win.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gher
    Someone should tell her (I wish it could be Rob ), "Listen, sheepface, it doesn't take much to play it UTR, what you did was basically nothing .... don't kid yourself, you're a second-rate Survivor winner, who only won because the jury was too bitter they'd been played, so can it with all the b#llsh#t about your wonderful strategy."
    The nature of any contest is that the winner is the winner. The person who won (unless of course they cheated) is the person who did what was necessary to win. Just because you liked Rob's strategy and you think he executed it well, doesn't mean he should have won. The only person who deserved to win ASS was Amber. Not because I like her or liked her strategy, but because she DID win. I don't understand why people don't get this. The only person who can claim to have had the best strategy is the winner. End of story. Rob's strategy was good, but not good enough due to the sensitivity of the jury members. Nice try, Rob. Amber won so she can claim that her strategy was the best and she has historical data to prove it (SHE WON!). Now, I don't necessarily disagree that Amber is showing bad taste in putting Rob down, but that's her choice. Should be an interesting marriage.

+ Reply to Thread