+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree with Holly. Rob's tribe probably already knows about the "deal" to save Amber and are thrilled that it worked so they could keep the numbers on their side.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by gaelbolga

"The fact that both he and Amber are still in the game is entirely due to the ineptitude of this season's contestants so far."

Certainly not entirely. Rob has been a challenge winning machine for his tribe with the result that they have not gone to TC since Day 6, 21 days ago. His team has not had a chance to display ineptitude or lack thereof so far, thanks mostly to Rob. For 27 days, his tribe has bonded and become stronger. That speaks well for Rob. Exactly how should his tribe, or the other players, have taken him out up to this point?

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I don't know if the original Chapera tribe would see Rob's "betrayal" of Lex as being a liar. I mean, if I was a Chapera, I'd be glad we got rid of someone -anyone- from Mogo-Mogo, rather than "our" tribe. But maybe that's just me.
    No, it's not just you, holly71. After all, that was precisely the reason Rob gave Lex as to why he was voting him off: He was remaining true to his original Chapera alliance.

The Chaperans would've had more reason to distrust Rob had he gone against one of them (as Amber wanted to do) instead of booting Lex.

Lex played most of the game betraying his tribal alliances (Colby, Ethan & Jerri), only remaining true to Kathy. By some bizarre thought process, he seems to think that makes him "morally superior" to Rob.

Had their situations been reversed, does anyone really believe that Lex would've done any differently???

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    No, it's not just you, holly71. After all, that was precisely the reason Rob gave Lex as to why he was voting him off: He was remaining true to his original Chapera alliance.

The Chaperans would've had more reason to distrust Rob had he gone against one of them (as Amber wanted to do) instead of booting Lex.

Lex played most of the game betraying his tribal alliances (Colby, Ethan & Jerri), only remaining true to Kathy. By some bizarre thought process, he seems to think that makes him "morally superior" to Rob.

Had their situations been reversed, does anyone really believe that Lex would've done any differently???

"Bizarre" is exactly the word to describe Lex's thought process. He accused Rob of having a greater alliance to Chapera than to Lex. Geez, what a surprise! I mean, in the whole annals of Survivor history, is there a stupider comment than this? Rob: Chapera 27 days. Lex: less than one day.

I don't care how many times Rob called Lex and his wife about Rob's girlfriends. And it is despicable that Lex should attempt to use these phone calls between friends against Rob now.

But none of that matters. As Lex said so frequently himself, it was about business, not friendship.

Namaste.

FORT Fan
    I think Rob's playing well enough, but unless something changes he and Amber are basically being handed the game on a silver platter. I just don't find anything that noteworthy or exceptional about his gameplay, it's the same as it was in Marquesas except he likes the girl a little more, he's not as lazy, and there is no Hunter rival leader. He still can't stand a hint of competition, he's been gunning for the alpha males since day one (including Rob C who he thought "stole" his strategy on the Amazon). I'm hoping eventually his deals with everyone will do him in, just like it did on Marquesas. I also fear his over-gloating if he wins..it would be impressive to be the all-star champ of course, but that doesn't take away the fact that he couldn't even make the jury his first go-around.

"First of all, I'd like to thank God and my family - especially my parents, my brother and my sister - for giving me this opportunity.

I've had a great time here. I'd like people to know that this was a game and I was playing a game. All the people that participated - the contestants, everybody - I hope that everybody doesn't take so much of everything that I said in this seriously. I was trying to be funny and joke around. It's just my personality.

I had a wonderful time. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Right now I'm feeling that I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely no regrets.

I definitely enjoyed the game aspect of the game. The whole camping aspect, it was cool, but I liked playing, trying to manipulate, more than anything else. Like I said, I had a great time.

I don't have anything bad to say. I miss my family, and I love all you people and I hope nobody comes away with hurt feelings or bad feelings. We were just playing a game. And afterwards, I hope we can all be friends." (from Marquesas)

Rob (votes Lex): Hey buddy, sorry about the vote. Thanks for keeping Amber around. I hope we can get over this man and have a beer on the outside. Thanks.

Rob can be gracious in defeat as he is in victory.
    Rob the Magnanimous.

Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    Originally posted by gaelbolga

"The fact that both he and Amber are still in the game is entirely due to the ineptitude of this season's contestants so far."

Certainly not entirely. Rob has been a challenge winning machine for his tribe with the result that they have not gone to TC since Day 6, 21 days ago. His team has not had a chance to display ineptitude or lack thereof so far, thanks mostly to Rob. For 27 days, his tribe has bonded and become stronger. That speaks well for Rob. Exactly how should his tribe, or the other players, have taken him out up to this point?
    You're right; there's been no opportunity to get rid of Rob, and only two opportunities to get rid of Amber. So much for my assertions...

Gotta hand it to Rob for providing all the best lines of the show ... I just watched Episode 6 again. Rob says, 'Rupert has a squeaky clean image and attitude. Something about him I don't trust ...... So I formed an alliance with him." That Rob connives like a pro. "So now I have alliances with everybody ... except Sue and Alicia. I mean we could kick Rupert off tomorrow .. sacrificial lambs.. I'm going to wait and see the way it goes down . . . . . . .
    It's my game, buddy (smiles)."

And, "Everyday we talk about food here because as good as the rice is, it's TERRIBLE (laughs)."

And all in that wicked lazy Boston-accented drawl of his.

FORT Newbie

Done - Rob and Amber in the Finals

It truly amazes me that everyone on survivor all-stars (excluding: Lex, Kathy, and Colby) are soooo afraid of being in the spotlight that they choose to remain under the radar the whole time and just let Rob skip along the yellow brick road and guide their OBVIOUS inevidable fate, alongside his trusty boot-lick ugly-duckling, Amber.

In my opinion i truly believe Rob deserves the m$llion over anyone else because he CAME TO PLAY. And i really hope he wins!! For the last 4 weeks i have been able to successfully predict who was going to be kicked out from the perspective of Rob controlling the game. By eliminating Kathy there is no real significant threat to Robfather's empire. Though it's finally nice to see Alicia waking up to things, though it was not a good idea to make Rob aware of her uneasiness in her alliances. From a strategic POV i think it would be best for him to get rid of Alicia next (she's starting to realize things aren't so rosey) -- and DAMN too because i enjoyed checking out her solid bod each week (Shi-Ann's got a really cute butt so at least that will be around a bit longer. As for Amber i don't find her that attractive -- her bod looks very underdeveloped for a girl :phhht -- Amber has no .7 ratio ... eewww)

Everyone is too paralyzed to do anything it seems and this has got to be the most BOORRRINNG (and predictable) Survivor in its 8-season history. What's worse is the Survivor crew are not even attempting to be the least bit creative on any aspect of the show (e.g. competitons). But then again MB netted $40+ million this season alone so why would he care if things are stale.

From how things are beautifully laid out currently i can only see Rob (and Amber) as the final two. What i am still trying to decide is who is the other person that make it the final 3: Jenna or Shi-Ann -- BIG Money is on Jenna.

Kathy was the last real strategist (excluding Rob) and now we are left with Lemmings.

So imho, Rob predicted that they'd be the final two and worked his boston magic and made it so. That my friends is talent and deserves to be known as the best all-around Survivor who ever played the game. To be able to not only guide himself to the final two but knowingly taking another person with him (Amber) right from the very beginning is truly talent.

Hope he wins, though it will likely go to Amber (Rob's got 2 definite enemies on the jury and counting), but hey, $250,000 for the runner-up (they upped it from $100,000 just for All-Stars) aint that bad!

And I am sooo confident that these two are my picks for the final two i am even willing to put up cash (thru PayPal) if others wants to gamble ... I am willing to gamble $50 U.S. per interested party. PM and we can discuss an agreed 3rd-party responsible for handling the $$. I'm serious!

Go Raaawwwwbbbb!!

The only thing that would guarantee him to lose would be a gross food challenge

+ Reply to Thread