+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

FORT Regular
    Funny, I'm a person from Boston. Yes, I've heard him, myself, my family, speak. That is NOT how he or any person from Boston pronounces the word "Rob." Rahb?? That's how we'd pronounced it if it were spelled R-a-r-b. We prounounce Rob as "Rawb." We do not EVER pronounce O's as "Ah's." NEVER. That's a midwestern thing, NOT a Boston thing.
    Last edited by etcetera; 04-09-2004 at 01:19 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Lex said this morning, on the Today show that he knew before TC that Kathy was not going to give him immunity. He told her not to repeatedly and she finally agreed. He also said that he and Rob became friends before this game, and that Rob would call Lex in tears for support when breaking up with a girl, etc...

Looks to me like Rob is getting skinnier (and likely weaker) as the show goes on. He seemed to really be struggling during the last challenge. I suspect that he will not be the powerhouse during these challenges that he once was, which will give others a chance to vote him out.

Oh, and I'm from Boston, too, and Rob would definitely be pronounced "Rawb"

Quote Originally Posted by etcetera
    Funny, I'm a person from Boston. Yes, I've heard him, myself, my family, speak. That is NOT how he or any person from Boston pronounces the word "Rob." Rahb?? That's how we'd pronounced it if it were spelled R-a-r-b. We prounounce Rob as "Rawb." We do not EVER pronounce O's as "Ah's." NEVER. That's a midwestern thing, NOT a Boston thing.
    Alright,alright..I'll change my signature!!!

Rawb for president by the way....I laughed so hard when he said in his confessional "Lex didn't really believe that,did he?" that I amost 'lemonaded' on myself! God I hope he wins!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I hated when he said that! I wanted to smack that smirk of his face. Hey what if he really DID vote Amber off? That was what I was looking forward to but

FORT Newbie
    Rob is awesome

FORT Newbie
    Boston Rob made the latest Entertainment Weekly Must List at #8:

"Behond the power of a mosquito-bitten hottie named Amber: An arrogant jock turns into an improbably compelling romantic hero."

Romantic hero is stretching it, but he is without a doubt the star of ASS.

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    I beg to differ...the star(s) of ASS are the sandcrabs that are far more interesting than any of the two legged moving noisy creatures on that beach.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    I beg to differ...the star(s) of ASS are the sandcrabs that are far more interesting than any of the two legged moving noisy creatures on that beach.
    Wow, if you find sandcrabs more interesting than the going-ons of last week's episode, then... umm... I guess you really have a thing for sandcrabs.

Premium Member
    Not since Brian in S5 has anybody controlled this game the way Rob is. It almost appears as though he is in charge and everybody blindly follows his lead. I don't get it?
    In S4 he did not have this kind of leverage, and that was against a bunch of first timers. This is a strange edition.

Rob's smart, smarter than Amber. If they hadn't voted off Lex, he could have gone on an immunity run, and the dynamics of the game could have been changed.

Rob's right, when you've got the momentum going, you don't do anything to lose it.
    I'm also glad he didn't throw the Survivor trivia challenge - if the Chaperas had lost, they would have voted off one of their own, then his alliances would have been revealed and that would have alerted the others who were not in the core alliance they needed to act early which could have provided a crack for a Mogo Mogo to worm themselves into and break up Rob's alliance of six.

It would have been too risky to do at that point. There will plenty of time to do that once all the Mogo Mogos are gone. Thank goodness, Rob wasn't that weak about Amber, and he didn't hurt himself unnecessarily.

He'll need to take Amber to the final two. Not just because she is his true alliance- mate or even because they have a romance going but because of the way things are going down - by the end, they will have screwed over everyone to reach F2 (if the game goes their way), and she'll end up being the only one the others may hate even more than Rob.

Re the others being blind about Romber: Rob doesn't have a responsibility to the others, to create alliances for them to be in, or whatever.. - he did that out of his own initiative. If the others are too backwards to create their own alliances then Rob can't be blamed for having an alliance with six people and for them not knowing about it.

Rob didn't take the sheep's role because he wanted to be in control. He is taking risks as the leader. Nobody has stepped up to take control. So if Rob takes control and carves out alliances which are to his advantage then it just goes to show he is the one with his sh*t together and the others are just waiting for the game to come to them.

Congrats to Rob for winning the first IC of the merge.

+ Reply to Thread