+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Cesternino - Chapera

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    We didn't hear one peep out of Rob C last night (and no ones talking about him on the boards)- a good sign at this point in the game! What makes Rob such a great game player is his perceptiviness- he has Richard and Rahb figured out- dead on! Rob is probably like one of those guys you see who sit in the corner of a seedy bar and just quietly watches people and after an hour will have everyone figured out! I think Rob C will be flying UTR for a few weeks- playing the game quietly until everyone fries all the fish they need to fry first- then he'll come out guns a blazing!

FORT Fogey
    I never saw S5 or S6 so I don't even know which season he was on.... but I was surprised that he was so quiet last night considering everything I heard about him... I guess he's changed his strategy a little bit... probably a good thing for him.

I think he was definitely playing the quiet game last night, but I'm not sure it'll help. He's a known target and may suffer the same fate as Tina no matter what he does, especially on his tribe of losers. I don't mean that I dislike everyone on his tribe, but he lasted longer than any of them and has a much more respected "Survivor pedigree" than anyone on his tribe.

I want him to win. He deserved a win in The Amazon, and it would be great if he could pull this win out of the fire. Unfortunately, I'm not hopeful. There are too many idiots (**coughJennaLewiscough**) sprinkled among the small number of legitimate All-Stars.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    But there's a fair number of loud-mouthed targets that could be considered the first boot as well.... Tom, Alicia, Rob M, Sue... everyone but Amber, who I would vote off just because she's so ignorant in gameplay (sorry Paulie)

Hey, don't apologize. I said the same thing about Amber in the post-show discussion thread. She's a terrible player and has no business being on All-Stars. I'll enjoy watching her body while she's on, but they better get rid of her before she gets a whiff of the big money.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I really enjoyed watching Rob C. doing his thing last night. He let Susan rant at him about Rob M., and at least according to the editing, just grinned happily at her. He worked hard and didn't make any waves.

It strongly reminded me of him early on in S6 when I didn't realize what a good game player he was. He didn't like Roger any more than anyone else, but he didn't rock the boat and just did what Roger wanted.

I sure am hoping if Chapera has to go to TC before some kind of merge/twist that he maneuvers the rest to get rid of Rob M. I see Rob M. as Rob C.'s biggest threat on this team. I think the rest can be suckered into Rob C.'s power deals. Rob M. is a threat because he wants to be King of the Hill, even if the hill is in a garbage pit.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fogey
    I think Rob has a really good shot, now. He stayed out of the fights and clashes. He's currently UTR and not making waves. I used to think that he'd be the first one gone from his tribe, now I think it's gonna be Sue first, then Rob M or Alicia. Rob C has a GREAT shot at the merge.

And who knows? I may end up liking him this time. He didn't bother me, but then again, he said next to nothing.

hopefully Rob stays alive for a while. for all the air time he got in the Amazon, he's getting very little now. It seems that EPMB will bump up someone's air time in the episode or two before they go...so far so good.

(by the way, Rob, if you read this, there's a chick in Vegas that thinks you're totally HOT!

FORT Fan
    Rob C actually appears to me to be the least vulnerable to be voted out on Chapera right now, after all they have Rob M the leader, Amber his queen, Sue the loudmouth, and Alicia the other loudmouth. He said on an Insider clip that he would like to see Amber go if they head to Tribal Council, since she's lazy/weak/etc, but he recognizes that Rob M wouldn't be happy about it..so he's not sure whether or not to fly under the radar. He also mentioned that Sue's isolating herself and her behavior could end up ousting her instead. Things are looking pretty good for him right now.

FORT Fogey
    Wow, good points. I think Sue really should go from Chapera, though.

I...um...get this...like Rob C so far. I hated him in Amazon! I guess cuz there's no Dave for him to ooze with jealousy over. That makes him a lot more likable.

It's weird, I thought he'd be one of the first targets, and yet he's the least likely to actually get the boot. He's playing great right now.

+ Reply to Thread