+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Darrah's Chat

Darrah's Chat

Hey we finally got to see the transciption of Darrah's chat.

My general observations are she is one cool young lady, she's is not bitter about any part of the experience, and answer the questions in a very honest way. Probably more honest than any other player.

Some points of interest:
    She had a stategy of playing UTR going into the game
    She was playing Lill against JFP for F2. JFP didn't trust the right person.

Christa's comments about her are definitly biased.
    She dislikes Lill alot, this seems to be common among DISC members also.
    Morgan was not a disfunctional as we were told, Ryno,T,Andrew,Darrah

My only dissappointment is that she holds JFP in a higher regard even though she didn't trust him and clearly recognizes him for what he is.

The major point I have in reading post interviews and chats is Survivor is clearly manipulted for entertainment purposes at the expense of the game.

Darrah said that several scenes were taken in improper order day ealier or later and used out of context. I don't have a major problem with this, but it does effect the editting of how we perceive the game.

The real problem is that at a crucial moment in the game, the JFP,Lill,Darrah chat, the crew grabs her and keeps her for nearly half the day. Darrah was quite clear about this and I'm suprised CBS let her. I fear we will never see our young lass on a all star because of it. She never had a chance to do damage control because of the ease JFP had at minipulating Sandra and Lill. She new it, wanted to do some thing about it, CBS would not let her. That is game manipulation.

Lets tie this with other post game information. JFP is not a normal player who interviews to be on the show, he is a plant, cast for the show like an actor. Does anyone besides me look at his role in the game, his post show interview, and see a wrestler acting his part in a semi scripted production. Event after event all winding around his antics, highlited on the show for entertainment value.

Let's go back to the editting of the show now, remember this is done after the season in concluded. Darrah's TV time is minimal and usually taken out of context to show her acting in a certain way, usually negative.
    Why?
    Because they wanted us to not like her or be indifferent to her, so we wouldn't care and thus notice what they did.
    So why to Darrah you all asked, I have given this quite some thought, and here's my opinion. Jenna just won the last show, from CBS point of view, Darrah winning is a rerun. Jenna and Darrah have physical simularities and from 50 year old TV executives point of view, probably the same casting type. We all now they are quite different in reality. It seems obvious to everyone to almost everyone that Darrah is easy winner. We have 2 other contestants and Scoutleader from old catagory (remember they don't now how much we are going to hate her. They're basically idiots when guessing peoples thoughts, look at TV in general) and a minority mother of a highly sought after demographic. They guided JFP what to do, keep her from reacting to it. Have an anti-Darrah no winner IC, edit her for negative spin and presto. Darrah's gone and they get a winner from a new catagory, showing us anyone can play the game. :phhht
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    Morgan was not a disfunctional as we were told, Ryno,T,Andrew,Darrah

Hey Ref Guy,

I just had to comment that I didn't have to be TOLD that Morgarn was dysfunctional, I witnessed it with my own eyes.

1) They lost the first 6 (7 really counting the thrown challenge by Drake) challenges.....this is dysfunctional.

2) They couldn't catch a fish to save their lives, and blamed it all on having a worse island and "lagoon" to fish out of then Drake. Yet....when Rupert comes to their tribe he has no trouble catching fish for them......this is dysfunctional.

3) They build a shelter too close to the rising water (huge mistake), and don't take action to move it to higher ground. Instead they pathetically try, and build a dam around it using wood, sand and rocks. Their tribe can't make a command decision, and just move it. They wait until Rupert comes, and insists that they take action. Osten wanted to wait until it at least STARTED to float away. If Andrew was truly their leader then he would have made the decision himself, and just had them move it, but the didn't. They did however finally listen to a member from the OPPOSING tribe.......this is dysfunctional.

4) They failed to gain sufficient food and supply rations from the village which they clearly could have done as witnessed by Drakes success. They foolishly left the villiage with many balboas left over....why? They constantly were hungry due to their poor planning, and inability to catch fish. They were so desperate for what little food they could get that they had to pilliage rice from the Drakes when they should have been in the position to take something that might have been more damaging to them (Drake)....this is dysfunctional.

5) Whether people liked the outcast twist or not...it happened. Drake welcomes Burton back into the tribe putting the past behind them for the most part. Morgan can't take the fact that Lill has returned, and instead of being capable of handling it in a STATEGIC way regardless of their true feelings, they blew it. Lill still feels like an outcast from her tribe (not that I really blame Morgan as a viewer on the outside....Lill....Uggggggh), and she decides to bolt to Drake where she is made to feel more welcome and useful. Had Morgan played their cards differently, and played Survivor the smart way....as they should have....perhaps Lill could have been won over, and things would have been drastically different in the boot order, and we probably would have seen a different winner (I'm glad we didn't....I like Sandra)......this is dysfunctional.

6) Darrah, Lill, T....they were not leaders or strategic minded. They were followers who didn't think for themselves. When their leaders or stronger members were booted they never attempted to step up to the plate to do anything substantial to further themselves in the game. Their survival or longetivy after this point was mainly based on luck and bigger fish to fry that week. Lill....who I can't tolerate did nothing on her own to get to the final 2, and Darrah....who I do like did nothing really stategic to get to fourth place, but did kick butt in the IC's when it counted. I like T for the most part, but I was pretty surprised she lasted as long as she did without playing much of a role either way....ie....UTR or say in your face like Rupert, Jon or Burton. Trying to save your butt, but still getting the boot is one thing....this is common, and part of the game. Getting the boot without even TRYING to find a way to stay is sad, and yes.....dysfunctional.

7) Osten.....enough said.

Did they start to win some challanges and make a comeback to some extent? Yes...they did, but it was to little to late. It occured to close to the merge, and by that time in the game your tribes actions become moot. All of the things I mentioned REALLY HAPPENED....they were not made up...they were not edited in for dramatic effect etc. I'm sure we didn't see some of their better moments as a tribe, but I'm sure we didn't see all of Drakes either....good or bad. It works both ways. With that said....even Morgan's good moments were surely outweighted by their inability to pull together in a consistent fashion as a tribe which makes them dysfunctional.

I'm not trying to convince you of all this Ref Guy, because I know you watched the same show that I did, but as much as I do like Darrah.....even she can't convince me that Morgan was anything but a tribal nightmare. It they didn't have the merge when they did, and the celebratory banquet etc....Morgan might not even have showed up for the next challenge. That's how despondit they were as witnessed by T's tears, and the looks on all their faces when they surely felt they were being saved.

The only other thing I want to comment on is Darrah, and her comments regarding her time away from the tribe during the crucial moments of the show. I feel if you watch the last two episodes....and especially the one where Darrah got booted....Jon, Lill, and Sandra were also shown a number of times in confessional which means they were away from the others just as much. A Survivor can't blame losing on time away for confessionals when everyone goes through the same thing....especially near the end. If your alliances aren't strong enough or your position secure enough to allow you to step away for a half hour, then you didn't play the game right, and it's your own fault. She knew how the game works....she knew she would be pulled away for her confessionals, and she should have been prepared to do her strategic planning before she left. It's part of the game.....end of story.

The point that Darrah was making is that while they had problem living off the land, they were eating, and they were getting along on a personal level.

In regard to confessionals, yes everyone else had them, but not for half of the day. Critic you may have miss read the chat and thought it was only a half hour, but it was actually half the day. The timing is also important and right after the most important conversation, to pull her away. When stating the alliances aren't strong enough to leave for a while, let's look at the people you had left.

Lill,the queen of wishy washy and deceit, who would turn on someone on anyone elses wim.

I'll change my vote at any time Sandra, if I think it will help me.

and THE PLANT, I'll do anything Jeff tells me to JFP.

She clearly had to keep an eye on these Bozos to have any chance of keeping an alliance. CBS prevented that from happening.

In regard to initial alliances, Darrah was stuck when Lill came back, Morgan voted out Lill because they didn't like her, not for strategic reasons. Burton was voted out for strategic reasons and thus easier for Drakes to accept coming back. Lill came back as a Drake and that gave Drake a 6-4 numbers advantage. Morgan demise was set by the normal Pagonging. Darrah positioned herself with UTR statagy to be the last Morgan standing, it was very clear cut that she would be. She then used her best asset, strength in IC's to get herself in position to win. I think she did not persue the all girl alliance because JFP and Butron may not have been a bad final 3 in her position. Women have done very well historically in the will to win challage, endurance over strength. She change that stratagey when she thought she was a target. I wish the F5 had voted out Lill instead of Burton after hearing the chats.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

FORT Fogey
    2) They couldn't catch a fish to save their lives, and blamed it all on having a worse island and "lagoon" to fish out of then Drake. Yet....when Rupert comes to their tribe he has no trouble catching fish for them......this is dysfunctional.
    Yeah, well did ya notice that Rupert only caught 3 fish when he is a fishing guru? I rewatched episode 6, I noticed the water, Morgan had waves while Drake had none. And this is a fact because I paid very close attention to it. And since no one on Morgan was very good at it, they were screwed. Ryan and Andrew said they tried. But if you're not Rupert, you're not gonna get any. This point means nothing in my opinion.

They edited Morgan to look beyond lazy when they were NOT lazy. I loved this tribe and was very mad when Lill came back in the game

ref guy, I thought the chat was VERY interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Yeah, well did ya notice that Rupert only caught 3 fish when he is a fishing guru? I rewatched episode 6, I noticed the water, Morgan had waves while Drake had none. And this is a fact because I paid very close attention to it. And since no one on Morgan was very good at it, they were screwed. Ryan and Andrew said they tried. But if you're not Rupert, you're not gonna get any. This point means nothing in my opinion.

They edited Morgan to look beyond lazy when they were NOT lazy. I loved this tribe and was very mad when Lill came back in the game

ref guy, I thought the chat was VERY interesting.
    Rupert only caught 3 fish (supposedly) because he wasn't there to catch ALL the fish for Morgan as he did for his own tribe. He was there to TEACH them how to fish on their own. He showed them, and then he stepped back and watched how they did as any teacher would. My point is not irrelevant because Rupert did and could catch fish on Morgans's water. Andrew and Ryno couldn't....period. Rupert isn't some professional deep sea diver or champion fisherman. He is just someone who tries something and persists until he succeeds. This is what seperates the men from the boys. Morgan was full of boys with their "I Give Up" and "We're Doomed" attitudes. Ryno, BTW also had a fish already on the spear head, and all he had to do was put the darn thing in the back. He managed to screw that up by losing it. This tribe was VERY dysfunctional and there's no way around it. No matter how much you may like them....it doesn't change who they are.

Again....they were lazy because they didn't try harder to fish until they got it right. They were lazy because they didn't want to tear down their shelter and move it before it floated away. Lill, who I can't stand did more work than most of them combined. You can blame all you want on editing because that's the easy way out for the contestants or a viewer watching their favorite, but that doesn't change anything. If they were as active or hard working as they claim they would have faired better in the game and competitions whether it made it onto our tv screens or not.

They were lazy because they didn't want to tear down their shelter and move it before it floated away.
    Say what you will, but Osten was the only one who didn't want to move the shelter. And we all know what happened to him...

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    They were lazy - they let 6 days pass before dealing with the sleeping problems (shelter). They preferred to sit around laughing and cutting up before doing any work, and then throwing themselves into physical challenges, but there is a clear reason why Drake was heads and tails a better tribe than them, and it's called work ethic - something they didn't have enough of. Wonder why Lill didn't fit in? I'd say that was part of the reason. If Lill was a Drake at the outset instead of a Morgan, I think a lot of people's opinions of her as a player and a person might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Say what you will, but Osten was the only one who didn't want to move the shelter. And we all know what happened to him...
    Yes, that's true....in the END Osten was the only one who didn't want to move the shelter. However before Rupert came to their came none of them wanted to move it even though it was the smartest thing to do. It was only after Rupert came to the Morgan camp, and saw the situation and basically TOLD Andrew and his crew that it had to be moved. Then they basically took a ridiculous vote that never should have been needed to go ahead with the move. People who are go getters, and not lazy would have moved it long before the water level got even halfway to where it eventually was. Had Rupert not been "won" in the competition I have no doubt that we would have eventually seen footage on our tv's of the Morgan shelter drifting out to sea.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I suppose in Survivor when you're incredibly exhausted, you're just gonna keep fishing over and over again even when you keep failing so you can be even more tired. Makes sense to me. That's why they didn't persist with the fishing.

And thank you John, Osten was the only one who fought the moving of the shelter. Man, couldn't stand that guy. I wish he and Lill had never been on Survivor. The Morgan tribe might be one of my favorite tribes of all time if it weren't for those 2 and then there's Skinny Ryan who is so skinny you could snap him like you would a twig. Dunno how he thought he could ever make it on Survivor.

+ Reply to Thread