+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rate S7?

FORT Fogey
    I will rate the shows on the basis of 3 things. First will be premerge(16-11), second will be post merge(10-5), third will be final 4(4-1).

Premerge:

S2: by far the most exciting show before merge.
    S3: had alot of good stories going before merge
    *gap*
    S1: new factor brings it up a few notches
    S6: good beginning great twist
    S7: good beginning
    S4: good enough beginning unless you liked Hunter
    S5: average beginning

Post Merge:
    S6: great cast, never knew what was happening next
    S7: bad twist, but exciting never the less
    *gap*
    S1: the fact it was something new made it good
    S2: Jerri boot caught me off guard, predicable after
    S4: great moment when john got booted out, but predictable after that
    S3: enough stuff to keep you going
    S5: once shii an got booted the show got predictable

Final 4:
    S1: new or not, amazing final 4
    *gap*
    S4: not a fan of Vee but great final show, purple rock or not, great jury
    S6: great final to bad Rob didn't win though
    S5: Brian is the man when it comes to this game
    S7: Good final show, but i wish the jury was more vicous
    S3: 2 boring people in the final 2, only saved by Kelly's stupid rant
    *gap*
    S2: most boring final 4 people ever, should have done it in 1 show, might have made the series better overall
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 12-16-2003 at 06:39 PM.

I have to say that S1 will probably always be my favorite. I liked something about everyone on the show. I think the first time they had more average type people that we can relate to in one way or another. No one, except Rich, had much of a clue as to how to play the game. I loved Susan, I loved her work ethic, her sense of humor and of course I am from WI so that helped. Actuallly the first season had many from WI, Susan, Dirk, and Joel Klug was not living in WI when he played the game but he was raised in Green Bay.
    I have a hard time with S2 and S7. They are both up there at the top. I loved the players from S7 more esp Rup, Christa, Sandra, Lil, Andrew and even Jon, but I really liked some of the players from S2. Jerri is still one of the best vixen, villians. I loved the relationship between Elisabeth and Roger. I loved it when 53 year old Roger who could barely dog paddle jumped of the cliff into the water, I'd love to see buff Osten do that. I thought Tina was a great mastermind behind the scenes. Mike falling in the fire is one of the most dramatic survivor events in history. They both were filmed in really outstanding locations. The only thing I didn't like about S2 is that the players seemed more like they were using survivor as a stepping stone to some other career. They were a lot more buff and attractive. I liked it when the cast is more average type people that I can relate to. S3, 4 and 5 rate about the same for me. S6 was my least favorite. I didn't really like many of the players. I didn't like the men vs women thing past the first episode or 2. I didn't like the cute girls against the other girls. I didn't like the clique between the cool ones and the nerds. I especially didn't like the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    S4: not a fan of Vee but great final show, purple rock or not, great jury
    First of all, I want to commend you a fascinating breakdown of the various shows. Very insightful.

It's funny, though. I was just about to come on here and post about how weak the S4 jury was! Not only did they not ask very many tough questions, they barely asked any questions AT ALL! One of the first jurors started off with a comment, and most of the rest simply followed suit. Paschal's mooning over Neleh was embarrassing, as was her foolish "Oh, I just love all of you!" tack to answering their handful of questions.

S5's jury represented a welcome return to some tough questions. I enjoyed that final show more.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    First of all, I want to commend you a fascinating breakdown of the various shows. Very insightful.

It's funny, though. I was just about to come on here and post about how weak the S4 jury was! Not only did they not ask very many tough questions, they barely asked any questions AT ALL! One of the first jurors started off with a comment, and most of the rest simply followed suit. Paschal's mooning over Neleh was embarrassing, as was her foolish "Oh, I just love all of you!" tack to answering their handful of questions.

S5's jury represented a welcome return to some tough questions. I enjoyed that final show more.
    Helen

I seem to be one of the few who really enjoyed S5. One of the main reasons I enjoyed it was I could see all the way through how Brian was setting this up for the win. I didn't care for Brian, but when he won I could see how it happened piece by piece. Some of the other winners come so out of the blue it's annoying.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Regular
    Pre - Merge
    1. S3 - Loved the way the younger Samburus absolutly HATED the older ones
    2. S5 - Liked they way the 2 eldest castaways got to pick the tribes and I loved the challenges (especially the one where Clay got strangled!)
    3. S6 - Loved the battle of the sexes twist
    4. S2 - Fairly average, but entertaining
    5. S4 - A little bit below average
    6. S1 - Challenges were really predictable, but the TCs were good enough
    7. S7 - It was so predictable I could recite what would happen each week

Post - Merge
    1. S7 - Complete opposite of Pre - Merge, loved every minute of it
    2. S2 - Very entertaining
    3. S1 - Much more entertaining then I though it would be
    4. S4 - It was pretty average
    5. S3 - The survivors were pretty miserable, but it was fun to watch
    6. S5 - With Shii Ann gone it was pretty dull
    7. S6 - Very few exciting moments
    "Everyone is ugly in thier own way" - SurvivorFreak

"So much time, so little to do" - Garfield

Great points Survivorfreak07
    This show rocks!

FORT Fogey
    I like this pre merge, post merge thing! I'm gonna try it myself!

Pre-merge: (First Survivor is not included cuz I only started watching on the 5th episode, therefore, I don't know much about anything premerge.)
    S6: The chicks winning more than the guys was a lot of fun, guys obsessing about the chicks was funny, the switch was interesting, plenty of Dave in episode 4
    S3: Samburu's Mall Rats alliance was awesome, the twist was interesting, close encounters with the wild animals was interesting, and they had their most strength at this point
    S2: Kimmi vs. Alicia was entertaining, Kucha was kickin butt, the whole beef jerky thing, before Colby went on his immunity run
    S5: Sook Jai in control for awhile, throwing the challenge, the new way of picking tribes, the fake merge
    S7: Not so great at first, all Morgan did was lose challenges, at least it got rid of some annoying people, the gross food challenge was entertaining, Osten threatening to quit being so tough was interesting, and of course, the Morgan Behind challenge
    S4: Terrible...all that happened was Maraamu losing challenge after challenge. Seemed like it would be 8 Rotu's and 2 Maraamu's at the merge, because of twist, there was 3 and one won , Maraamu was just a horrible tribe to watch, period

Post merge: (Survivor 1 included)
    S6: no Pagonging: enough said, entertaining people left at the end, favorite made the jury
    S7: Once again no Pagonging, but having to deal with those stupid outcasts was annoying enough, and frustrating, favorite should've made it farther than just first jury member
    S2: Even though Colby had the immunity run, it was great because I kept thinking,"There is no way he'll win it THIS time," but he kept doing it! Favorite made the F4 and was the last Kucha left
    S4: The overthrow of the Rotu 4 was absolutely great! Made for a great post merge.
    S1: The first show and we had no idea what to expect, so although it was predictable(looking back) it was still pretty good
    S3: Boring, too much Samburu pagonging, Lex was evil but entertaining, favorite should've done better than first jury member if not for moron Brandon, predictable Final 4.
    S5: Worst. Post merge. Ever. Enough said. After booting Shii Ann, Sook Jai was screwed number wise and then it was just Pagonging from there on out. Worst. Final 4. Ever. Worst season ever, too.
    Last edited by Lil_Cutie; 12-30-2003 at 12:53 AM.

S7 is definitely up there with the best...S1 is my preferred, and S2 was good, particularly due to location.

On the whole, S7 had some great characters that just kept me coming back for more.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Star
    Great points Survivorfreak07

Thanks.
    "Everyone is ugly in thier own way" - SurvivorFreak

"So much time, so little to do" - Garfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast